• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle Of The SUFC Legends - Quarter Final - Freddy Eastwood vs Stan Collymore

Who is more of an SUFC Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Vote for who you want to win. Voting closes in 24 hours.

Freddy Eastwood (Easily won the Group of Death, Group G, securing 62 votes before beating Darryl 58-7. Graysblue.jr's choice scored his first goal in 7.7 seconds, scoring a debut hat trick before scoring 53 (according to wiki) goals in 115 appearances in 4 years)
Stan Collymore (number11's man won group E with 81 votes. Before beating David Crown 14-5. What can you say about Stan? Bought by Colin Murphy in November 1992, he almost single handedly saved us from the drop by his trademark solo goals. If you haven't got the video, The Collymore Collection, then shame on you. There isn't a tap in amongst them. Who can forget the solo goal against Huddersfield at Leeds Road, the double strike against Bristol Rovers that the keeper never even saw or Stanley throwing his boots triumphantly into the crowd on the final day of the season after the match against Luton. Sold to Nottingham Forest for over £2 million and then Liverpool and Villa. After moving briefly to Real Oviedo in Spain after a rather unhappy time at Leicester and Bradford City, Stanley hung his boots up in 2001 at the age of 30. What a waste. Stanley says his happiest moments as a player were at Roots Hall. You can come back anytime Stan. 18 goals in 33 League and Cup games.)

Really difficult choice this one, as it should be at the Quarter Final stage. However Stan is simply the best player I've ever seen in a Southend shirt.

Tough choice, but I've gone to Stan. As I recall it, when he joined we were useless. It seemed pretty much our tactic was give Stan the ball.

Whilst Freddy was good, I feel we had a better team around him.

I admit that memories are hazey, so feel free to prove me wrong

Tough but Freddy's goals helped get us two promotions on the trot and two Cardiff visits, so sorry Stan....

freddy but only just toughest choice ever, stan is the best player to wear a blues shirt no doubt but was only here for half a season, freddy was here longer and we enjoyed so much success with him he just edges it

Stan the Man. For his love of the club, his postings on SZ (the only player to do so), the goals that kept us up, the money that bought us B&L, our best FA Cup run ever, Freddy may have beat Man Utd, but Stan would have destroyed them.

When I first saw Stan play he gave me goose bumps. No-one comes close to him in my eyes.

be serious.....no contest, freddie not fit to tie stans shoelaces etc, unfortunately, if youre younger than 30, you may have a biased opinion towards freddie (whom I love in his own right)...but...just.no.comparison.

Stan the Man. , Freddy may have beat Man Utd, but Stan would have destroyed them.

so so true. Stan was in a different league and went on to prove this with Liverpool and Villa.

When Stan got the ball the whole stadium was in anticipation of what might happen next - a shot from 30 yards, a dribble past three players - who knows -I don't think he did ! Very surprised that people ahving seen both play are voting for Freddie - I don't get it

Really tough choice, Freddy stayed here longer, scored more goals, gave us a magical night v ManUre. But Stan was simply the most talented footballer I've ever seen pull on a blue shirt.

Stan the Man it is.

so so true. Stan was in a different league and went on to prove this with Liverpool and Villa.

When Stan got the ball the whole stadium was in anticipation of what might happen next - a shot from 30 yards, a dribble past three players - who knows -I don't think he did ! Very surprised that people ahving seen both play are voting for Freddie - I don't get it

Spot on, like so many people on here have said, he simply is the best player to put on a blues shirt. So many great goals and great memories

Stan for me, even after he was sold his legacy lived on in the sense that the proceeds of his sale bought us players and the belief that we could make the promised land of the Premier League before Judas jumped ship.

I can't think of a player that has had a more notable debut than Freddy, or for that matter the play off final goal or THAT free kick.

However for me Stan was a vastly superior player in terms of all round ability, and FWIW Billy Best a better goal scorer. I need to get an early Best dig in as I've got Tilly in the quarter final. ;)

Really tough choice, Freddy stayed here longer, scored more goals, gave us a magical night v ManUre. But Stan was simply the most talented footballer I've ever seen pull on a blue shirt.

Stan the Man it is.

Edited for accuracy.

Stan Billy Best was before my time, but my dad says exactly this.. so I've gone for SVC

Edited to make me feel less old.

For those of you not lucky enough to see Stan in action, think of a bigger, stronger and quicker Eastwood. He was that good.

Stan the man.
Before all his troubles associated with his fame, this raw youngster really was a one-man team. Don't forget Stan was smashing them in for Southend when we were in what is now called the Championship, the very div that Freddy has struggled with.

Stanley just came in and mashed de place up!

Back