• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Birmingham have Harewood bid rejected - Eastwood related!!

If you was buying a car or a house and you knew someone else had bid, would you bid over double !!!???

It all depends what your own valuation of the player is.

He might want to come up with a deal Ron can't refuse. When you consider the wages, Birmingham will be paying shedloads per week to some of their overpaid players and will be able to snap Freddy up for a fraction. Freddy is young enough to develop and if Brum can sell him on again in 2 years or so for £5-6m then that's good business.

Wasn't Dean Ashton in a similar position while at Crewe?

Luke Varney played 20 games in the Championship, has a inferior goals-game ratio than Eastwood and went for £2m...

I'm pretty sure they both had more than 12 months remaining on their deals. As I mentioned, now Eastwood has come out and said he will not be signing a deal and wants to move, the ball is really in Wolves and Southends court. I hope he ends up at Molineux, but I wouldn’t pay over the odds.

now Eastwood has come out and said he will not be signing a deal and wants to move, the ball is really in Wolves and Southends court. I hope he ends up at Molineux, but I wouldn’t pay over the odds.

Where has he said this? I've never heard this before...

There has been no mention of a Blues Eastwood bid up here, only Norwich at present.

It was on some icBirmingham bluenose forum page (original post from someone who claims to have reliable regular insider info from St Andrews)

It was on some icBirmingham bluenose forum page (original post from someone who claims to have reliable regular insider info from St Andrews)

Who has been correct on more than one occasion, if that forum is to be believed...

As i have stated before, there is a fair chance that Brum will bid for Freddy.

Think if Birmingham were to sign Freddy he would just be looked at as another DJ Campbell signing.

Would be nice to see him go there to get a chance at the premiership but dont see it happening.

I'm pretty sure they both had more than 12 months remaining on their deals. As I mentioned, now Eastwood has come out and said he will not be signing a deal and wants to move, the ball is really in Wolves and Southends court. I hope he ends up at Molineux, but I wouldn’t pay over the odds.

Varney played for a club who wanted (needed ?) to sell their best players though, we are a reluctant seller at best and dont need to sell so that counters any difference in the contract length to an extent.

From recent comments by the club it doesnt look like Freddy is going to be sold on the cheap, certainly not for 1.25m which in the end appears to have been a rumour anyway.

yeah but, yeah but .... half the posters on here - and the desperate Wolfman - all thought he was going to Molypuke for 1.25 - PEANUTS -

fortunately Sir Steve returns and bangs that into touch and i do respect his opinion - and he possibley knows more about this than all the people who were biting off the old gold at 750k - 1.25 -

if you want a striker for next season get ready to pay 4 big ones for king freddy - it matters not a jot that hes on a free next year, not a jot, ambitious clubs with funds want him now - by next year he will have spent year four of his league career banging in a goal every other game for someone or other - even for the Blues.

I'm intrigued by this Birmingham and Freddy connection thats being proposed.
I was on My Space the other day and went into Freddys site. As expected there was a few Southend players as "friends" (Gower, JCR, etc.,) and a Mr Steve Bruce. Found it odd at the time. Now I'm starting to think ...........
Check it out. I'm deadly serious. Steve Bruce and Freddy are "friends". How did that come about ? The plot thickens:confused:

yeah but, yeah but .... half the posters on here - and the desperate Wolfman - all thought he was going to Molypuke for 1.25 - PEANUTS -

fortunately Sir Steve returns and bangs that into touch and i do respect his opinion - and he possibley knows more about this than all the people who were biting off the old gold at 750k - 1.25 -

if you want a striker for next season get ready to pay 4 big ones for king freddy - it matters not a jot that hes on a free next year, not a jot, ambitious clubs with funds want him now - by next year he will have spent year four of his league career banging in a goal every other game for someone or other - even for the Blues.

In fairness no one thought 750k was realistic but neither is 4million !

Those of us expecting a fee of 1.5 to 2m are going to be less disappointed than you if thats what you are expecting us to get!

I was on My Space the other day and went into Freddys site. As expected there was a few Southend players as "friends" (Gower, JCR, etc.,) and a Mr Steve Bruce. Found it odd at the time. Now I'm starting to think ...........
Check it out. I'm deadly serious. Steve Bruce and Freddy are "friends". How did that come about ? The plot thickens:confused:

Thats not actually Freddy's myspace site though is it.....

How do you know that? Is that factual or are you assuming that because he's a gypsy he can't spell and is not particularly bright?

Whats his myspace link. you can easily tell whether its real or not. And i reckon without even going on myspace that 'Freddys' profile is fake. It would be set to provate otherwise

Cant remember exactly and cannot access it at present cos I'm at work and its a barred site.
I think it was freddie_eastwood but am not sure. You can click on people and type his name. It should search for it.

I've heard Tilson also conducts most of his transfers via Myspace. Apparently what clinched the MacDonald deal was that Tilson had listed Hadouken! and the Klaxons as his favourite bands and Charlie felt that only a manager with a similar love of 'new rave' could draw the best out of him. I'm only telling you what I've been told...

Back