• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blimey

leeblue

Members⭐
Now dont get me wrong this is by no means a 'rose tinted' view, we need at least three players in and quick, and we did not play that well today but I can say with hand on heart if you had offered me a win and a draw to open the season with, considering the fact we have a patched up first eleven with a non exsistent squad as back up then I would have bit your hands off, if nothing else it buys us a bit of time and prevents panic buying, where as a losing start to the season could have had the opposite effect and seen any old players come in. I know the cheltenham game was poo but come on we were never gonna win it;)
fingers crossed we get a couple of decent signings in the next few days and are able to build on a decent start to our league campaign

I agree with your sentiment Leeblue, and have to say given the side we had out today, a point is not the worst outcome in the world, despite the lateness of the equaliser.

What is really grating on me, however, is the fact we are in this position at all. We should have moved on from last season, and attempted to go for automatice promotion this season, instead, by Tilly's own admission today, we don't have a team/squad anywhere near good enough to compete at the business end of the table.

4 points from 6 is a decent start - in fact, I think it may be the best start to a seaosn we have had since Tilly took over (ironic huh?) but unless the squad is strengthened, and quick, the decent start won't last.

FWIW, I had an email exchange with Ron Martin this week about Nicky Bailey, and other issues, and I have to say full credit to him for his quick and frank responses. He is of the opinion, as all of us are, that we need to strengthen, and strengthen NOW (he used the capital's not me!), so hopefully, we can do that over the next week or so. As you say, the good thing is, if we can add to the squad sufficiently, then we already have 4 points in the bank.

I think the irritating thing for me is the inconsistency of what the club is saying.

One minute Brushy says we'll run with a small squad (hopefully) bolstered by loans, but they'll happen when the Prem starts as we won't know until then who they are willing to let out.

Then last week Tilly says that getting Prem loans will be nigh on impossible, that's my take on what he said anyway, because with the 7 subs on the bench rule they'll have to keep more players at their own beck & call. TBH Tilly sounded rather downbeat about anyone arriving in the near future.

So one minute we're relying on Prem loans & the next week we're not! I'm not sure where the players we need are coming from & I'm note sure anyone else is.

Oh. Sorry. I'll just fuk off as well to save you typing it.

Last edited:
And another point, who the :censored: do u think u are in relation to asking the chairman to justify himself? Fair play to him for even dignifying you with a response. We are all fans, but that is all. Why do people think they have some sort of right to have a say in the way the club is managed? If you don't agree with it - use your economic power and stop paying for a ticket.

Actually just :censored: off as said previously, and take all of your moaning :censored: with u. Most of them are waiting for their balls to drop by the sound of it but you probably have that excuse.

Well, i guess you'll see the light in the morning when you've p1ssed the beer out. RC makes well reasoned, rational contributions to this forum and long may he do so. I would suggest, the exact opposite from your pathetic vitriol.

I think the club should spend spend spend on players that might make us a slightly better team to appease the fickle fans and then in two years time we will be in Luton's position and the fickle fans would have disappeared back to support the big 4 on SKY TV.

colonelnutter said:
And another point, who the :censored: do u think u are in relation to asking the chairman to justify himself? Fair play to him for even dignifying you with a response. We are all fans, but that is all. Why do people think they have some sort of right to have a say in the way the club is managed? If you don't agree with it - use your economic power and stop paying for a ticket.

Actually just :censored: off as said previously, and take all of your moaning :censored: with u. Most of them are waiting for their balls to drop by the sound of it but you probably have that excuse.

I didn't get to see this before your post was obviously removed - I'd just like to say thanks for that.

Who do I think I am in relation to emailing the chairman? Erm, well I am a paying supporter, as you point out, and as such, are the lifeblood of the football club. Without our support, financial or otherwise, this club, or any club for that matter, would not exist. As a paying supporter, or customer if you wish to be crude, I am more than entitled to my say on how things are being done - Much like you would be if you went into a restaurant and was not happy with the service you had received.

In addition to that, did you bother to ask if I was a shareholder in the club? No. Just so we're clear, the chairman of any organisation is in fact answerable to the shareholders, and very much has to justify himself to them.

You have absolutely no idea about the content of my email exchange between Ron Martin and myself, and as such, are in no position to comment about it. For what it's worth, the email exchange was polite, construtive, open and most of all, helped clarify a few questions I had.

I'd like to think that when I post on here, I am not viewed as some moaning **** as you so kindly put it, and that I am more than able to invoke, and take part in, reasoned and constructive debate.

As for the comment about not having reached puberty yet - well at the age of 32, with a wife and a child, I'm guessing that just about covers that!

I HOPE that your response is simply down to too much happy juice on a Saturday evening, in which case, then no offence taken - if it's not, then all I can say is I'm extremely dissapointed that a fellow fan feels the need to write such content as you did.

I didn't get to see this before your post was obviously removed - I'd just like to say thanks for that.

Who do I think I am in relation to emailing the chairman? Erm, well I am a paying supporter, as you point out, and as such, are the lifeblood of the football club. Without our support, financial or otherwise, this club, or any club for that matter, would not exist. As a paying supporter, or customer if you wish to be crude, I am more than entitled to my say on how things are being done - Much like you would be if you went into a restaurant and was not happy with the service you had received.

In addition to that, did you bother to ask if I was a shareholder in the club? No. Just so we're clear, the chairman of any organisation is in fact answerable to the shareholders, and very much has to justify himself to them.

You have absolutely no idea about the content of my email exchange between Ron Martin and myself, and as such, are in no position to comment about it. For what it's worth, the email exchange was polite, construtive, open and most of all, helped clarify a few questions I had.

I'd like to think that when I post on here, I am not viewed as some moaning **** as you so kindly put it, and that I am more than able to invoke, and take part in, reasoned and constructive debate.

As for the comment about not having reached puberty yet - well at the age of 32, with a wife and a child, I'm guessing that just about covers that!

I HOPE that your response is simply down to too much happy juice on a Saturday evening, in which case, then no offence taken - if it's not, then all I can say is I'm extremely dissapointed that a fellow fan feels the need to write such content as you did.

moaning ****er ;-)

Last edited:
Back