• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BOTB: Harry Potters (Shrimper) v Money (Rusty)

Versus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I am asking you all to think about here is not necessarily if HP was a better set of books, but what it meant for a generation.

For vast amounts of my generation these were the only books that were read through the teenage years - nothing else interested the technological generation.

Plus everything else that has come as a result....it must have been pretty good...

What I am asking you all to think about here is not necessarily if HP was a better set of books, but what it meant for a generation.

Ahem, yellow card: we are voting on the books: I'm not of that generation but I read the first four (I think) until they became unwieldly at very, very samey - and beside they were sold with alternative "adult" covers.

You could pit Money against Pokemon cards if that was the case.

Harry Potter for me. The 1st 2 books were a bit too much of a kids book (i know that was the intention lol), but as they got darker, the books got better. But the main reason it gets my vote is that it got kids & teens reading again.

My sons love Harry Potter, and I think it's a wonderful piece of fiction for its target audience. 'Money' is money. It's the ultimate tale of 80s excess, and deserves your vote just because of the Lorne Guyland character, a tiny geriatric actor obsessed with his declining sexuality.

Here's a decent summary: Money

Although the Potters plots got a bit silly at times, they were an incredibly imaginative read. Money, I found a bit too depressing. Tough call as both Money and The Potters are high on the best sellers lists, but the Potters just edge it for me.

Tried to read HP but failed miserabley, too old, too cynical. Money not a favourite but the better bet.

Back