• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BBC1..7.30pm tonight...Inside Out

Bielzibubz

President
Being aired tonight on BBC1 is a programme consisting, in part, of rare, not seen before footage of Southend on Sea during the 1940's and 50's.

Some of the historic footage features Southend United playing an FA Cup tie against Blackpool in the 1950's with the Shrimpers taking on the talents of Stanley Mathews.

This was taken from today's Echo but checking the TV listings for tonight there is no mention of it. I've checked the BBC website and again, no mention of it.

Something doesn't add up!........would be nice to see though.

I saw some on the BBC look East news the other night... they found some old Film from the 1940 to the 60s of life in Southend at the Time in an old shop they where doing up in town... The photographic was the son of the Old Kursal owner i think... and was on the board of Southend United FC and Loved everthing to do with Southend on Sea... The clips I have seen where amazing See Southend playing at the old Grayhound Stadium and even as far back to the old Kusael ground.....

A must for any Southend United Fan or fan of the town

Hopefully the Club or the Supporters club will make a DVD for us Fans to buy ??

One Team In Essex

SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Last edited:
This really ****es me off. Really don’t understand why anything southend related is put on BBC Look East. I know technically where are considered as part of East Anglia but who can pick up the dam thing?!? I live in Chalkwell and like my friends who live in leigh, westcliff and southend can only ever pick up either BBC London or the Meridian one.

So where do you live and what BBC region do you pick up with your terrestrial aerial?

This really ****es me off. Really don’t understand why anything southend related is put on BBC Look East. I know technically where are considered as part of East Anglia but who can pick up the dam thing?!? I live in Chalkwell and like my friends who live in leigh, westcliff and southend can only ever pick up either BBC London or the Meridian one.

So where do you live and what BBC region do you pick up with your terrestrial aerial?

In leigh and get can it :D

I get mine through my Sky Dish.... I turned in myself... cos i was ****ed of with the London news.. TBH

Seem to remember my dad can pick up about 6 different versions of ITV from his place near the Bell, but he has a souped up terrestrial aerial on his house.

I only caught the last 5 mins but it looked really interesting.They showed Roots Hall and the old Greyhound stadium.Did anyone see it / record it?

Yer saw it and sky +ed it. Quite good with the football footage from the old ground at Grainger Road, then the Blues being thrashed 4-0 at Blackpool with a certain Stanley Matthews playing:)

Back