• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC - Ben Coker

Only just spied this thread and was reading through, there was one sour comment about him being obnoxious at a club dinner, is there anything more to that?

Zero chance of him staying if we are relegated, injury notwithstanding, gauging body language of the agent I fear

I've not heard that. You may or may not be referring to a couple of years ago when a few of the players over did it at the club dinner. Ben is well known for being great with supporters and goes out of his way for anyone suffering diabetes.

Agree with OBL and TSNB;
Ben Coker - very approachable, and quite a funny guy, he’s also great with the younger fans.

Obnoxious, not seen that? But we are all entitled to an off moment, aren’t we...

One of the most friendly players / staff I’ve crossed paths with, along with Theo (absolute gent!), Nathan Bishop and of course Chrissy Powell!

Hope he stays next season wherever we are.

What? Him defending other players from some of the unnecessarily cruel stuff people are saying? Bloody keyboard warriors, I hate them with a passion and if he sees it as his place to stand up to them, I have no problem with it.

He's absolutely right, these players are people.....you are quick enough to go on about mental health, how about people considered players' mental health before tweeting some of the crap they do?!

What? Him defending other players from some of the unnecessarily cruel stuff people are saying? Bloody keyboard warriors, I hate them with a passion and if he sees it as his place to stand up to them, I have no problem with it.

He's absolutely right, these players are people.....you are quick enough to go on about mental health, how about people considered players' mental health before tweeting some of the crap they do?!

I’ve read the comments and I think they’re pretty tame compared to what I’ve read before. People are entitled to an opinion if they think a player is useless are they not entitled to express that opinion?

I’ve read the comments and I think they’re pretty tame from what I’ve read before. People are entitled to an opinion if they think a player is useless are they not entitled to express that opinion?

You've changed.....

Yes, people are entitled to opinions but why does everyone feel the need to go on Twitter and berate players saying they're the worst ever and stuff like that? These people can and do read this stuff, and just at this moment in time, berating our players publicly is the last thing we need.

You've changed.....

Yes, people are entitled to opinions but why does everyone feel the need to go on Twitter and berate players saying they're the worst ever and stuff like that? These people can and do read this stuff, and just at this moment in time, berating our players publicly is the last thing we need.

Because it’s the world now, people hide behind a keyboard and give it billy big bollocks. Surely seeing that Barry from Twitter thinks he’s the worst signing ever should spur him on to prove him wrong.

People say that players are useless on here look at all the comments about Kightly. Just doesn’t need a player to come and defend his buddy does it. How about injecting that passion into the dressing room! There’s a reason people are annoyed and taking it out on the players. Because they’ve show no passion, no fight and have destined us to watching us in that ****e league below!

And people wonder why there is so much more of an issue with mental health these days....just be nice, there's a lot to be said for the old adage "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Everyone of those players is someone's son or father or brother. How do you think they feel reading and hearing their loved one given so much grief? Cokes clearly is fed up with it and has started telling people so. Good for him.

I'm sorry but is Ben now just tweeting to keep himself relevant? He's played less than 40 games in 2 seasons.

On his day he was a good player for us but it seems that he wants to leave so he might be best served piping down and finding a club that wants a crocked full back

I'm lookig forward to collecting a tenner soon from a good mate (also on SZ) who bet me (a couple of seasons ago) that Coker would play higher.Doubt if he'll get another contract offer from us and think he'll have to drop to L2 (at least ) to get a deal.

Ben has the right to say what he wants and I'm pleased he's putting his name to it unlike many on social media.

Everyone else has the right to be offended by it.

Personally, I can't work out why they would be, why not defend his mate.

No idea why players put themselves through it on social media, surely easier just to not be on it. Utter helmets everywhere you look on there.

I'm lookig forward to collecting a tenner soon from a good mate (also on SZ) who bet me (a couple of seasons ago) that Coker would play higher.Doubt if he'll get another contract offer from us and think he'll have to drop to L2 (at least ) to get a deal.
personally I don’t get any enjoyment out of seeing our side or our players not fulfill their dreams, but each to their own

Back