• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can't see how he can be accused of bias in any way. If anything, Blair hasn't had enough game time. There have been plenty of games where we could have put Blair on for the last 20 mins and Paul has opted not to. Or has opted to play Mohsni instead. I think Blair will naturally find his way out of the club by the end of the season, and we should wish him well - we've had many many worse players in the past.

I bet you are one of the ***** that boo him.

Whilst I don't rate Blair, I don't believe in booing or giving any Southend players stick, so actually no I didn't. To be frank when he came on he added nothing & seemed off the pace.

Blair can hold the ball up and slow the game down, Torquay were starting to get confidence, mohsni can't really hold the ball up and would probably shoot on sight, which while I'm sure the fans want to see, sturrock's game plan would be to not concede another goal, there was no need for mohsni to come on

Of course, it is totally unfair to boo him as soon as he gets on. However, very many people do not like the fact that he is a 30 something player of non-league standard who is only ever signed for league football by his father. There have been so many threads on this issue and peoples thoughts and views are not going to change.

I started the time for Blair to leave thread, but even I understood why he was brought on. It was to kill the game off, as the ball would stick more up front and run the clock down.
If we needed a goal, then Mohsni would have come on.
As for any booing, out of order. The guy gives his all. You don't boo Southend players.

I can't see how he can be accused of bias in any way. If anything, Blair hasn't had enough game time. There have been plenty of games where we could have put Blair on for the last 20 mins and Paul has opted not to. Or has opted to play Mohsni instead. I think Blair will naturally find his way out of the club by the end of the season, and we should wish him well - we've had many many worse players in the past.

Not wrong there and for a lot more wages as well.

Blair is a useful player to have on the bench if you are ahead with 15 mins to go. I'd put him on up front ahead of Moshni. If we need a goal, I'd bring on someone else instead. Horses for courses as they say - and it's what Sturrock has applied in the last 2 home games.

mohsni was asked to come on as phillips looked asif he was injured but when he gave the thumbs up the change was not needed

a couple of points

Booing a southend player is all kinds of wrong.

I dont care if sturrock brings mickey mouse on if were 4-1 up and on an unbeaten run.

UTB

Don't. Boo. Your. Own. Players. Rule number 1 of supporting a team, look at the woeful display of so called support for Wolves on Saturday?? - if you want to do that sling your hook and sit in the North bank. Sturrock has played his part in the success of our current side. We are second in the table aren't we?? I do wonder sometimes when I read the threads on here.

I was sat in the West stand, and I can honestly say that I didn't hear any boo's when Blair came on. I certainly applauded him when he came on. He proved me wrong last year, and I'm not ashamed to say so. He doesn't get in ahead of Harris, Corr or Dickinson for me, but I still think he has a very good footballing brain and can make things happen.

All of this is like the head teachers son getting bullied justbeing at the same school (I have experience). Some banter is good for the game, butconstant barracking for what is no reason is not good for the club or the confidence of any of the players. These are some very sadindividuals who either will never make anything of or have nothing better to dowith their lives and should take their support back to whatever hole they crept out of.

All of this is like the head teachers son getting bullied justbeing at the same school (I have experience). Some banter is good for the game, butconstant barracking for what is no reason is not good for the club or the confidence of any of the players. These are some very sadindividuals who either will never make anything of or have nothing better to dowith their lives and should take their support back to whatever hole they crept out of.

Mr. Fairbrass?:omg:

I'm not BS biggest fan but I am not a hater of his either. Regardless he's done nothing to be booed at, granted he would not be my choice of striker to have on the bench but still booing is not on.

Whilst I don't like any Southend player being booed, I think that PS is getting very close to showing obvious bias towards his own son. With the improved squad he is very low down the pecking order and is struggling to justify a place on the bench when we have Lee Sawyer & Jemel Johnson unable to get on it. As for Moshni not coming on I am baffled - if he is unfit to come on why have him on the bench as he was the obvious substitution up front or if he refused ala Tevez (which I find hard to believe) then he should never play for us again.

No bias at all, he surely wanted to give Blair a run out to get his fitness up a bit in a game we had already won.

Back