• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hmm .. well if it was on SZ it must be true :smile: .. surely a "heat of a moment" outburst .. pretty unprofessional if not

Maybe, but that's my point. Is the reason we're not seeing Bilel play at the back down to Barker?

Maybe, but that's my point. Is the reason we're not seeing Bilel play at the back down to Barker?

I think the reason we're not seeing him at the back is that Sturrock doesn't trust him in that position not to have a lapse in concentration/conceed a silly foul/get sent off.

Which is probably also Barker's issue.

I think the reason we're not seeing him at the back is that Sturrock doesn't trust him in that position not to have a lapse in concentration/conceed a silly foul/get sent off.

Which is probably also Barker's issue.

Yeah thats my take on it ... PS is too experienced and long in the tooth for it to be any other way (i hope !!!)

Put him at left-back. Sorted.
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

i think Moshni is the scapegoat and saviour of our team depending on whether he played/started the previous game or not.

If he comes on as a sub and scores twice as he did against Northampton then he's a hero and should start the next game in most fans eyes. If he starts a game and loses his temper and gets sent off then we should get rid and he should rot in the reserves for months on end. Do you get my point?

For me I think Sturrock is getting it just about right at the moment with Moshni. He'd play him every week if he wasn't a walking red card but the fact of the matter is the guy has a discipline problem and the odd goal here and there don't take away from the fact we could leave us with 10 men for the majority of a game where we really need a result.

I also think the reason we're up the right end of the league at the moment is we've had a reasonably settled back 4 for most of the season with Clohessy Barker Phillips and Gilbert playing most weeks. Although Chris Barker hasn't been as solid as last season I'd bet that Mark Phillips would prefer playing with him as he can predict (within reason) where Barker is going to position himself during certain defensive situations whereas Moshni can get caught up the pitch chasing the ball.

I love Moshni as much as the next fan but until he can prove that he can control his temper then he has to be used sparingly in my eyes.

barker cant stand him and has basically said i can not play with him, sturrock is being weak and pandering to his likes

i asked my mate who knows barker and he says this isnt true and barker and blair are two people bilel gets on well with.

Good old Bilel , come on for 20 minutes and get us 1 or 2 goals to win matches.
The guy must wonder what he has to do ??

Not get sent off when he starts? You've kind of answered your own question with the first sentence: he's more effective coming off the bench for 20/30 minutes. How many times has he won us the game when he's started this season? I think Bilel's best used as a super sub at the moment, until he can be trusted to last 90 minutes without losing his temper. And I certainly see him as an attacker now, not a defender.

No one's mentioned Prosser. Couldn't he have played instead of Phillips? When we signed Baldwin I'm sure most people expected him to start if Phillips wasn't fit. Now that he had a bad debut (I wasn't there last night but from what people have said) everyone's questioning it. Typical football fans. People say he's not played first team football for ages, well he's got to start at some point! We're not in a reserve league so the only way he's going to get match fitness is by playing in the first-team.

I think one of Mohsni's best features is his unpredictability. That said it's not the sort of quality I look for in a centre half!

I'm half tempted to suggest a change in formation. It wouldn't suit the purists, but a front 3 of Dickinson, Mohsni, Hall, and we'd batter our way past most teams in this league! We'd also be more solid in the middle - Grant, Kalala, Timlin. Could Martin do a job at left back?

I await a verbal execution.

Not get sent off when he starts? You've kind of answered your own question with the first sentence: he's more effective coming off the bench for 20/30 minutes. How many times has he won us the game when he's started this season? I think Bilel's best used as a super sub at the moment, until he can be trusted to last 90 minutes without losing his temper. And I certainly see him as an attacker now, not a defender.
/QUOTE]
Of course there is the chance of him being sent off etc , but if they don't trust him then why not get rid of him ?
He won't stay if he's not playing regularly , and then we'll get a massive 'why did we let him go' thread.
As I admitted , he is a risk , but we need to try something now or watch the season fall to pieces.
The defence has been good for the first half of the season , but Barker has lost form , fitness and confidence all at the same time and Gilbert ........ ( not even going there ).
I know who I would rather pay my money to watch.

I think one of Mohsni's best features is his unpredictability. That said it's not the sort of quality I look for in a centre half!

I'm half tempted to suggest a change in formation. It wouldn't suit the purists, but a front 3 of Dickinson, Mohsni, Hall, and we'd batter our way past most teams in this league! We'd also be more solid in the middle - Grant, Kalala, Timlin. Could Martin do a job at left back?

Martin would be wasted there I think , but anyone will do....................

Hadn't thought of that. Putting him at LB and Mohsni at LM might sound ambitious but it could work. Very attacking I know, especially as Clohessey is an attacking minded full-back as well.

Some say Martin's attributes might be wasted, but Gilbert looks like he has very little confidence and hasn't been great this season.

Back