• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best TV Show Everrrrrr

Why don't you contribute in a positive way, rather than criticise those who are starting threads and discussions?

Nothing wrong with watching entertainment TV which doesn't require your brain. I switch off by watching emmerdale. I'm also pleased The Island has returned. There's a place for trashy TV.

Strange how you don't like it when it's done to you but you're quite happy to dish it out to others!

I'm not sure I'd class any of those I mentioned as "trashy" tv, that's more your TOWIEs and your Geordie Shore type! As for more factual programmes, I regularly enjoy the "Who do you think you are" series, although preferred it some years back when they researched the whole family tree rather than concentrating on individuals as seems to be done now.

Another of Pubey's slightly over the top "best/worst everrrrrr" threads. :facepalm:

As with most things it's entirely subjective, my taste in TV differs hugely to the majority of you and I can't say that very much of any of those mentioned come even close to my "best everrrrrr".

For longevity, and the fact I can watch them over and over and over again, Friends, Minder, dinnerladies and Doctor Who. Then again, as has been proved many times before, I watch TV to be entertained not for deep intellectual reasons.
I agree with Friends, has stood the test of time. I can re watch the same episodes over and over and it never gets boring for me.

24 by a country mile.

The Wire is great TV and I'm working my way through GOT at the moment and it is as good as people said that it was. I went in with low expectations.

I agree with Friends, has stood the test of time. I can re watch the same episodes over and over and it never gets boring for me.

Friends is very easy to underestimate. It is a masterclass in how to write a successful sitcom. Seinfeld obviously has more depth and I appreciate it more in a certain way but Friends is still the easier show to dip into.

The Wire was my favourite until about 3 seasons into GOT when that took over for me. The Wire took me a good 6 episodes to get into and I can understand MK struggling to get into it. The slow start really does establish the characters which is invaluable to the show as a whole, I really don’t think you’ll regret giving it a few hours of your life because I think if you do you’ll be hooked.

Obviously it’s all about opinion, for me friends is the worst, most overrated tripe I’ve ever seen, I truly despise it! I did absolutely love Dream Team though so will allow everyone their guilty pleasures.

Surely Friends was a soap not a sitcom?

A soapy sitcom maybe?

There always was a lot of (unwarranted) hate towards Friends by the cool crowd back in the day, but it was regularly belly-achingly funny and the absolute height of those actors careers.

No love for Lost? Currently re-watching the anthology for the 5th time.
The X-Files is another favourite of mine.

Lost went on far to long and ended with a massive slap in the face to those who stuck with it.
X-Files again, went on too long, and when either Mulder and/or Scully wasn't in it, it was pretty awful.

Band of Brothers best thing Ive seen on TV

Walking Dead my current favourite, although Game of Thrones comes close. Family Guy was excellent but has been running too long now.

I also loved ER...best hospital drama by a country mile (though I also did love St. Elsewhere). It may have been a bit soapy and tug on the ol' heartstrings, but Doctor John Carter is an all time telly hero.

Band of Brothers best thing Ive seen on TV

Walking Dead my current favourite, although Game of Thrones comes close. Family Guy was excellent but has been running too long now.
Good shout, only watched it once when it came out (was it 2000 ish?) and loved it. It's one I should re-watch really.

I've got it on BluRay. Bought it years ago and never watched it even thought I've heard it is amazing.

I'm about to start S4 of Game of Thrones and am half way through Better Call Saul & House of Cards S3. Plus working my way back through The X Files for about the fifth time. Hopefully I can make some room for Band of Brothers at some point.

I've just finished season 4 of Game of Thrones - I was slightly disappointed after season 1, but I think it's got better and better season after season and can't wait for season 5 now.

Back