• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle Of The SUFC Legends - Last 16 - Spencer Prior vs Paul Clark

Who is more of an SUFC Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Vote for who you want to win. Voting will close when the poll closes.

Spencer Prior (Drastic Sturgeon helped Spinner to secure 40 votes as runner up of Goup G. The 6"3' centre back joined the Blues professionally at the age of 18 in 1989 and went on to make 135 appearances for The Blues in his first spell at the club winning promotion to the second division in his debut season as he scored 3 goals in his first 4 years at the club. He was sold to Norwich for £300,000 but returned home in 2004 and was part of the double promotion winning team as he made 75 appearances, scoring 2 goals before retiring in 2007 and now works as a coach and pundit in Australia.)
Paul Clark (Runner up in Group E with 22 votes, Old Blue Lady helped him to win the play-off. A commanding defender Clark spent the 76/77 season at Roots Hall making 33 appearances, finding the net on one occasion, before joining Brighton. He returned in 1981 and enjoyed much success in the next 9 years playing for Southend making 278 appearances while scoring 3 goals. He also spent part of the 87/88 season managing the Blues.)

Pig of a tie, as most of you will remember there were huge arguments over the Hall of Fame votes in relation to these two (instigated by me I will admit in the main!) - both absolute legends in their own right, but most of Spinner's accolades were earnt away from the Hall, while the Viking's were with the Blues. I urge you to bear that in mind when voting please.

Spinner = 4 promotions at the Hall.

Spinner = Southend born & bred.

Spinner = Still has wayne rooney in his pocket.

both absolute legends in their own right, but most of Spinner's accolades were earnt away from the Hall, while the Viking's were with the Blues. I urge you to bear that in mind when voting please.

Agreed.I'll never forget that League Cup game at Palace where we let in nine.It was obvious then that Clarkey's days as a player were numbered.But he was always a great servant for the club,boy ,man and as a stand in manager too!.I also enjoy his occasional(these days)BBC Essex co-commentaries.Much better than Mr Philips :-)

Really tough one this. These two are the two outstanding central defenders I've seen during my years at Roots Hall (excluding loanees).

Both are legends of the highest order, but I think I'd probably go for Prior.

Back