• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues worst XI

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 07 2004,12:33)]Tricky one.

The problem with players like Hone, Regis and Willis is that they were Div 1 players.  I bet they would shine in the current squad!

I also saw some absolutely appalling players in the old Div 4 days.

So, my worst would be:

Graham Horn

Paul Roberts   John Walker     Warren May     Andy Dixon

Simon Livett   Phil Gridelet    Marek Smidt     Gordon Connelly

Richard Young        John Gymer

Who is Hector Genkles by the way?  I don't remember him
Hell yea, I remember Warren May (I think...) Shocking...

Me and my mate used to like Paul Roberts cos he reminded us of the WWF's Ultimate Warrior
sad.gif
rock.gif

Hey, we were kids!

I'd put a few famous names in the line-up - bearing in mind their form when they wore the sacred blue shirt as opposed to what they had achieved earlier in their career:

GK Neville Southall
RB Frank Lampard (Snr)
CB Tom Jordan
CB George Parris
LB Christian Hyslop
RW Gordon Connelly (Brighton 2nd half excepted!)
CM Graham Wilkins
CM Billy Kellock
LW Kevin O'Callaghan
CF Richard Young
CF Trevor Whymark

Subs: Chris Ramsey, Marek Szmid, Sada N'Diaye, John Keeley, Dominic Foley

Manager: Dick Bate

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 07 2004,11:33)]Who is Hector Genkles by the way?  I don't remember him
Don't remember the famous Hector Genkles? PAH!

I bet you don't remember Seth Plum or George Duck either.

Fairweather fans!

tounge.gif

BTW I think Hector Genkles is a made-up name - no mention of him on Robin's SUFC Database

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ Oct. 07 2004,12:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 07 2004,11:33)]Who is Hector Genkles by the way?  I don't remember him

Fairweather fans!

tounge.gif

BTW I think Hector Genkles is a made-up name - no mention of him on Robin's SUFC Database
Hector Genkles is now a painter and decorator working alongside a friend of myself and Cockroach a Mr Trevor Edwards.

Their business turns over about £6M both in the UK and overseas so i don't think he would be bothered about being called a bad footballer.

You wanna see the c**t with a brush and roller.
biggrin.gif

1. Prudhoe
2. Henry
3. Wardley
4. Alderton
5. Jordan
6. Dublin
7. Richards
8. Marney
9. Foley
10. Belgrave
11. Connelly

It shows my age I think.
wink.gif

As a cheery happy clappy person I could not possibly agree that any player for the Mighty Shrimpers, other than Graeme Jones who doesn't count as a footballer, was less than awesome.  
biggrin.gif

Also I think that a minimum number of games should set as I'm not sure 1 LDV & 1 sub appearance, in the case of Tom Jordan, qualifies him anywhere near as much as the hours of hell watching Gordon Connelly.  However if we're on one hit wonders I'm afraid Paul Moran (1991 Bournemouth away IIRC) is the worst I remember.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ Oct. 07 2004,12:48)]
[b said:

Fairweather fans!

tounge.gif

I remember George Duck...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 07 2004,12:02)]The Southend best XI is pretty much a gimme, bar one or two positions...

The worst XI would be more subjective! I'll start then - from my 18 years watching the blues, my worst XI is...

GK Mark Prudhoe
RB Tony Barness
LB Christian Hyslop
CB George Parris
CB Tom Jordan
RM Martin Hayes
CM Ian Selley
CM Gavin Strachan
LM Scott Ashenden
CF Joe Allon
CF Francisco Cagigao

Hmmm... that is pretty bad, but I dont know if its the worst! Not surprised to see most of the team made up of players from the last 5-6 years!
Tony Barness
rock.gif
What a strange choice. A decent player who has played a couple of hundred games (many of them in the premiership) all at a much higher level than us since leaving following a short loan period.

Surprised that Eric Steele and Chris Ramsay have not got a mention. But, for me, the worst player EVER has to be Sada N'Diaye - summed up Alvin Martin's knowledge of football.

An unorthodox 3-4-3 formation for me.

Gay

Kerrigan  Jordan    Searle

Clarke  Houlness Alderton Forbes

Richards   Harris    Fitzpatrick

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 07 2004,14:26)]An unorthodox 3-4-3 formation for me.

Gay

Kerrigan Jordan Searle

Clarke Houlness Alderton Forbes

Richards Harris Fitzpatrick
Sure I've seen this formation somewhere before!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 07 2004,14:26)]An unorthodox 3-4-3 formation for me.

Gay

Yeah i forgot about old Jason Harris and his silky skills.

Don't think Searle should be in there though, i thought he was a solid player for us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ Oct. 07 2004,14:51)]
[b said:

Gay

Yeah i forgot about old Jason Harris and his silky skills.

Don't think Searle should be in there though, i thought he was a solid player for us.
His shrill scouse whinging used to get on my t*ts, that's why I included him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 07 2004,13:26)]An unorthodox 3-4-3 formation for me.

Gay

I think that if this team played the Best XI you have chosen on the other thread then it would be a pretty even match.....

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 07 2004,13:57)]His shrill scouse whinging used to get on my t*ts, that's why I included him.
scouse? I thought he was from Cardiff!!!

Chris Ramsay - words fail me.
Mario Walsh - what a donkey
Jason Cook - useless midget
to name but a few.

did Scott Ashenden ever get a first team game ? I remember playing against him @ seevic around 1989/1990 and he was so up him self being a yts untill I stuck him in row z and he didnt want to know after that.

Sergio was indeed a taffy and a bluebird to boot thats why swansea used to give him so much stick when we played them.

Back