• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Bradford City vs Southend Utd

What's your starting 11 for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After the injury update and hopefully Humphyrs signing.
I would go with this.
Going to have make last minute decision on going up via TZ tomorrow, as probably got a pass.
Think 5.3.2. with three centre backs for this one, with the wing back's more forward than usual.
Stephen Hendrie is the one I would like to squeeze in instead of Elvis, but cant see that working
If Humphrys does not sign got to be Theo in and McLaughlin on the bench.

Bishop
Bwomono White Turner Moore Hart
Yearwood Dieng Mantom
Cox Humphrys
Subs Smith. Hendrie. Hutchinson. Kightly, Kelman. Hyam, Robinson.

I think that’s what you’ll see tomorrow but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Hyam in ahead of Dru...

CP really won’t want to concede a goal tomorrow and will opt for safety first

I think that’s what you’ll see tomorrow but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Hyam in ahead of Dru...

CP really won’t want to concede a goal tomorrow and will opt for safety first
That tactic simply doesn’t work. We have seen it many times this season.

So much of our game seems to be confidence and mentality, going all defensive does not work and inspires going all defending and little offensive aspirations. We need to get on the front foot and work as a team.

I was told they will come out all guns blazing. I think we need to get 1 or 2 quick early goals to knock their confidence

suspect a loss, we seem to be in chaos behind the scenes and Bradford have turned a corner and have something to fight for being in the zone. We are going to coast into a relegation battle without realising it I fear.

Only two defeats in their last six and they were against Barnsley and Sunderland. In the other four they have dispatched Walsall, Scunny, Rochdale and Accrington.........scoring 13 and conceding 0! Even if we were confident and with anything that resembled a first choice selection, I think we'd find it difficult. Plus the fact that they will be smarting from their Barnsley defeat last week and of course Payne is bound to score. Not that I want to depress anyone! :Winking:

As much as I’d love to see Kelman start are we expecting too much from him too soon?

Assuming Oxley and Bunn are still injured I've gone with:

Bishop
Bwonomo White Moore Hendrie
Yearwood Mantom Dieng Hart
Humphreys Cox
I'm dropping Turner particularly lethargic Saturday and distribution is nonexistent. Hendrie keeps his place because Hart's Wikipedia page says he can play left-wing and Humphreys to start if possible. I'd love Kelman to start but I think his energy will fade after 45 minutes, and would be better used as a sub. Plus Cox's frustration has been growing in recent weeks if we can elevate that today with some strong support we should!

Assuming Oxley and Bunn are still injured I've gone with:

Bishop
Bwonomo White Moore Hendrie
Yearwood Mantom Dieng Hart
Humphreys Cox
I'm dropping Turner particularly lethargic Saturday and distribution is nonexistent. Hendrie keeps his place because Hart's Wikipedia page says he can play left-wing and Humphreys to start if possible. I'd love Kelman to start but I think his energy will fade after 45 minutes, and would be better used as a sub. Plus Cox's frustration has been growing in recent weeks if we can elevate that today with some strong support we should!

I am okay with this line up, maybe interchange Hart and Hendrie, or put MacL or Kites on left wing BUT standard 4 4 2 and I agree about Turner's last performance: I think there are a few walking wounded that we don't know about and they might include Turner, Hendrie, Mantom, Hyem, Cox for example.

Powell said he is expecting a direct style from them, so I think he'll select Turner. I dont know why he thinks that though. Doyle is hardly a huge number 9 and I'm fairly sure Payne doesn't full into that category either. Maybethey just like putting lots of crosses into the box.

I'm not sure who are the best defenders to select for that. Turner was poor last week but so was White. Let's hope Moore can play.

suspect a loss, we seem to be in chaos behind the scenes and Bradford have turned a corner and have something to fight for being in the zone. We are going to coast into a relegation battle without realising it I fear.

Damn it, we seem not be quite as **** and hopeless as you hoped. We might accidentally not be relegated this year if we’re not careful

Looking at humprys stepping off the coach at Bradford, he looks like a right physical lump, his gonna bash up defences:Smile:

Damn it, we seem not be quite as **** and hopeless as you hoped. We might accidentally not be relegated this year if we’re not careful

Maybe I should just choose to bury my head in the sand and ignore the problems? Is there really any point in attacking fellow fans just because they share a different perspective to your own?

I don't think you should bury your head in the stand. The club has problems for sure, but perhaps not as bad as you persistently post. An encouraging post when we do well would be welcome.

Were currently up to 11th. if results go for us, we could be up to 9th.

2nd half will be interesting, if we can survive 46-60 minutes, we should (in theory) nab another one, as they have conceded 26 goals in the the second half.

Back