• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News BOND RESIGNS!

What if commitment isn't enough and we don't get better?

Another former player that everyone loved will now be tainted
No tainting of Powell for me...I refuse to judge any manager given that injury scenario last season.
Agree it's not just about commitment but Ad is that leader of men that often gets players going at this level and he is part of a decent coaching set up in the championship with a club punching above its weight

Adam Barrett is not a manager Just because he bled southend on the pitch it doesn't make him a good manger .Chris powell didn't cut the mustard even with all the injured players . .We need a proven manager .If barrett comes back as a coach great he is learning his trade at millwall .As yet he hasn't cut his teeth in the top job yet .

Surely if you resign then the club doesn't have to pay up your contract?
Unless you and the person firing you agree that a resignation is most beneficial to both parties and also the best way of achieving an exit package that's amicable and also appropriate for both parties. Which I would bet the farm on being 100% what happened today.

Trouble is, Powell galvanised a response for all of five games when he came in (for similar reasons you state about Barrett). A similar 'managerial bounce' would still leave us bang in trouble. Don't need a bounce effect IMO, we need experience. It's a tough job for whoever takes over.

Powell had experience. Bond had experience. Wignall had experience.

Tilson didn't.

Honestly, this ex-player failed, ex-player succeeded argument doesn't have to be a tennis match. Those wanting Barrett are arguing based upon Adam Barrett being Adam Barrett, not Tilson, not Powell, not Bond, and not anyone else.

Yes, he brings commitment, passion and a love for this club. But it's not just about that. As @spanish put it elsewhere.

How on earth do people say Barrett not experienced, he turned professional 17 played 750 games under numerous managers all experienced some good and some bad.been a coach for nearly3 years at Millwall. captained nearly every club he played for, runs his own academy And passed the highest level coaching .not many so called experienced managers can quote that record.

We won't get the perfect manager - not just because he doesn't exist, but because of where and who we are and the best managers are out of our reach. We need to take some risk and, for those of us advocating Barrett, it's because we can see enough signs to show that it's mitigated or balanced against other positives that he brings.

Only the future can prove it to be the wrong or right decision but that would also be the same for any number of also-rans who will be ramming their unproven or proven unsuccessful CVs down our throats right now.

Here is a guy who is passionate about this football club, who has deep experience (just not in the actual hot-seat), who is building a GREAT reputation in coaching if reports are to believed, who could add a lot of value to our failing defence, and who the fans could really rally around.

Anyway, i don't expect everyone to agree - it's just an opinion. But please don't think any of us arguing this one are blinded by passion, commitment or any foolish ex-player dream.

Fantastic news. Let’s take the time to make a good appointment now

Thank God he's gone! Rejoice! Rejoice! It's taken far too long.

Can the damage he has done ever be reversed?

Rot in Hell you evil man!

Whoops! Sorry, I thought this was the Robert Mugabe thread.

I've heard something about a manager coming down from Scotland to talk to Ron, no idea who?

for some reason I looked up Tommy Wright of St Johnstone. Been there a long time, done a great job. Who wouldn't want to manage in the Football League. Might be able to get Shaughnessy playing

I've heard something about a manager coming down from Scotland to talk to Ron, no idea who?

I'll tell you who is Scottish and would be ideal to come in on a caretaker basis and steady the ship whilst Ron sorts out a permanent manager

10668108.jpg

Back