• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown: "When someone demands to play like that I think you have to question their attitude."

Could be why Brown made such a point about Hurst's good attitude whilst being out of the side in the week. Hammering that point home - be patient and you will get your chance. Act like a child and you'll be shipped out.

If these quotes are Bolger's genuine reasons for wanting out I cant really say I blame him as some of Brown's team selections are ****ing bonkers! Constant chopping and changing makes the fans scratch their heads so think of the players!!

PB said last week that he is looking to bring in a defender on loan. Bolger was with Bolton in the North West so maybe he didn't really settle down here and is happy to go back up to that area.

Quotes are via Chris Phillips on Twitter - 2 or 3 defenders lined up as possibilities to come in - one may be through the door before tomorrow.

Bolger joins Bury on loan

SOUTHEND United centre-back Cian Bolger has joined Bury on an initial month long loan.

More...

If these quotes are Bolger's genuine reasons for wanting out I cant really say I blame him as some of Brown's team selections are ****ing bonkers! Constant chopping and changing makes the fans scratch their heads so think of the players!!

It doesnt matter what chopping and changing he does to the rest of the team, what concerns him is the defence and I wouldnt say Barrett/Thompson as a pairing is bonkers at all. I quite like Boldger but I wouldnt say he is good enough to guarantee a start ahead of them.

Any idea whom we're looking at. Can't the lad from Arsenal play at the back?

I agree with Brown that Thompson and Barrett is our best pairing at the back but it's a shame he's fallen out with Brown over it, I expect the guy we're getting on loan won't be as good as him. I suppose whether he comes back or not depends on if Brown is still here next season.

Really disappointed to see this happen, our best prospect in defence, we shelled out good money for his talent, we need strength in numbers for the run in and a bit of a settled squad. is Browns ego really that sad? You would have thought demanding to play if that was the case would indicate a strong spirit that might need different handling than being shipped out a la Prosser. Perhaps you have to grovel more to the gaffer? Still we dont know all the shenanigans. Lets hope no injuries at the back tomorrow if our new stranger on loan is coming in ?

Its funny to talk about Thompson as the first choice, I never thought at the beginning he would develop enough but he has been a good signing.

We paid a fee for him for goodness sake, and he was a PB 'pick'. Bury, like us, don't have a pot to **** in, so that will be dosh down the drain I guess. Time to recall Prosser I think:smiles:

Back