• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He's obviously going to play 2 up front. I can't wait to see Cox and Ranger together. It's what we've been crying out for.

Is there a massive hint of sarcasm in this post? I am fully expecting negative tactics, Mooney up front yada yada yada like has happened in every game this year after PB has said publicly he is making changes etc etc

I'm bored of it all now and just wish he would **** off

Went down Boots and Laces today.... sat in the car could see everything, there was someone in a builders truck and van watching too.

practicing defending from set pieces (corners) like mad, It was a worry..... Keeper punched one away, but I would say 8 out of 10 of the others were just a flap.

A lot of the time the ball was curling in and hitting the ground, without someone clearing it, it's a worry.....

If he has recognised that it is his tactics and formations that have been the problem and that in future he will play attractive attacking football then he should be congratulated.

What do you reckon:
Oxley
Demetriou Coker
Leonard Innis Thompson
McLashan Cox Ranger Wordsworth McLaughlin

Or maybe just two up front!

Is there a massive hint of sarcasm in this post? I am fully expecting negative tactics, Mooney up front yada yada yada like has happened in every game this year after PB has said publicly he is making changes etc etc

I'm bored of it all now and just wish he would **** off

No I was being serious. He got seriously peed off with Mooney last week, publicly slating him for the silly offsides and the ball not sticking. The best attacking spell all season was when it was Cox and Ranger tearing Sheff Utd apart. Only now is Ranger ready to start a game, but as he also brings out the best in Cox, it has to be those two together for me. Otherwise it would be Laurel without Hardy.

What do you reckon:
Oxley
Demetriou Coker
Leonard Innis Thompson

Roberts
Bentley Birks
Slack May Beanland
Woodley Smith Flatt Firmani McKinven

That line up should sort out the Spireites.

What do you reckon:
Oxley
Demetriou Coker
Leonard Innis Thompson

Personally:

Smith
White Innis Barrett Coker
Demetriou Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth
Ranger Cox

......and adopt a positive rather than clean sheet mentality until the final whistle.

Roberts
Bentley Birks
Slack May Beanland
Woodley Smith Flatt Firmani McKinven

That line up should sort out the Spireites.

You spotted the formation!

Close but Smith Firmani and Flatt never appeared together. Andy Smillie gate crashed in 66/67 - great footballer missed just one game.

Mind you - 15 April 1967 Graham Birks must have been injured and Frankie Matthews deputised - then Smillie in for Firmani and we beat those pesky Spirerites 4-1 ( Smiilie Smith Woodley Flatt)!

Close but Smith Firmani and Flatt never appeared together. Andy Smillie gate crashed in 66/67 - great footballer missed just one game.

Mind you - 15 April 1967 Graham Birks must have been injured and Frankie Matthews deputised - then Smillie in for Firmani and we beat those pesky Spirerites 4-1 ( Smiilie Smith Woodley Flatt)!

Andy Smillie still cooks the best cheese omelettes in town!

Personally:

Smith
White Innis Barrett Coker
Demetriou Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth
Ranger Cox

......and adopt a positive rather than clean sheet mentality until the final whistle.

He said he would take a win 5-4! Don't think that lot could score 5 - mine would certainly concede 4.

Isnt that the problem - there isn't an 11 that stands out.

Any way I reckon he will actually play Ferdinand somewhere.

He said he would take a win 5-4! Don't think that lot could score 5 - mine would certainly concede 4.

Isnt that the problem - there isn't an 11 that stands out.

Any way I reckon he will actually play Ferdinand somewhere.

After watching Ferdinand last week I hope not. Saves on the laundry bills though.

Presumably it will be:

Oxley
Demetriou Innis Barrett Coker
Ferdinand
Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth
Ranger Cox

After watching Ferdinand last week I hope not. Saves on the laundry bills though.

Presumably it will be:

Oxley
Demetriou Innis Barrett Coker
Ferdinand
Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth
Ranger Cox

I reckon you could be right - but I think we need McGlashans pace and then there's Fortune - he won't get it right.

at Rochdale I picked the wrong team and the wrong system to try and get a result

Two points to make on Phil's statement:

1. Well done for recognising and publicly admitting that you c*cked it up.

2. If a motley bunch of on-line forum contrubutors like us were surprised at the selection and the tactics BEFORE five minutes had passed on Saturday, why couldn't PB see this until much later.....?

Anyway, let's hope that Ranger and Cox will set up a high scoring partnership and lead us up the division. Come On You Shrimpers!

that was the first Southend game I attended, some proper players in that team:thumbsup:

The whole problem, as someone else said on another thread, was that he was trying to shoe-horn Barrett, Ferdinand and Inniss into the same team. Barrett for experience and he is our best centre-half. Ferdinand, as he has done well and was a big signing and Inniss, because he needed the height at the back, as Calvin Andrew is a man mountain.

As soon as he had to play three centre-halves, the rest of the system was f*****! Leaving him having to play one up and he went for Mooney as he had done OK.

Sometimes getting spanked badly is a good thing. He can now confidently change the system and everyone would agree it is the right thing to do.

I just hope he plays Cox and Ranger as out and out strikers. Anything less is over-tinkering AGAIN!

Back