• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best TV Show Everrrrrr

Yeah I tend to agree. I found the seasons to be badly paced, with the storylines and plots jumping randomly but then with a lot of mindless wandering. Supporting characters are built up to be one dimensional, and then killed off for little reason. The main characters (Tyrion, Jon Snow, Cersei, Dany) have a little bit more interest but even they seem to be drifting around. You can tell it's a TV interpretation of a book without an end.

The show boarders on nihilism, but when it does work there have been some fantastic moments. I've lot a lot of dark TV but the Red Wedding remains genuinely shocking, which in some ways is impressive for a big budget and major mainstream TV show.

Yeah, that's probably a fair comment. Must be difficult to divide time between characters/story arcs appropriately with no idea what that mad author's got in mind for the next installment.

This.

Not having Breaking Bad as one of the all-time greats. It's good, but not of the calibre of the above four mentioned.

Anyone that mentions Game of Thrones in this category needs to GTFO.

If GTFO do mean what I think it do mean then I'm doing it now.............you just can't leave Thrones out, come-on!!!!!

And while I'm at it I'm including the entire Sharpe series, yeah!!

Last edited:
Seinfeld.
The Sopranos.

Seinfeld was and still is brilliantly funny.
Arse fell out of the Sopranos about half way through the 3rd series IMO - up to that point I thought it some of the best TV I've ever watched.
Not the best ever but The Returned was addictive watching as are a number of the Scandinavian political/police drama's of late.

Another of Pubey's slightly over the top "best/worst everrrrrr" threads. :facepalm:

As with most things it's entirely subjective, my taste in TV differs hugely to the majority of you and I can't say that very much of any of those mentioned come even close to my "best everrrrrr".

For longevity, and the fact I can watch them over and over and over again, Friends, Minder, dinnerladies and Doctor Who. Then again, as has been proved many times before, I watch TV to be entertained not for deep intellectual reasons.

Another of Pubey's slightly over the top "best/worst everrrrrr" threads. :facepalm:

As with most things it's entirely subjective, my taste in TV differs hugely to the majority of you and I can't say that very much of any of those mentioned come even close to my "best everrrrrr".

For longevity, and the fact I can watch them over and over and over again, Friends, Minder, dinnerladies and Doctor Who. Then again, as has been proved many times before, I watch TV to be entertained not for deep intellectual reasons.
Why don't you contribute in a positive way, rather than criticise those who are starting threads and discussions?

Nothing wrong with watching entertainment TV which doesn't require your brain. I switch off by watching emmerdale. I'm also pleased The Island has returned. There's a place for trashy TV.

In my opinion:
Prison Break
The Mentalist
Dexter
Spartacus

Are all up their as my favourite/best I've watched.

Breaking Bad was good but I found it frustrating as it never really got going in any of the seasons. So much potential with very little end product, bit like watching Southend at times!

Haven't watched the wire but will get round to it on my next tour of the Falklands no doubt. Also heard good things about Luther.

Many people, including myself, found Blake's Seven, hugely addictive at the time. I suspect it hasn't aged very well though.

Many people, including myself, found Blake's Seven, hugely addictive at the time. I suspect it hasn't aged very well though.

I found it hugely addicted because of Jacqueline Pearce aka Supreme Commander Servalan. Some of those uniforms she wore were on a par with 7 of 9 in Star Trek: Voyager.

Forgot to mention Strike Back, not the first season but everyone after that were brilliant! Can't wait for the new season to start.

The Shield was another great series I would put up there in my favourites.

Back