• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a mess football would be in if players demanded to be picked. Good defender, but in the few games I've seen him, I can't remember a central defender hitting so many balls straight out for a goal kick or throw in.

Too late to close the door now. The horse (Bolger) is half-way up the M1 ..............

But I do wonder how long it will be before we have a settled, "nailed-on" central defence partnership. We have seen Bolger come and go, Prosser, Egan and Sokilik. And Barrett can't play for ever (although it seems that way at times).

If he don't wanna be at the club then best all round, maybe start fresh pre season:'(

Really settled in when played alongside Barrett,thought he had improved greatly since then, apart from his passing out from the back.Seems strange but is the thinking White can cover if needed with Oneil filling the full back position.

Really settled in when played alongside Barrett,thought he had improved greatly since then, apart from his passing out from the back.Seems strange but is the thinking White can cover if needed with Oneil filling the full back position.

Phil doesn't like White as a central defender, and rightly so. Don't worry, the replacement will be here shortly.

Phil doesn't like White as a central defender, and rightly so. Don't worry, the replacement will be here shortly.

And then his replacement's replacement.

Anyone else tire of the constant churn?

Would be nice if some of PB's signings could establish themselves in the team. Only really Coker has.

I thought White had, but then he was out of the side again.

Only Bentley, Leonard, Coker and (just) Barrett, have started in three-quarters or more of our matches this season.

Next most is Mooney(!) and then it's Bolger.

Lucky to have survived his early sending offs - early bath at Plymouth which should have been earlier and the head butt.

Loses concentration at least once a game and good luck at Bury.

Anyone who saw his performance at Luton will remember that he has a fault line.

Suspect that the replacement will be better and less (allegedly) mouthy.

Disappointing, good player we paid for. Hopefully he will be back in the summer and Brown can bugger off up north.

Lucky to have survived his early sending offs - early bath at Plymouth which should have been earlier and the head butt.

Loses concentration at least once a game and good luck at Bury.

Anyone who saw his performance at Luton will remember that he has a fault line.

Suspect that the replacement will be better and less (allegedly) mouthy.
The Luton game was a disgrace, though not for his performance. He should never have been allowed to continue after his head injury.

For me, he's been the best pairing alongside Barrett, and far superior to Thompson in his reading of the game and his calm approach.

Great news his distribution and concentration is poor, (hence all the mistakes)I would of not paid 25 pence for him!! Let alone 25k.

If a player asks the question why am I not playing....then adds what can I do gaffer to get in.....gaffer then replies be patient son the two in at the moment have the shirt...etc etc....acceptable scenario

Player walks in Barry big bollox and demands to be playing....insisting on going elsewhere.....then I too would send him to a northern ****hole and wish him well.
We obviously have good team spirit why let a third choice centre back rock that ship. Certainly a surprise though.

Hmmmm

Browny wanted him so bad he persuaded Ronald to part with £25,000,now he is surplus to requirements because he demanded first team football !

Constant chopping and changing !

Hmmmm

Browny wanted him so bad he persuaded Ronald to part with £25,000,now he is surplus to requirements because he demanded first team football !

Constant chopping and changing !

Obviously a bit more to it than just that. Otherwise Ron and co would not sanction the move. Be interesting to see who is coming in.

Obviously a bit more to it than just that. Otherwise Ron and co would not sanction the move. Be interesting to see who is coming in.

Dorian Dervite? Now there would be irony in that if it happened.

Of course, it could all be a masterplan :winking:

PB lets him go on loan to Bury
RM decides to sell him at the end of the season
PB then buys him to play for BWFC
CB is already settled back up North by then

Back