• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Biggest Pub Quiz win

Can't come close to that sum, but a group of us were banned from using the quiz machine in the Tower Bridge Pub after taking 2 lots of 50 quid out of it in two days.

Me and an ex came last and one two bottle of alco-pops?

And I was an Egghead. The shame.

The Sarah moore in Leigh has held Sunday quizes for good few years, one of the blokes who used to run it did an individual bonus game at the end, a quid a ticket.
Draw a ticket and the ticket holder gets one question (away from the team so no conferring) Get it right you won the pot, if wrong another ticket was drawn, this time for 50% of the pot with the other half carried forward, this was repeated if the answer was inorrect and then the whole lot carried forward to the next week

I won 170 odd quid one week

£90 at a student quiz with a roll-over.

My brother won an XBOX360.

The Sarah moore in Leigh has held Sunday quizes for good few years, one of the blokes who used to run it did an individual bonus game at the end, a quid a ticket.
Draw a ticket and the ticket holder gets one question (away from the team so no conferring) Get it right you won the pot, if wrong another ticket was drawn, this time for 50% of the pot with the other half carried forward, this was repeated if the answer was inorrect and then the whole lot carried forward to the next week

I won 170 odd quid one week

we used to do that quiz regularly, we only won once though

we used to do that quiz regularly, we only won once though

We only won the main quiz once, picked up several of the "bonus" prizes though

The bloke from Shoebury who won some money on "Millionaire" used to do the quiz too, sometimes with a mate but often on his own.

One of our team was the paramedic who was called when he died

We only won the main quiz once, picked up several of the "bonus" prizes though

The bloke from Shoebury who won some money on "Millionaire" used to do the quiz too, sometimes with a mate but often on his own.

One of our team was the paramedic who was called when he died

Sweaty Colin.

I often used to bump into him on the local pub quiz scene and if I remember clearly he used to do quizes at:

The Rose Inn - Wakering.
The Parsons Barn - Shoebury
The Lodge - Rayleigh
The White Horse - Southchurch.
The **** Inn - Rochford.

Back