• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
With 3 hopefully 4 games left in the season,I wondered what you think is the most standout performance not from the team but from an individual.Lat season most on here seemed to single out Paul Smith for his goalkeeping display versus Brentford in the JPT.I cannot vote because of the diastance im away from there i dont get to see my beloved SUFC, but many on here sand Lozas praises against Oxford,what others are there.

Loza was superb against Oxford, a shame he never really kicked on from there.

Ryan Leonard bossed the entire game against Portsmouth on NYD. That was a complete performance in my opinion. Worldie of a winning goal too!

Well, Gomes' home debut certainly stands out in my mind... But on the positive side, Prosser had a few in his headband, and Strakes in that game where he did his trick on the fullback...

Personlly I thought the Straker & Coker combo vs Millwall was a delight - there have been quite a few others though.

Simon Francis at Ipswich away in the championship was one of the best attacking full back displays the world has ever seen.

Loza was superb against Oxford, a shame he never really kicked on from there.

Ryan Leonard bossed the entire game against Portsmouth on NYD. That was a complete performance in my opinion. Worldie of a winning goal too!

I agree , but would also add Leonard v Chesterfield.
Considering where they were then and indeed are now , he ( and the whole team ) dominated them from start to finish.
That game sticks in my memory this season more than any other and remember talking to some Chesterfield fans after who said we were by far the best team they had faced all season and far too strong for them.
Think we went on our shocking run just after....................

Pompey away....Atkinson. We went down to ten men and he just went into crazy overdrive. Tackling anything that moved, obscene work rate and scored too....inspirational

Loza's Oxford aside I cant really think of any, and I think thats a reflection on how the team is really a good team unit without any real stand out superstars.

Leonard versus Portsmouth on NYD for me too. Superb all round display.

Barry Corr every game he has played this season. Especially the one where he headed the defender and sco... Sent off.:sad:

Leonard against Portsmouth from the 9/10 games I've seen this season. Not just the 2 good goals but one of those performances when the player just seems everywhere on the pitch.

Loza against Oxford was an amazing performance, its a shame he played a lot worse in the following games, also Leonard on NYD was very good, with the two goals, a star was born that day. But the best 30 seconds of the season has to go to Straker against Morecombe in the FA cup, when he beat 3 men on the wing and passed to Hurst who scored.

Smith v Brentford was THE best individual performance I have ever seen from anyone at any level. I've only ever seen the officials influence an outcome of the game to such a degree before.

This season I would say that Egan bossed Rochdale (admittedly looking a lot more comfortable after Hogan went off). Loza against Oxford (H) goes hand in hand with Laird against Pompey (A) despite only being a substitute appearance. Prosser v Oxford (A) also gets a mention. They were top of the league at the time and he scored and kept a clean sheet away from home.

For some reason, I particularly remember Coker's performance against Mansfield at home earlier this season... completely bossed the left side and was very confident going forward. Leonard vs Pompey (H) was also a quality showing.

Loza against Oxford was an amazing performance, its a shame he played a lot worse in the following games, also Leonard on NYD was very good, with the two goals, a star was born that day. But the best 30 seconds of the season has to go to Straker against Morecombe in the FA cup, when he beat 3 men on the wing and passed to Hurst who scored.
Judging from the highlights and the match reports and listening on the radio straker was awesome that day. I think that maybe if that had been a home game we would be raving about it ad much as the loza debut

Back