• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question be honest who else needs to go?

I'd possibly keep Egbri but the rest can go! We need players in their prime not at the end of their careers and preferably not loanees as well!

Central midfield is for me the place we need to strengthen the most. I do think Bridge could maybe do a job there though, he's one of the only creative players we have.

I'd possibly keep Egbri but the rest can go! We need players in their prime not at the end of their careers and preferably not loanees as well!
I dunno. In our position i think we need a good blend of youth and experience, creativity and steel, and 2 or 3 good loanees, think stan collymore, dan harding, hal robson kanu, etc.

Loanees can get you out of this league if they are the right ones. We just seem to only get turds these days.

I dunno. In our position i think we need a good blend of youth and experience, creativity and steel, and 2 or 3 good loanees, think stan collymore, dan harding, hal robson kanu, etc.

Loanees can get you out of this league if they are the right ones. We just seem to only get turds these days.
Thing is the amount of loaners we’ve had over the years that just don’t care! I agree if they’re the right ones it can work but how often do they fail?! Too many for my liking. Taylor Moore was a good one as well.

Thing is the amount of loaners we’ve had over the years that just don’t care! I agree if they’re the right ones it can work but how often do they fail?! Too many for my liking. Taylor Moore was a good one as well.
Totally, its only worth doing if they are head and shoulders above what you already have.

I’m amazed that people seem to think we can just clear out 95% of the squad. Most have contracts until at least the end of the year and it’s been said we are near the wages budget. The manager will need to work with the current squad, switch some loanees in and out and maybe sign a couple if Ron moves the budget up nearer to £1.5m

Totally agree the top 12 teams last year relied on an average of 7 loanees each. Many were outstanding and in the promoted teams

Why we are so poor at getting the same level of loanee talent in has always baffled me. Just a few good ones but the rest ? Recruitment seems to stagger along at all levels here Again Stans cook book on the line, if we sent a few back and got 3 more in, However what chances have Dennis or Kimpioka actually had so far.

Will the old boys in charge play themselves

I’m amazed that people seem to think we can just clear out 95% of the squad. Most have contracts until at least the end of the year and it’s been said we are near the wages budget. The manager will need to work with the current squad, switch some loanees in and out and maybe sign a couple if Ron moves the budget up nearer to £1.5m
We have to deal with reality. The new manager will largely need to get a tune out of what we have got. Yes a small number in and out. Clear outs are a summer activity.

We have to deal with reality. The new manager will largely need to get a tune out of what we have got. Yes a small number in and out. Clear outs are a summer activity.
Presumably with no transfer windows, if players know the new manager isnt going to feature them at all they could potentially be transferred elsewhere and have contracts cancelled by mutual consent?

Presumably with no transfer windows, if players know the new manager isnt going to feature them at all they could potentially be transferred elsewhere and have contracts cancelled by mutual consent?
Intra NL there is more scope yes

Stan Collymore was by no means ever a loanee for us. I believe we paid £150,000 for him.

Back