• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues end Clapham interest!

Shame that, thought he would have slotted in nicely. Which means we need another signing badly

I suspected that wages would be an issue when we took him on. It'll be interesting to see who else Tilly has up his sleeve.

Maybe time for a few 'Chrissie Powell' chants at Chelmsford tonight!

I'm sure what Tilly is after is a full-back with height (to compensate for the relative shorties at the back) but who is also a real threat going forward and perhaps from set pieces - hmmmmm - how about that Scottish lad, Mulgrew? Oh no, we couldn't afford him could we cough cough

I'd have thought there would have been some brief conversations about personal terms prior to the trial, otherwise why bother if there is no realistic prospect of reaching an agreement?

I suspect the headline should probably have read Clapham ends Blues interest and that he's got himself something else.

Anthony Grant evidently played Left Back at Wycombe when he was on loan there.

Can only think it is a wages thing. He looked more than capable at Billericay. Shame but hopefully Tilly has a backup plan.

Anthony Grant evidently played Left Back at Wycombe when he was on loan there.
I think Ulysses that Tilly may be planning the season on a similar but slightly reversed version of your "Dream Team" set up

Ultimate Team - Sammy, Powell, Tilly, Barrett, Prior, Maher, McDonough, Gower, Collymore, Freddy, Dave Crown Subs - Flavs, Edinburgh, Anash, Angell, Goat

Whereas Tilly's team this season is lining up with no left sided players your's has no right side at all. I make it lining up GK, 2 x CB, 1 x LB, 1 x CM, 2 x LM & 4 x CF, and proper CFs at that, none of this namby pamby "strikers who can play wide".

Respect, you must be Tilly's new footballing TicTac guru! ;)

Well if it is us who have decided against signing him we could at least have had another look tonight.

Back