• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Best Indian restaurant in the SS area?

Tandoori Parlour is only good if you're dining a la carte these days, actually prefer the Maharajah. The Akash is it in Benfleet is also good.

Well my mates house overlooks the tandoori parlour and the things we have seen going on out the back of there mean i have never been since.

As for the Akash its a total dog.

I work in pest control and really have seen it all.

For what its worth I really liked the shagor when i lived in westcliff and used to go in the mugal dynasty or the shima when i lived in leigh, but now im down near tarpots think i'll give the rajpoot a crack next.

Nice but not hot enough, vindaloo was pretty weak and that was after asking 3 time to have it extra hot!!

Went to The Ruchi on Southchurch Road not long ago and had a banging Chicken Tandoori Vindaloo, one of the best currie's I've had in ages!

I read that wrong the first time and I thought ":nope:".

Rajpoot is really weird, I stood outside talking to a mate and nearly got dragged in for a curry. Was like Brick Lane but even more shouty!

Maharaja is a pile of over rated nice-decor-shame-about-the-food crap

Tandoori Nights is great, never had a bad thing to say about the place and they always are saying "try this dish" etc a dishing out freebies here and there.

Anika is just a mentalist showdown, like being in a Pontins just a little more lower working class and very lad and ladette.

Last edited:
Gulshan is quality, as is the one at the Bell, on Rochford Road. It's a BYO Booze though.

As mentioned before - Shagor and Gulshan are quality ones. I also used to live round the corner from Tandoori Nights on London Road in Leigh and that's the cracking little curry house.

Believe me you're spoiled for choice there though. You have to travel a distance to get a curry on a par with what I'm used to in England over here...they do exist but you have to do your research to find them.

The one on Leigh Broadway (the name escapes me but they were in trouble for having hidden cameras in the womens toilets) is pretty good too.

This would be the Shima. Its very good.

Indian Valley is pretty good too, although the portion sizes are a little on the small(er) side. This closed down for a few years following a fire, but it was excellent before it shut, and is as good since it re-opened a year or so ago.

Also, try the Rucchi in Southchurch as mentioned and the Shagor in Hamlet Court Road.

Back