• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The very idea of Wigan being a glamour game is hilarious for those who remember when they used to get gates of 1,500 in Division 4 in the mid-1990s!

My mate, a Southport fan, considers them their main rivals because they were elected into the Football League in their place back in the late 1970s.

I remember visiting Wigan a few years ago - a crappy ground, low crowd and rubbish game - we had a player called Whyte I think (very similar to our current Williams). 4th division stuff ...... until a rich "investor" comes along .....

Will be in West stand first time for ages. 20 year old son wants more atmosphere (we normally go South Upper!) can't quite face Cell block W, so settled for on the edge of V.

Looking at the online seat thing I would say probably about 5,250 home tickets sold so far.
We have not played Wigan for 17 years so they should bring a fair few maybe 450 to 500.
So the crowd should at least be over the 6,500 mark.

I would be happy to get 30 pts before we played Col Ewes on Boxing Day at the start of the season, now we have. I can go to the next 5 games without any stress at the thought of being close to bottom 4, let Col Ewes have it :hilarious:

Can't believe people are still going to the football when the Murray brothers are on tele.

I heard on the grapevine a few months back that Wigan were making this one of their 'days out of the season' - anyone aware how many tickets they have shifted ?

I can't make the game on Saturday :'( Relatives are coming to stay for the weekend despite my desperate attempt to get them to come next weekend when we don't have a game :thumbdown:

All that said, we need to play the (current) team, not their (previous) reputation. They're only 3 points better off than us this season, and we're at home.

Agreed with this.

Seen it time and time before. reputation means absolutely nothing in football.

Your be lucky to get 500 from Wigan they didn't take many away when in the prem I think one game at Tottenham they had 36 away fans!!

Sadly stuffed and cant go now despite being in the diary. Could only get Matinee tickets to attend the musical ! Desperate Measures" ( based on Measure for Measure ) Featured on BBC news , Metro, Evening Standard etc, with rave reviews and written and directed by my Brother in Law. Not a plug as finishes tomorrow and no tickets left, I just hope I can persuade him to extend the interlude to 90 minutes??

Over 8,000 would be excellent (and a welcome boost to the club especially if it is a good game). What do you base this estimate on?

Wild speculation !
In all fairness it is one of the more attractive home games for the fair weather lady or gent (and yes I remember the 2 bob crowds wigan used to get before the money appeared) so this should add another 500 on the gate. We are doing well and should be choking at the bit to get out there after hitting 5 the other night. The web site is saying on course for 7000 but I don't know if that is taking away fans into account or not. If not, then yeah, 8000 very doable even if wigan turn up with perhaps half the army I was predicting :blush:

Back