• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Crown vs Wigan in the late 80s, picked up the ball on the half way line beat 4 or 5 and smashed it in top corner in front of the North Bank. That goal has never left my memory, still say one of the best I have ever seen and in doing so Crowny became and remains one my all time favourite Sufc players

I remember that goal too. Forgot the detail on it though, so thanks. Crown - often forgotten when we talk about legends, but his ability to beat players was awesome.

Seem to remember a Spud Taylor mazey run and goal from out wide that brought the house down.

Stan at home to Bristol Rovers, picked up the ball on the half way line with his back to goal, and a defender right behind him. Turned the defender, beat another couple and smacked it in the top corner from about 25 yards.

Typical Stanley goal really :Worthy:

... Man that was a great goal and in a must win match, as well!

Stan was brilliant but I am sure I remember him scoring an even better goal against Millwall at The Hall where he beat Rhino Stevens so easily he waited for him to catch up and beat him again before going on to score.

I looked for that on YouTube and couldn't find it. However, I also remember him running the whole length of the Millwall half only to put the shot wide. Not sure if one of us is wrong, or if we're talking about different occasions.

... I think this was one of those games ITV broadcast live, IIRC.

Peter Daley's goal vs Col U in 89-90. Great solo effort that effectively sent them down and kept our promotion hope alive. Also was my first ever away game.....

Don't remember Daley doing anything else of note with us but will always remember that goal

The one that sticks out for me is Eastwood against Oxford (I think) at Roots Hall during his first spell. Beat about three defenders, sold them a couple of dummys and then produced a brilliant finish to stick it away. Was a top class goal and I think it was at that point I realised he was really something special.

The video used to be on YouTube as it was in Scott's Freddy Eastwood tribute, but think he's taken it down!

If it's the same one that I'm thinking of, it was against Blackpool and he put Peter Clark on his arse.
Also for me, and I can't remember the game but it was Stuart Brace in front of the North Bank.

Eastwood against Blackpool at home when he ran all the way across the box and then fired in back in the opposite corner.

Eastwood's second against Swansea at the Liberty to send us up was so good it had half the home fans applauding.

Will always remember this goal, quite surprised that no-one has mentioned it yet! (video links below)

[video]https://youtu.be/dbO4_4DdtYs?t=384[/video] (6 mins 25 secs in)

[video]https://youtu.be/0PMesOBEiLs?t=294[/video] (4 mins 54 secs in)

Last edited:
I wish I remember who it was against, but about 5-6 years ago The Moose rounded what seemed to be 481 players and smashed it in from outside the box in front of the South Stand. It was a bloody peach.

If it's the same one that I'm thinking of, it was against Blackpool and he put Peter Clark on his arse.
Also for me, and I can't remember the game but it was Stuart Brace in front of the North Bank.

Eastwood against Blackpool at home when he ran all the way across the box and then fired in back in the opposite corner.

That's the one I posted page 1 #12

You should have mentioned it then rather than just posting a link. Are you Barna in disguise:thump:

How about Paul Byrne v Judas Iscariot's mob?

He must have beaten the full-back half a dozen times, tying him up in knots in the process, before shutting up that fat ****er.

Back