• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blame who you like, but here's the truth ....

you can blame matt harrold, you can blame leon clarke, you can blame the team, you can blame tilly, you can blame brushy, you can blame the ref, you can blame ron martin, you can even blame the bloody ground if you ****ing like. but have you never thought that us, the supporters, could be contributing to the players backlash, if there is no commitment in the stands, how can you expect commitment on the pitch? get off the players backs. get behind the team, and make roots hall a difficult and intimidating place for teams and their supporters to come to. we may not be putting in an excellent performance, we may not be playing like barcelona, but its still a fact that we are grinding out results, if we were playing so **** like some of you make out to be, then we would be bottom of the league, but the players must be doing something right to be in the top 10. yes, times are going to get difficult, but football is not an easy game to play. face it, we are not barcelona, we are not going to go the whole season unbeaten, we are not going to win every match, we are not always going to give 100%, but its the result the team gets that matters, thats what most of you dont seem to understand. if any of those men who were hurling abuse from the south upper last week, do it against huddersfield on wednesday, i swear to god they will not leave roots hall in one peice.

What a load of old claptrap! Get on with the ironing!

you can blame matt harrold, you can blame leon clarke, you can blame the team, you can blame tilly, you can blame brushy, you can blame the ref, you can blame ron martin, you can even blame the bloody ground if you ****ing like. but have you never thought that us, the supporters, could be contributing to the players backlash, if there is no commitment in the stands, how can you expect commitment on the pitch? get off the players backs. get behind the team, and make roots hall a difficult and intimidating place for teams and their supporters to come to. we may not be putting in an excellent performance, we may not be playing like barcelona, but its still a fact that we are grinding out results, if we were playing so **** like some of you make out to be, then we would be bottom of the league, but the players must be doing something right to be in the top 10. yes, times are going to get difficult, but football is not an easy game to play. face it, we are not barcelona, we are not going to go the whole season unbeaten, we are not going to win every match, we are not always going to give 100%, but its the result the team gets that matters, thats what most of you dont seem to understand. if any of those men who were hurling abuse from the south upper last week, do it against huddersfield on wednesday, i swear to god they will not leave roots hall in one peice.

Can we ban this cretin?

I have some sympathy with this post.

Yes, abuse has always been part of the game but the one of the things that I've notice change im my years supporting SUFC (30 odd) is the amount our own players get these days. It seems that people have no patience anymore in today's 'must win at all costs society'. Expectations at every club in the land are far too high, and I partly blame the diet of superstar Premiership football we get force fed every waking hour of our lives.

Someone (I forget who) has posted on here about League One being a 'horrible division'. Why is it horrible? I would venture that they are comparing it to the Premiership, but that is neither realisitic or fair.

Blame life. Blame a job. Blame a career. Blame a family. Blame a ****ing big television, Blame washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Blame good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Blame fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Blame a starter home. Blame your friends. Blame leisure wear and matching luggage. Blame a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Blame DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Blame sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Blame rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f*cked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Blame your future. Blame life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?'

I chose not to blame life- I blame Matt Harrold.

Don't blame it on the Flahavan, dont blame it on the Foran, dont blame it on the zoltan, blame it on the Harrold. he just cant, he just cant, he just cant score a goal, he just cant he just can't he just cant score a goal

lol lovley song :p

Blue Ladies - I know what you mean, about us need to get behind SUFC team when play - its just p*** everyone off that Harrold getting picked ahead of MacDonald, it unfair on our midfielders who have to work hard to create chance or score goals but to have a power-puff striker up front showing limited quality etc ....... Dont worry Blue Ladie, we soon get behind the team agasint Hudderfield as Clarke will parther Morgan up front and ....... Iam f**king looking forward to that - long as Gower and Black get fit by then so we dont see Morgan pushed on to the wing and see Harrold back up front!

Blue Ladies - I know what you mean, about us need to get behind SUFC team when play - its just p*** everyone off that Harrold getting picked ahead of MacDonald, it unfair on our midfielders who have to work hard to create chance or score goals but to have a power-puff striker up front showing limited quality etc ....... Dont worry Blue Ladie, we soon get behind the team agasint Hudderfield as Clarke will parther Morgan up front and ....... Iam f**king looking forward to that - long as Gower and Black get fit by then so we dont see Morgan pushed on to the wing and see Harrold back up front!

So are you saying you won't get behind the team on Saturday cos Harrold ill be playing? Idiot!

So are you saying you won't get behind the team on Saturday cos Harrold ill be playing? Idiot!

I would get behind the team even Harrold is playing, I got behind the team at Luton and sometime I shout "Come on Harrold, keep trying etc" when Harrold got the ball in 2nd half .... its just he not good enough for the last 3 months .... that why Iam looking forward to Clarke and Morgan up front, surely an MASSIVE improvement from our strike force agasint Luton!

PS: I be at Oxford on Sat with 4 of my friends too, I would cheer if Harrold score .....

Back