• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bilel Mohsni And Adam Bouzid

hindle_666

Manager
Anyone have any further news on whats happening to these guys...Surely theres something else holding this up that we are not aware of?
International clearance can't be the only factor because how many deals go through in the Premiership from other countries?work permits maybe?
I only really asked as i quite fancy Mohsni to score a few and his been priced at 40-1 & 50-1
(1st goal) in the games he was due to play in so far......however even the bookies have stopped pricing these 2 now?

Last edited:
Yes seems a long time in coming much like the embargo being lifted perhaps the letter got lost in the post like our season cards and refunds.....

Certain Bilel is going to one to get excited about from what weve seen pre season.

I was thinking this. If we had these two available Saturday, maybe the result might of been different. Bilel might of been a good match for there striker and two fresh players after extra time from the Tuesday would not of gone a miss.

I thought they were both available Saturday? Bilel was out there and I'm sure Bouzid was too (with him warming up)

EDIT: Ah, checking the teams, it appears not - but they were there warming up as part of the squad, probably just to be involved.

Same thing as is holding up Franny Laurent's move to Coventry. The French authorities have more players to give International Clearance to than they can cope with! There's nothing sinister in it, I'm quite sure of that.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but has the embargo been properly lifted yet or are we operating under that special dispensation thingy? If the embargo is technically still in place I would think that could easily be something to do with not getting international players registered? (I mean international in the foreign sense, not the playing sense..)

French FA have got a few other things on their plate at the moment I'd imagine...

And the Moroccan outfit appears to be ran by an elderly man using morse code to communicate.

As above, Mohsni has confirmed on his Facebook page that clearance has been received.

French FA have got a few other things on their plate at the moment I'd imagine...

And the Moroccan outfit appears to be ran by an elderly man using morse code to communicate.

Don't know if they are that advanced in Morocco. I reckon that elderly man has been on top of Mount Toubkal far the last week, sending signals with his flags. The only trouble is that no one has spotted him yet.

Don't know if they are that advanced in Morocco. I reckon that elderly man has been on top of Mount Toubkal far the last week, sending signals with his flags. The only trouble is that no one has spotted him yet.

I stand corrected..................someone has spotted him.....................the OS says that both Mohsni and Bouzid have got clearance.

I hear that clearance is now definitely through and both are available now. However, I also hear that Mohsni is considered a real find, but Bouzid has been signed to 'keep him company' as they know each other and speak same langauge etc. Bouzid seemingly has not impressed during training.

Fingers crossed it works out for both of them!

I hear that clearance is now definitely through and both are available now. However, I also hear that Mohsni is considered a real find, but Bouzid has been signed to 'keep him company' as they know each other and speak same langauge etc. Bouzid seemingly has not impressed during training.

Fingers crossed it works out for both of them!

a similar thing happened with tes bramble and that ginger bloke, wardley. I heard we were after wardley and tes came along as his mate.

I found this article which may add some light on the delay of clearance for Mohsni.

http://www.leparisien.fr/sainte-gen...nglais-de-bilel-mohsni-22-07-2010-1008656.php

Not going to attempt to translate it all but will give a few important points for those on here who see the article as double-dutch. He spent last season playing and making a big impression at sainte-Genéviève (CFA2 league) and then decided on a move up a division or two, to play for D'Aubervilliers (CFA league). He signed a provisional contract with them for this season and then, on the advice of his agent, decided on a move to England............a move of which he has always dreamed about (Wonder whether Southend United featured in that dream?!!!) Thus, until the papers were retrieved from D'Aubervilliers, he couldn't officially sign (play) for us.
The piece goes on to give a brief description of our club and our recent relegations. He is gob-smacked by our stadium, facilities and means which he would estimate to be the equivalent of a Second Division (Championship) side in France. We had over 600(!) spectators, just for a friendly, he says.............I assume that this is rather more than he was used to at his previous club! For the moment Bilel is being put up in a hotel, whilst he waits for the club to find him a flat. He joked about his <<Welcome to England>>..........an elbow above the eye at Dartford, which necessitated a bandage when he turned out against Derby County. It's tough here, players aren't afraid to get stuck in and are prepared to use any means in order to win. The pace of the game is far higher and for the first time in his career, he has suffered from cramps. You need to be physically very fit and if you play well you will be given a chance to shine. He needs to improve his skills in English but it is on the pitch that he looks to excel.

Back