• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best place to sit at Roots Hall

Dutchy18

Hiya,

I'm from Holland and I planned to come over for the Leeds game on the 17th of March. Because I like a bit of a sing song I'd like to know which area of the ground the best is for atmosphere?

Cheers

Hi Dutchy -

depends on who you are supporting - Leeds will be in the North stand -

If you are a Dutch Shrimper you are very welcome anywhere else -
best view in the East and perhaps a bit closer to the real SUFC support in the West - South Upper is lively as well.

Hope you enjoy the game and get to admire the goal getting skills of Freddy Eastwood.

Best view is the South Upper, IMO. Atmosphere-wise..., well who knows these days? Probably West.

Best place to sit

Goode Middag !

That last reply wasn't exactly helpful or totally true. The crowd have been pretty nervous of late and so its been hard work getting everyone going but on a good day the whole ground can be rocking .

The main nucleus for noise is at the north end of the West stand - not sure how good a view you will get.Or try near the centre of the South Stand Upper if you can get a ticket (watch out for restricted view) . even the East stand (best view) gets pretty noisy thesedays when they feel like it .The club ticket office should know and be able to help you.

Suggest you don't go in the away end with the 'Leeds Scum' as the Sheffield Wednesday fans so politely called them yesterday.

Beste

Was referring to rayleigh boy's response - not Beefy's which was filed while I was doing mine

Got it wrong again !!!!!!!!!!!!! meant reply by Hutton ---sorry Rayleigh boy

Hiya,

I'm from Holland and I planned to come over for the Leeds game on the 17th of March. Because I like a bit of a sing song I'd like to know which area of the ground the best is for atmosphere?

Cheers

West stand, as close to the away fans as possible (basically the North-West as already stated) anywhere else will resemble a library. Good game to pick, im sure they’ll be loadsa banter with the Leeds fans and with both teams needing those points so badly you never know…. dare I say it…. there might even be an atmosphere!

block X is good for chanting, not the best for view though but its close to the away fans and a lot of chants start off there

South Upper is really loud when you are sitting in it with good banter as well but sitting in other parts of the ground it doesn't seem so loud ,as the acoustics in the South are terrible .

South Upper is really loud when you are sitting in it with good banter as well but sitting in other parts of the ground it doesn't seem so loud ,as the acoustics in the South are terrible .

True , but we do know that Tilly and co can hear us by the half way line

not true and bit harsh!

Harsh? Maybe. Untrue? No.

I was sitting in X Block for the Palace game and there was practically no noise, even when we were attacking. It's been the same for most games I've seen at the Hall this season - I remember Cardiff being similarly silent.

However we are not helped by the awful acoustics. Often the East or South Upper are clapping their hands, yet no noise travels round to the west. At the QPR game I was sitting in the north-west corner, yet the atomosphere - which was said to be good elsewhere - was muted.

Last edited:
Harsh? Maybe. Untrue? No.

I was sitting in X Block for the Palace game and there was practically no noise, even when we were attacking. It's been the same for most games I've seen at the Hall this season - I remember Cardiff being similarly silent.

However we are not helped by the awful acoustics. Often the East or South Upper are clapping their hands, yet no noise travels round to the west. At the QPR game I was sitting in the north-west corner, yet the atomosphere - which was said to be good elsewhere - was muted.

...or maybe it's just your hearing...?! OK, so the palace game wasn't maybe the best example of fantastic atmosphere, but even so when I entered the ground about 20 minutes into the game (the result of a horrific five-hour journey from home :mad: ) the support and the noise coming from the West Stand raised the hairs on the back of my neck. And when we were attacking, yes, there was lots of noise, until the goal of course, then admittedly things became more muted as the frustration set in.

As for the East and the South Upper, they do more than just clap, they sing and make a noise, which you can hear from the West. For me, there's no finer sound than three sides of the Hall uniting in support...

:)

...or maybe it's just your hearing...?! OK, so the palace game wasn't maybe the best example of fantastic atmosphere, but even so when I entered the ground about 20 minutes into the game (the result of a horrific five-hour journey from home :mad: ) the support and the noise coming from the West Stand raised the hairs on the back of my neck. And when we were attacking, yes, there was lots of noise, until the goal of course, then admittedly things became more muted as the frustration set in.

Personally I didn't think it was that great but hey, I'm getting old so as you say it may well be my hearing that's going!!! ;)

As for the East and the South Upper, they do more than just clap, they sing and make a noise, which you can hear from the West. For me, there's no finer sound than three sides of the Hall uniting in support...

:)

Aha, I think I may have put that clumsily. I didn't mean that the East and South didn't sing to go along with the clapping, just that the noise doesn't carry very well...

Can't dispute the last statement, though. The noise in the last 20 minutes against Norwich was as loud and intense as you'll hear in any football ground, and there is indeed no finer noise! :D

How is this thread still going on????????????

This Dutch bloke hasn't come back with a thanks though probably down to the fact we argue amongst ourselves as to which stand is best.

East stand for me though. lol:D

Back