• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Blues in Spain / "Sawyer not a priorty".

BLUES CASTANET FURTHER

Southend United manager Steve Tilson and his assistant Paul Brush have just returned from a boozing session in Spain.

The Blues are keen to bolster their drinking-squad ahead of the new season, since the departure of Richie Foran.

And their pursuit of new drinkers has now expanded to beyond just England.

"Steve and I spent a long weekend in Spain and took in a few litres of Sangria while we were over there," confirmed Brush.

"We have a link up with The Red Rose in Javea so it was good to cement that partnership even further and to also see the standard of some of the fanny out there.

"Last summer we were offered ********* for 5 euros but it was hard to know what to do because we didn't know if that was good value with the worsening exchange rate.

"That was another reason for this visit and we went to watch Kenny G playing as well as Depeche Mode."

Brush added the quality of the boozers were similar to sides towards the bottom of League One and teams in League Two.

But he was impressed with the technique of the individuals in action.

"That was excellent," stressed a muntered Paul Brush.

"However how they would cope in a more physical session played at a higher tempo is the key issue but there are players available over there so who knows what might happen and it was certainly a worthwhile trip, even if we did suffer a long delay on the flight back!"

Blues are keen to bring in more boat-race members, jager-bombing players and a heavyweight with ability to challenge Smiffy and True Blue.

Yet Brush does not expect any new signing to be completed before the end of the month.

"It's still quite early for moves to be finalised," he said.

"We've made enquiries about players but there are still few bars with stock to be drunk and those who are available are weighing up their guts.

"Players and their wives will be getting off with each other but I don't think anything will happen for us this month.

"I think it's well known where we need to strengthen and it begins at both ends of the bar."

That means pursuing the services of midfield-shot expert Lee Sawyer, who enjoyed a successful drinking session with the Blues last term, is not of paramount importance.

"Lee did well when he was with us and we've been to watch him down at TOTS," confirmed Brush.

"But we have a lot of young drinkers already at the club so there are bigger priorities for us.

"We will look at solving them and then see where things are."

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was manager of Montpellier on FM07, I had a 'special arrangement' arrangement with Benidorm and I regularly sent my promising youngsters there for experience. I wonder if this has anything to do with Steve Tilson's trip?

From my amazing repetoi of FM knowledge I can tell you Goran Maric, the lad who came on is the one we should be signing :whistling:

Oh and 'Gai' will be that Gai Assulin, 18 year old Israeli winger/attacking mid.

Perhaps Ron will start doing his blogs in spanish, we will serve tapas at half time instead of rot-dogs and during the Bluebelles dance, a bull will be released onto the pitch. Would liven things up.

Goran Maric (aka Beeeaaaassssstttt!)

What a lump.

25 year old Serbian striker. 6ft and 11 goals in 33 appearances for Barcelona B

The next Jon Parkin?

0+goran+maric+barcelona+b+atletic+serbia.jpg

Last edited:
Pah, I'll have to load the game now. Haven't checked him on the latest version either, but we'll take a peek.

EDIT: Not quite what he was on 08..

wqvfcj.jpg

Although that Torres looks tasty, must be a relation to fernando..

282dm4z.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about this. There are plenty of players that will be released this summer, Peterboro have just released 12, including Westwood, always done well against us. Buying youngsters from Spain, mayb who cant speak English and may take sometime to adapt to English style of football doesnt seem right. We need experienced pros to help and support the younger players in our squad.

Re Sawyer, dont think he will come. If we get a new wide left player, that offers Moussa back as a CM player. Macca is really first choice and rightly so, leaving JFC, Grant and Moussa to battle out for may 1 or 2 other places. Not sure Sawyer would bring anything extra apart from his breaking into the box which we lacked last season.

Quick challenge to the Shrimperzone public. I can only think of one Adrian (possibly) ever to have player for us. Can you name him

(And I may be wrong as think he was before my time slightly).

Pah, I'll have to load the game now. Haven't checked him on the latest version either, but we'll take a peek.

EDIT: Not quite what he was on 08..

wqvfcj.jpg

Although that Torres looks tasty, must be a relation to fernando..

282dm4z.jpg

I am not an FM man. But how accurate are these wage quotes? Pure bow lox I expect?

Back