• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battrick FLSA Cup - Quarter Finals

Bob Cratchitt

Devil's Advocate
Best Behaviour CCC v Brianstoke Batters

Brianstoke Batters won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Flat

And that's the end of the match. Brianstoke Batters won by 8 wickets.
Best Behaviour CCC 69-10
Brianstoke Batters 75-2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Model Army v The Flying Ferrets

The Flying Ferrets won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Cracked

And that's the end of the match. The Flying Ferrets won by 10 wickets.
New Model Army 24-10
The Flying Ferrets 26-0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mighty Oak v gloucester gipsies

gloucester gipsies won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Flat

And that's the end of the match. gloucester gipsies won by 201 runs.
gloucester gipsies 274-3
The Mighty Oak 73-10

Murphys Sweaty Box v Eleven Golden Vampires

Eleven Golden Vampires won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Uneven

And that's the end of the match. Eleven Golden Vampires won by 8 wickets.
Murphys Sweaty Box 217-10
Eleven Golden Vampires 218-2

Gambero C.C. v Durrington Albion

Durrington Albion won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Hard and fast

And that's the end of the match. Gambero C.C. won by 9 wickets.
Durrington Albion 183-10
Gambero C.C. 189-1

Last edited:
Bit of a turn up for the books here!

15/04/2007 (friendly) at ShrimperZone CC
ShrimperZone CC 221-10
Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI 176-10

ShrimperZone CC Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
Top Order: proficient quality
Middle Order: proficient strong
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: quality remarkable
Spin Bowling: wonderful strong
Fielding: feeble woeful

So I can beat the team promoted to the top division but I can't get promoted out of IV!! Somehow despite 73 and 4-27 Saj was not MoM!

Nice result there B! Just proves a good bowling attack is worth it's weight in gold.

What I think it also shows is the importance of having no weak links in your bowling attack if you are a bowling side. I rested one of my key all-rounders, McIntosh, who is probably my second best bowler, and played Irfan instead, who is only a strong-proficient bowler.

Daniels 9-1-32-5
Ramsden 9.4-0-55-3
Livingstone 10-0-36-1
Dawson 10-2-35-1
Irfan 10-0-61-0

Had McIntosh put in a spell of 10-0-40-1 (his economy rate is 4.03 and his average is 23.82) I'd have probably won, instead Sajjad and Curtis feasted on Irfan's pies and put on a match winning partnership of 78 for the 4th wicket.

ps I'm not there yet MrB- I probably have a play-off game.

Same level as Botham who's been my weak link this season:

Name O M R W
Mushtaq 7.4 0 45 2
Botham 10 0 46 0
Sutherland 10 0 41 1
Sajjad 10 0 27 4
Horrigan 7 3 11 1 0 0

Horrigan has been pretty immense this season, not a spectacular wicket taker but his economy rate of 3.69 for a quick has been very useful.

Figured you must have rested someone. My main problem is not having someone to regularly make the big scores and seeing as I'm only going to be training Mcconnell and Cunningham next season it's going to be a while before I have that someone (unless I get lucky with YP's again next season and can sell at lovely profits!).

What's Horrigan's consistency like then?

I also need a heavy scoring batsman. I have three prolific batsmen in Griffith, Keigher and Thomas, but could really do with an exceptional or sensational to take the burden away from them. Sadly I lack the £8m or so I'd probably need to buy one.

I'm using 4 batting nets at the moment, but 1 is on McIntosh and another is on my keeper and a 3rd in on Holt, a 17yo batsman who has just overtaken Canning. The only other batsman I'm training is quality-strong but averages just 30 this season, and that is on the basis of a fair few not outs.

He's remarkable/quality, nothing too special but he seems to be steady wherever he bowls in the innings unlike Sutherland who's started to become a tad expensive lately.

I'll probably be looking for a batting WK to replace Askew, got £2.8m at the moment so another season accumulating cash and Askew's sale price should hopefully net me enough to get a decent replacement. The fact that I've only got 3 players averaging over 50 this season in a league in which I've won a lot of games comfortably and I play on a hard and fast pitch tells it's own story!

What I think it also shows is the importance of having no weak links in your bowling attack if you are a bowling side. I rested one of my key all-rounders, McIntosh, who is probably my second best bowler, and played Irfan instead, who is only a strong-proficient bowler.
Fair point well made. ;)

Back