• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Southend XI ever - Right Midfield

I never had the privelege of seeing him play competitively, but I'd imagine that Peter Taylor would have to be a serious candidate.

Only one Andy Ansah... Although, given the premise of completing the best ever Southend XI and reserving the Centre Forward spots for the likes of Eastwood and Best, Collymore could be a good shout with his pace.

Only one Andy Ansah... Although, given the premise of completing the best ever Southend XI and reserving the Centre Forward spots for the likes of Eastwood and Best, Collymore could be a good shout with his pace.

Like your thinking but Stan The Man will have to fight it out with the other forwards in his position.

Mike Marsh for me, i know he could play anywhere in mid field, but right side seems ok.

Wouldnt P Taylor be left hand side, suppose he can play right right side if he wants.

My understanding is that he was a left footed player who operated on the right, a la Waddle or Messi. Certainly in every piece of footage I've seen of him he's been cutting inside from there, and I saw him play right wing in a friendly - I've a feeling it might have been Frankie Banks' testimonial. Have I got it wrong?

Not sure what formation we are picking for - but John McKinvon as a winger/ wide midfield

I thought Spud was on the left wing, could be wrong - but I'm sure he wore the no.11 shirt which is traditionally (well, it was then) the left wing. Wasn't here long but Terry Nicholl, brother of big Chris and cousin to Jimmy - part of Dave Smith's new regime and a very smooth crosser of the ball from the byeline.

Not sure what formation we are picking for - but John McKinvon as a winger/ wide midfield
Johnny McKinven great player, but def left winger,but again suppose he can play on the right if he wants.

Back