• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Blues in Spain / "Sawyer not a priorty".

They're as accurate as the head researcher could estimate.

Each club has their own researcher (James is ours, I believe) and they're only accepted on if they watch a big % of games.

They're probably accurate to ~£200 p/w either way, I would'a thought.

They're as accurate as the head researcher could estimate.

Each club has their own researcher (James is ours, I believe) and they're only accepted on if they watch a big % of games.

They're probably accurate to ~£200 p/w either way, I would'a thought.

Interesting.

If some of these Barcelona B players are only on £500-£700 p/w there is no worry in terms of being able to afford their wages then.

I am not an FM man. But how accurate are these wage quotes? Pure bow lox I expect?

All the player havbe to submit a tax return to the game makers before the season starts mate so pretty accurate I would imagine. The game was actually late coming out this year because Carl Pettifer forgot to send his in in time.

Last edited:
Those wages seem about right to me. Obviously they're paid in Euros and that's always fluctuating, and you've got to remember living costs, they may need to be paid more/less to live in England.

As T&B said, they seem about L1/L2 standard, nothing spectacular.

Was it Adrian Burrows, who we had on loan back in 80's, when we had Lee Nogan as well?

Those wages seem about right to me. Obviously they're paid in Euros and that's always fluctuating, and you've got to remember living costs, they may need to be paid more/less to live in England.

As T&B said, they seem about L1/L2 standard, nothing spectacular.

Really?

One of the Barcelona B players you mentioned has a buyout clause of €20 million!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gai_Assulin

Paul Clark, I think.

So he got Burrows and Nogan in to stop the rot, and then signed Crown and Butler....not bad little forays into the market for such a short stint as manager...

I like the idea of looking abroad for talent, as Brushy says, the technique they have is fantastic out in Spain but the pace of the game is a lot slower. There could well be a bargain to be had out there. We've has 3 French players this season that have all done well for us.

As for Sawyer. I understand that other positions are higher up on the list than central midfield, but if there is someone of that ability avaliable to someone like us we shouldn't be telling them to hang fire whilst we sign a left winger etc.

If a player is avaliable to us, which Sawyer appears to be, then we should be going in for him as well as other players. I hope we don't miss out on him because we are chasing other positions.

What about Adrian West? played at LB a couple of times if memory serves... last seen plying his trade in the Southend Sunday League

Good shout - I knew his brother. Westy played more games for the reserves than anything else as a certain Chris Powell was beginning his time with us and looking like he might do ok.

Back