• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Obviously by playing more matches in JPT and FA Cup we're accumulating more bookings too.

I notice that Timlin is only 1 yellow card away from a suspension. We could do with him not picking this up on Saturday, but getting it against Oldham - that way he'd be suspended for the Swindon game which he can't play in anyway for contractual reasons!

Phillips and Kalala are on 4 yellows too, whilst Dickinson and Gilbert are on 3.

Interesting point about Timlin, would the FA have the power to hold the booking over to a match he would be eligible for?? i'm sure there's a precident but can't quite grasp it .. also a "deliberate" booking (especially late on) verses Oldham might lead to a disrepute charge i imagine

Interesting point about Timlin, would the FA have the power to hold the booking over to a match he would be eligible for?? i'm sure there's a precident but can't quite grasp it .. also a "deliberate" booking (especially late on) verses Oldham might lead to a disrepute charge i imagine

Definitely interesting. Wonder if Mick would know? If not, an 88th minute 'controlled' dissent might be order of the day.

Definitely interesting. Wonder if Mick would know? If not, an 88th minute 'controlled' dissent might be order of the day.

... or perhaps a quickly taken free-kick ?

I believe that regardless of whether he is allowed to play, eligible, injured, cup tied etc the suspension is served.

What about the deliberate booking angle Mick ?? unethical of course, but outlawed ??

There have been plenty of suggestions that players had deliberately picked up tactical cautions. Beckham claimed he did it back in 2004 when he knew he had an injury that would keep him out for a few weeks.

Outlawed ? probably, but nigh on impossible to prove if the player concerned is reasonably subtle.

You can view our current disciplinary record at the Football League website here:

Football League Stats

Good linky. Looks like Hall should tone it down a bit. Not just the fact he's racked up 7 yellows already, but he's done so with just 16 fouls!*

*don't know if 'dissent' is counted as a foul for the purposes of these stats? Anyone else know?

I'm all against this "tactical" booking lark - what has the game come to - if I was the referee I would also book the captain as well for ungentlemanly behaviour (or whatever the current politically term is).

Having said that I would have thought time wasting at the end of a game would be considered .........

Instead, the players (and the fans) should be looking at the causes of the bookings - those players booked for not retreating 10 yards, dissent and not taking free-kicks or throw-ins from the right place for example need to take a good look at themselves and ask quite how professional they are .............

.......... the fans are shelling out money and time each week to watch them home and away ....... and in the examples above, the players respond by not even following the rules of the game that we all learnt from the age of 5 or 6.

That might seem harsh - but we need all the players available all the time to maximise our chances of promotion. And that takes higher priority than anything else ...............

Back