• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Blues in Spain / "Sawyer not a priorty".

Come on lads you cant really mean that. Sawyer is a class act but Macca is the best player we have surely.....

With Macca being quite a polarising character I'm not sure whether you're fishing or serious! Macca is a good player, but if it came down to the hypothetical choice between Macca or Sawyer, I would go for Sawyer.

With Macca being quite a polarising character I'm not sure whether you're fishing or serious! Macca is a good player, but if it came down to the hypothetical choice between Macca or Sawyer, I would go for Sawyer.

No fishing mate. Macca was a class act in the championship and is a great player in league one. I really like Sawyer and will shoot in my pants with excitement if we sign him but I dont feel that he is better than Macca at this stage.

Macca's only real flaw in my book is his temprement and lets be honest Sawyer is not exactly adverse to the odd yellow card either.

Both would be a dream ticket but if I had to have one it would be Macca.

Come on lads you cant really mean that. Sawyer is a class act but Macca is the best player we have surely.....

yeah i mean it. i think macca flatters to deceive a lot. yes, sawyer is young and untried i just felt happier with him in the side then macca.

and there's no way on earth macca is our best player! i don't think this season he has been any more effective than say the moose.

yes macca has been almost exceptional in the past. but nobby stiles played for england once but i wouldn't have him in our midfield.

Bobby

No fishing mate. Macca was a class act in the championship and is a great player in league one. I really like Sawyer and will shoot in my pants with excitement if we sign him but I dont feel that he is better than Macca at this stage.

Macca's only real flaw in my book is his temprement and lets be honest Sawyer is not exactly adverse to the odd yellow card either.

Both would be a dream ticket but if I had to have one it would be Macca.

And on that let's remember that Macca has - despite numerous predictions otherwise - NOT been sent off this season, so maybe he's even learnt to control the temperament to some extent.

If people would just get off his back, he will become the kind of player Maher was, with the vision and experience necessary to make things happen. At the moment I don't see those signs in either Moussa or Sawyer, both imo, too young to successfully keep that going for a whole season.

People aren't on Maccas back, he gets a great support at the ground and people are entitled to their opinion on whether he's Gods gift to this football club or whether there's a chance young Lee Sawyer could actually be a better player.

Also, Macca playing like Maher? Not a chance, totally different types of players. Maher took it slow, sat in front of the back 4 and passed sidewards, Macca is manic and everywhere, totally different in my book.

From my amazing repetoi of FM knowledge I can tell you Goran Maric, the lad who came on is the one we should be signing :whistling:

Oh and 'Gai' will be that Gai Assulin, 18 year old Israeli winger/attacking mid.

Heard of that Goran. We have more chance of getting Dervite than Gai Assulin IMO. He is highly regarded in Israel, I believe, and has been linked to many top teams.

This isn't really a rumour thread .....

People aren't on Maccas back, he gets a great support at the ground and people are entitled to their opinion on whether he's Gods gift to this football club or whether there's a chance young Lee Sawyer could actually be a better player.

Also, Macca playing like Maher? Not a chance, totally different types of players. Maher took it slow, sat in front of the back 4 and passed sidewards, Macca is manic and everywhere, totally different in my book.

Maybe it's where I sit Fred, these are the same impatient people that get on the case of any player who stuffs up even one pass and have crucified Franno this season and I meant like Maher in a "controlling" sense - no-one can doubt Maher's influence through those 2 great back to back promotion years, and even through the relegation one.

Well, maybe it is, I don't know. Where I am (SU) there seems to nothing but love for the Irish lad.

Same. I think he is the only player that we have on a permentant contract that doesn't get abuse when he does the slightest thing wrong.

Interesting.

If some of these Barcelona B players are only on £500-£700 p/w there is no worry in terms of being able to afford their wages then.

Barcelona pay very low wages for their youngsters which is why they are prone to losing them to other top Clubs. They lost Fabregas and Pique to Arsenal and Man United because they keep all of their youngsters on the same pay scale no matter how highly rated they are.

Really?

One of the Barcelona B players you mentioned has a buyout clause of €20 million!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gai_Assulin

Assulin is very highly rated though. Plus he's had a cracking second season for me in Football Manager:

assulinz.jpg

Assulin is regarded as the "next" one to break through into the first team, So the chances of getting him on loan are similar to enjoying a night out with Mark Gower and Richie "Shagger" Foran.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/Home/

Straight from the horses mouht. Hope its a tactic as personally loved Lee Sawyer.

yep that pretty much shows how much Ron is prepared to spend this year, a stunning central midfielder who really was the inspiration for some great perfomances at the start of the season, isnt a priority but well certainly more than impressed with a couple of barcelona z team players who are about week league 1 league 2 standard players

aaaahhhh

yep that pretty much shows how much Ron is prepared to spend this year, a stunning central midfielder who really was the inspiration for some great perfomances at the start of the season, isnt a priority but well certainly more than impressed with a couple of barcelona z team players who are about week league 1 league 2 standard players

aaaahhhh

not denying i would take sawyer in an instant but CB and LM are more important right now, with the sheer number of CM's we have.

and i cant believe no-one has noted the awful pun in the title of the piece on the OS! Scriven, u should be ashamed!

Back