• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Biggest game of the season so far

Wessex Blue

Manager
Saturday is the biggest game of the season so far, is this match going to be a sellout or has apathy set in amongst our floating support to the extent that they'd rather stay at home and watch it on sky after the cup final?

I'm getting vibes off some of the other threads that give me the impression that it's going to be a sub 10,000 crowd. I can't believe this could be the case, especially after the progress we've made in the last 18 months under Tilly.

we need a full house on Saturday to roar the boys on to victory.

I think the TV coverage will have a big effect, I dont expect as big as a crowd as Yeovil.

Having it an hour after the FAC cup finishes is yet another reason for people to stay at home and watch it.

Hope Im wrong as this is a bigger game than Yeovil now.

As much as I hate to admit it, but I fear you both my be right. Yesterday it seemed as though thre spark had gone out of the crowd, and I know that kick off time had a lot to do with that, but the buzz seemed to have dissapeared a little bit.

It may have just been nerves etc, but I think selling out next Saturday is a bit unrealistic. Its a shame, but with SKY deciding when games kick off, and both of ours being at absurd kick off times, I think a more realistic gate will be in the region of 8-9000.

Northampton couldnt sell all there tickets yesterday, and they only had about 8000 to fill!!

It is the biggest game of our season so far, but after the excitement of the LDV final and the promotion run in, it still feels little bit like 'after the Lord Mayors Show'.

Having said all that, its up to those of us there to make the Hall rock and cheer the boys back to Cardiff!

I'm optimistic for a good crowd on Saturday - the queue was healthy when tickets went on general sale and I've just had a look at seatbooker.net and a few blocks are nearly full.

Another thing that may affect the crowd is a lot of people may have made prior plans for the weekend, thinking that the season would be over by now.

I still reckon we're looking at 10,000 odd though (not that I'll be one of them as I'm working Saturday, so it's the boozer for me again....)

6600ish.

I think having looked at Seatbooker that we'll beat that but it won't be as high as for the Yoevil game.

How many tickets have we given Northampton? Hopefuly the minimum amount.

I've just run out of money, simple as that. Funny how I've been breaking my balls to get to some obscure games this season yet when, probably, the biggest game of the season comes around, I'm reasonably apathetic. All day session pencilled in down at the pub again for Saturday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I've just run out of money, simple as that. Funny how I've been breaking my balls to get to some obscure games this season yet when, probably, the biggest game of the season comes around, I'm reasonably apathetic. All day session pencilled in down at the pub again for Saturday
Saying that though I dont think none of us financialy planned for a LDV run, promotion push and now play offs!

Back