• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo says today, that he definitely doesn't have any kind of fracture. But it could be ligament damage which is a more exotic way of saying a sprain.
I did it a few months back, was out for about 3 weeks, I had a grade 1 - 2 tear and I thought I was going to die but it sorted itself out quickly, footballers usually recover a bit quicker than your average Sunday league bloke though!
It looks a lot worse than it is a lot of the time aswell, my ankle looked like a massive joint of ham, so it's likely he wont be out for that long!

He only needs one Leg!

Ligament damage can be anything from a simple sprain to a serious tear requiring an operation and a month or two in plaster. I certainly wouldn't like to speculate on how long he will be out before the scan reveals the extent of the injury.

You might have been alright for about three weeks, but you're not a professional footballer exerting the kind of pressure on the joint that comes hand in hand with professional football. Ankle ligament injuries tend to rule footballers out for months rather than weeks, and it entirely depends on the severity of the tear.

Errmmm, not sure that I would recover quicker than Bilel, but yes it does depend on what grade tear he has, if he does in fact have a tear, he may not.

Ligament damage can be anything from a simple sprain to a serious tear requiring an operation and a month or two in plaster. I certainly wouldn't like to speculate on how long he will be out before the scan reveals the extent of the injury.

Indeed. It could be quite serious, or it could be relative quick and simple to recover from. Also early MRI's are often inconclusive due to the swelling so it might be a week or two before we get some robust information from the club.

Errmmm, not sure that I would recover quicker than Bilel, but yes it does depend on what grade tear he has, if he does in fact have a tear, he may not.

It's not about you recovering quicker than Bilel, it's about at what level of recovery is deemed acceptable. If you think of it in percentages, you might be able to walk on an injury when it is 60% recovered and run at 70%, but you won't be undergoing anywhere near the level of exertion that a professional footballer will, so it's generally acceptable to start exercise again. In an ideal world, a footballer won't be risked until he's at least 90% to prevent reoccurence, and it's those last few percentage points that take the longest.

Yep, I am aware on the different levels of ligament tearing.
What we can be happy about is that he hasn't broken anything.

A lot of the time injurys like this one seem a lot worse at the time because of the amount the ankle actually swells and bruises.

Here's hoping it wont be more than a month!

It's not about you recovering quicker than Bilel, it's about at what level of recovery is deemed acceptable. If you think of it in percentages, you might be able to walk on an injury when it is 60% recovered and run at 70%, but you won't be undergoing anywhere near the level of exertion that a professional footballer will, so it's generally acceptable to start exercise again. In an ideal world, a footballer won't be risked until he's at least 90% to prevent reoccurence, and it's those last few percentage points that take the longest.

Yep, I was training lightly after a week and a half which I was advised to do by the Physio at the hospital. That was a week after I thought I wouldn't be able to walk for a month.
I was on crutches for about 4 days until I could walk. I'm just expressing the fact that these type of injury's can seem A LOT worse within about 2 or 3 days.

As im now an expert *cough* on ankle ligament damage, i'd say a break can sometimes be better. I did mine 11 weeks ago and its still very delicate and cant walk properly on it and only this week have i been able to put a trainer on and walk with it on without too much grief.

If we're playing that game, I broke, dislocated and tore ligaments in my ankle. Took 6 months before I was happy to play footy again and it regularly sprained after that. The main problem I have with it now is I struggle when skiing, as it hates being in a ski boot. Think I might take up snowboarding as those boots look really comfy!

Ankles are really annoying, as ESB says it's not just how long it takes Mohsni to get back playing, but he'll need to be able to train and play regularly on it and he'll have the mental issue to overcome that it may feel a bit weak and he'll be worried about spraining it again.

I'll join the party, too... I know firsthand how agonisingly painful ankle breaks/ligament damage can be. Similarily to Pubey, I broke and tore ligaments in my ankle playing football and didn't play for nigh on two years, although that was mainly through fitness/confidence in the ankle.

That was years ago, and even now if I leave my ankle resting awkwardly, I'll feel pain in the joint.

I'll join the party, too... I know firsthand how agonisingly painful ankle breaks/ligament damage can be. Similarily to Pubey, I broke and tore ligaments in my ankle playing football and didn't play for nigh on two years, although that was mainly through fitness/confidence in the ankle.

That was years ago, and even now if I leave my ankle resting awkwardly, I'll feel pain in the joint.

I know it's not football but my wife tore ankle ligaments falling off a kerbstone 30 plus years ago. At the time she was a very good amateur ballroom dancer sadly she never managed to dance at that level again and to this day she still has pain in the ankle after a day hiking, most she can do is about 10 miles in the day if she wants to be able to walk without pain the following day.
Not suggesting that Bilel could be finished but ankle injuries should be treated with great respect, the ankle is a very complicated joint with much to go wrong.

did both my ankle ligaments some 18 years ago ans the pain was so bad i thought i had broken one of the ankles ans as for the bruising that never went for months, after resting them for a few months i was walking down the stairs in top man and when i got to the last three steps one of my ankles went again and i fell on the floor in front of about 6 birds, well embaressed as i tried to hide the pain, all in all it took about 16 months for them to heel and even now after games they still swell right up and give me pain two days after, walking on any uneven ground is a big ask after doing ankle ligaments.

The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse are a symbolic reference to Bilel Mohsni's limbs

Back