• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bolton Wanderers

According to their forum (Bolton's), Brentford have been awarded a 1-0 win for the cancelled match.

According to their forum (Bolton's), Brentford have been awarded a 1-0 win for the cancelled match.

last Saturday the Brentford fans on our train back to London looked as miserable as we did. Yet we can only dream of a 1-0 win. Some people are never happy.

"As a consequence, Bolton Wanderers is now deemed to be guilty of misconduct by the EFL which will result in disciplinary proceedings against the Club being taken at an appropriate time"
Relegated again ??? a fine, or a points deduction to start next season ?

I'd guess 12 point deduction to start next season...

Is that for the inevitable administration the collapse of the sale will cause ?

if the punishment for this disciplinary is a points deduction they could start the season 20 odd points behind ,

All not at all if the EFL don't want them to start a season in Administration without a CVA in place.....

They’re a big club so I imagine a fine and points deducted will suffice but relegation to league two is not out of the question and that’s along with the fine and points deducted.
Wider picture here, if clubs like Bolton are in this much trouble then how do the rest of us survive?
The Premier league will ultimately be the death of the four tier professional game in this country. We never had a chance when we went up to the Championship playing teams with millions from parachute payments. Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas, nothing will change.

Last edited:
Magic, that sums it up quite well. Smaller clubs than us must be in a permanent state of worry.

Magic, that sums it up quite well. Smaller clubs than us must be in a permanent state of worry.

Listen, I’m as guilty as the next man. I watch the EPL and enjoy the matches but it all comes at a cost. How many players from league one and two will end up playing in the Premier League? Hardly any I’d wager. Hell, hardly any from the championship will!
It’s a world wide product designed to make money, which it does in spades. It is not meant for the benefit of the rest of English football.
I’m amazed it’s taken this long but Bolton is just the start.

"It’s a world wide product designed to make money, which it does in spades. It is not meant for the benefit of the rest of English football.
I’m amazed it’s taken this long but Bolton is just the start."

Yes I agree, when players at the top are paid a million a month it's simply morally wrong, in my view.

Right, I've mentioned this on another thread and maybe others have too but if it all goes Pete Tong tomorrow then possibly the mayhem happening at Bolton could come to save us so I just think this desrves a thread of its own.

Bolton have had their postponed game v Brentford scrapped and await FA punishment. In theory it could be harsh - not fulfilling a fixture is frowned upon by the suits.

Linky thing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48151016

Bolton of course are already on the way down to League One, so if the FA want to really kick a team when they are down (they are not usually sensitive souls) then maybe they might just push them down a further league to League Morecambe.

That would then leave League One light of a club. An option could be promoting an extra club from League Two but that is messy - an easier way of balancing things would be to not relegate the club sitting in 21st in League One.

So, if we fail to win tomorrow and, say, Argyle beat Scunny but Walsall fail to win their game then it will be us in 21st.

However, as Elvis will win the game for us in the last second this will all be irrelevant ............. I hope

They'll be placed in admin and have a points deduction next year. They won't be relegated again.

Bolton could end up like Glasgow Rangers, and be liquidated and reborn, this would start in the bottom tier next season, so potentially saving the 21st club in L1?

I’d rather beat Sunderland though, as it’s a bit of a long shot!

Bolton could end up like Glasgow Rangers, and be liquidated and reborn, this would start in the bottom tier next season, so potentially saving the 21st club in L1?

I’d rather beat Sunderland though, as it’s a bit of a long shot!

If they were liquidated and a new club formed then I think they would have to start outside the league. Reason being that Bolton Wanderers would have to transfer their "place" to the new club. If that didn't happened they'd probably start in the Conference and take Gateshead's likely vacant spot.

It's going to be interesting as a lot of teams dace financial troubles. Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield, Gateshead, Notts County.

Back