• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC cuts to website...

pickledseal

cowboy
Tried to see if this was already on here (but didn't spot) and could go in any forum....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12265173

The BBC is to cut about 200 websites as it reduces the amount of money it spends on its online output.

The changes, which will see BBC Online's budget cut by £34m, will also result in the loss of up to 360 posts over the next two years.

Among the sites to close include teen services Switch and Blast and community site 606.

The plans are part of the BBC's cost-cutting measures to make 20% savings as a result of the licence fee settlement.

Is this the footy chat boards?

Yer, sure is. I wonder if this is an underhand way of getting more ShrimperZone members?

Cooooo......I can imagine a few very upset 606ers! Does this mean that we get more Col Ewe wind ups on here as well though? Paolo can go do one if he appears, my God, you lot think Spartan is bad!!!

Yep.

Was going to post something up about it earlier.

I'm more concerned about the way they are going to concentrate on their core coverage ie ditch everything that isn't Premier League football or Wimbledon.

I think they should be doing the opposite, increasing their coverage of lower league football, county cricket, athletics, cycling, boxing, rugby etc and cutting back on Phil McNulty.

I guess they are a bit outdated by at least 5 years in there style and upgrade would cost to update and maintain... So seems 'logical' to simply bin. Seems a shame but I can't really complain as I used to read but not post.

Back