• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Birmingham have Harewood bid rejected - Eastwood related!!

palexander

Life President
The guy on the Birmingham message board over the weekend, said that Birmingham would be bidding for Harewood today (and many didnt seem to believe him).

Well, they have bid (and the figure the guy quoted) and West Ham have rejected it.

The article also mentions the Brum bid for Konchesky that the guy on the board also mentioned!

This is the guy that said Eastwood -> Birmingham for £2.75m + Loans (or inc) and that Sullivan is looking to buy us up!!

Interesting...

The guy on the Birmingham message board over
This is the guy that said Eastwood -> Birmingham for £2.75m + Loans (or inc) and that Sullivan is looking to buy us up!!

Interesting...

Sullivans Mansion is in Essex ( brentwood I think)..... And I did hear he was hoping to buy a Football club near to home a few years back... the hamsters where mentioned they where way over priced....

The the No1 Team in Essex maybe a nice attraction to him :-)

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Not sure Martin would want to sell or I'm not sure I'd want someone else to own the club either.

Daily Mirror (& BBC Gossip Column) today report that a foreign consortium are about to bid for Birmingham City, I wonder if this could also be SUFC related in an indirect way. E.g. Sullivan & Gold are out of Birmingham with deep pockets ready to invest in a more local team.

The Friday night rumours regarding this (although far-fetched from our perspective) seemed to come from a source within St Andrews. I guess it's a case of watch this space!

Last edited:
Colchester? :minger:

Sorry, face facts - dont think we can call ourselves the No.1 Team in Essex whilst in League 1!

Colchester WILL always be second to the mighty Southend.... Potentially we can be a Norwich or a ****wich town the carrot boys can only dream….. to be our size at this monent in time.......

ONE TEAM IN SUNNY ESSEX
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Colchester? :minger:

Sorry, face facts - dont think we can call ourselves the No.1 Team in Essex whilst in League 1!

As I said on April 6, form is temporary, class is permanent.
Unless they undergo some kind of Reading/Wigan-esque transformation & magic up another 15,000 people who look for their results then we will always be bigger than them!

I personally think Ron Martin is a revolutionary and would be gutted if he ever left the Blues....

After the Abortion of Previous owners I think Ron stands head and shoulders above all of them but he is a business man and Money talks these day's so never say never.

I would take the deal for Freddy, if that mean Birmingham can throw CJ Campbell as makeshift striker ...... I would snap this off their hand.

I would take the deal for Freddy, if that mean Birmingham can throw CJ Campbell as makeshift striker ...... I would snap this off their hand.

No, the (alleged) deal involves to quite young players - Oluko (sp) was one...

Both seemed quite highly thought of tho...

Whilst I am not doubting the Brum supporters knowledge at his club, I would be bl**dy amazed if a club started coming if with a bid of 2.75m plus a player , when so far the only concrete bid is 750k plus 250k !

That is not business sense, I would be bl**dy delighted if it were true, but does this seem likely to anyone else.

If you was buying a car or a house and you knew someone else had bid, would you bid over double !!!???

Sullivans Mansion is in Essex ( brentwood I think)..... And I did hear he was hoping to buy a Football club near to home a few years back... the hamsters where mentioned they where way over priced....

The the No1 Team in Essex maybe a nice attraction to him :-)

I thought he lived up on the hill in Benfleet in a tacky mansion.

We had a thread on Sullivan earlier this year when he first started making noises that he wanted out of Brum and into a more local team. Given our high profile in the last few years and the plans in place for Fossets SUFC could well be an attractive prospect for him.

Thing is would he be an attractive proposition for us??????

I'd prefer Ron Martin to stay in place but would he want to stay at the club indefinitely????

I'd be surprised if Birmingham are going to bid £2m for Harewood who scored 16 goals in the Premiership in 2005/06 but £2.75m for Eastwood, who has a year left on his contract and has told Southend he wants to move?

There has been no mention of a Blues Eastwood bid up here, only Norwich at present.

I'd be surprised if Birmingham are going to bid £2m for Harewood who scored 16 goals in the Premiership in 2005/06 but £2.75m for Eastwood, who has a year left on his contract and has told Southend he wants to move?

There has been no mention of a Blues Eastwood bid up here, only Norwich at present.

The rumour is that Harewood is known to be valued at around £4.5m, but Birmingham are owed about £2m for Matthew Upson from the Hammers, so it was going to off-set that (behind the scenes)...

Confused!?

I thought he lived up on the hill in Benfleet in a tacky mansion.

No that's Teddy Sheringham who is due to sign next week ..
:hilarious:

The rumour is that Harewood is known to be valued at around £4.5m, but Birmingham are owed about £2m for Matthew Upson from the Hammers, so it was going to off-set that (behind the scenes)...

Confused!?

I see. I still think £2.75m is a tad unrealistic. What is the going rate for a good Championship striker with twelve months left on his contract?

I see. I still think £2.75m is a tad unrealistic. What is the going rate for a good Championship striker with twelve months left on his contract?

Wasn't Dean Ashton in a similar position while at Crewe?

Luke Varney played 20 games in the Championship, has a inferior goals-game ratio than Eastwood and went for £2m...

Back