• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Am thinking of making a weekend of it, driving up on Fri morn, pitching tent, going to the game and then on the Sat taking in another game someone in the area (at a ground I've not previously visited - poss Sheff Utd, and maybe on the Sun, Bolton - all in the quest of reaching the '92).

Might have a couple of my kids with me so the other games on Sat/Sun might not turn in to reality, perhaps trading one for a theme park somewhere.

Anyway, re the camp site can't say I'm too tempted by the immediate Bradford area. Drove through there last Summer and felt the need when stuck in traffic to lock the car doors. However, somewhere in the surrounding countryside might not be too shabby - any tips?

Anyone else thinking of doing similar?

A couple of seasons ago I had an enjoyable camp trip to the end of season trip to Carlisle and sunk a few beers with Genial Harry Grout over two eve's.

The area around Keighley is very nice, if not then maybe venture further out towards Haworth or Ilkley. It's stunning up there!

Funnily enough, we might be doing both Southend and Sheffield United that weekend cos my parents are up and I live around the corner from Bramall Lane.

I went camping in Bradford once... was intents.

That's a Frank Skinner 1995 Original.

Paddy and Murphy went on a camping trip. They decided to go fishing. They rented a boat and fished in a lake every day. One day they caught 30 fish. Paddy said to his friend, "Mark this spot so that we can come back here again tomorrow." The next day, when they were driving to rent the boat, Paddy asked Murphy, "Did you mark that spot?" Murphy replied, "Yeah, I put a big 'X' on the bottom of the boat." Paddy said, "You stupid fool! What if we don't get the same boat?"

A young couple were out in the woods on a camping trip, when they came upon this beautiful brook surrounded by lovely lush greenery. They stayed there all day and enjoyed a very nice picnic. At the end of the day, they vowed that they would meet on the same day and time in twenty years time, even if they wasn't together, at the same place and renew the experience.
Twenty years later, they met and travelled to a spot near where they had been years before. They walked into the woods and before long came upon a brook. The man said, "This is the place!.'' The woman replied, "No, it's not!" The man said, "Yes it is, I recognize the clover growing on the bank on the other side.'' To which the woman replied, "Silly, Don't you know, you can't tell a brook by it's clover."

tumbleweed.jpg

Seeing as we're suffering from a bit of :hijack:

I'd say (as mentioned above) anywhere around the Otley, Ilkely, Harrogate or Skipton areas would be excelent for camp sites.

Seeing as we're suffering from a bit of :hijack:

I'd say (as mentioned above) anywhere around the Otley, Ilkely, Harrogate or Skipton areas would be excelent for camp sites.

Only half a hijack, as the jokes are about camping.

You're right Glasgow, I passed through Harrogate once. Looks like a brilliant town and certainly very nice countryside.

Thanks for tips, and the jokes. On finding a friendly local, if the place is a bit quiet I now have a gag or two. Terrific. A few Yorkshiremen jokes and I'll be sorted.

Your request is my command Suffolk.

Q: How many Yorkshiremen does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Four.
One to change it, one to hold his racing pigeon, one to hold his whippet, and one to drink his pint of bitter.

In the 1970s, two dedicated Yorkshiremen were at the match.

One discovered that he'd left his wallet at home and his friend offered to go back for it. He returned pale and shaken.

''I've got bad news for thee, Bob. Your wife's run off and left thee, and your house 'as burned to the ground!''

''I've got worse news for thee, lad. Boycott's out.''

Two southern businessmen in London - were sitting down for a break in their soon-to-be new store. As yet, the store wasn’t ready, with only a few shelves set up.

One said to the other, "I bet any minute now some thick tourist is going to walk by, put his face to the window and ask what we’re selling."
No sooner were the words out of his mouth when, sure enough, a curious Yorkshireman walked to the window, had a peek, and in a broad Yorkshire accent asked "Ay up, what’s tha sellin ere then?"
One of the men replied sarcastically, "We’re selling *** - holes
Without skipping a beat, the Yorkshireman said, "Tha"s doing well .....
Only two left!"

A couple are playing 'I spy' in the kitchen of their home in Yorkshire.
''I spy with my little eye something beginning with t'' said the husband.
"Tea pot said the wife." ''Nay Lass!''
"Tea towel." ''Nay Lass!''
"Toaster." ''Nay Lass!'' he said, drumming his fingers on the work top.
"Oh I don't know" she said at long last "I give in."
''It's easy Lass'' he said. ''It's t'oven!''

Hope these will do Suffolk.
P.S. When you're up there, don't bother asking a Yorkshireman, ''Have you lived here all your life?''
The usual answer is............... ''I don't know yet, ya daft southern bugger.''

Camp in Brafford City itself, i think they're are used to seeing many people crammed into accomadation there, i here most places have 3 sisters 4 brothers, the grandparents and the new baby all in 1 room.

You wont be far from the Yorkshire Dales.

Places like keld, Hawes or Aysgarth have a few very decent campsites. Enjoy! I'm thinking of doing the same now.

Last edited:
Your request is my command Suffolk.

Q: How many Yorkshiremen does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Four.
One to change it, one to hold his racing pigeon, one to hold his whippet, and one to drink his pint of bitter.

In the 1970s, two dedicated Yorkshiremen were at the match.

One discovered that he'd left his wallet at home and his friend offered to go back for it. He returned pale and shaken.

''I've got bad news for thee, Bob. Your wife's run off and left thee, and your house 'as burned to the ground!''

''I've got worse news for thee, lad. Boycott's out.''

Two southern businessmen in London - were sitting down for a break in their soon-to-be new store. As yet, the store wasn’t ready, with only a few shelves set up.

One said to the other, "I bet any minute now some thick tourist is going to walk by, put his face to the window and ask what we’re selling."
No sooner were the words out of his mouth when, sure enough, a curious Yorkshireman walked to the window, had a peek, and in a broad Yorkshire accent asked "Ay up, what’s tha sellin ere then?"
One of the men replied sarcastically, "We’re selling *** - holes
Without skipping a beat, the Yorkshireman said, "Tha"s doing well .....
Only two left!"

A couple are playing 'I spy' in the kitchen of their home in Yorkshire.
''I spy with my little eye something beginning with t'' said the husband.
"Tea pot said the wife." ''Nay Lass!''
"Tea towel." ''Nay Lass!''
"Toaster." ''Nay Lass!'' he said, drumming his fingers on the work top.
"Oh I don't know" she said at long last "I give in."
''It's easy Lass'' he said. ''It's t'oven!''

Hope these will do Suffolk.
P.S. When you're up there, don't bother asking a Yorkshireman, ''Have you lived here all your life?''
The usual answer is............... ''I don't know yet, ya daft southern bugger.''

Good stuff!!

Camp in Brafford City itself, i think they're are used to seeing many people crammed into accomadation there, i here most places have 3 sisters 4 brothers, the grandparents and the new baby all in 1 room.

Yer, Inglund for teh Inglish!!!!

Am thinking of making a weekend of it, driving up on Fri morn, pitching tent, going to the game and then on the Sat taking in another game someone in the area (at a ground I've not previously visited - poss Sheff Utd, and maybe on the Sun, Bolton - all in the quest of reaching the '92).

Might have a couple of my kids with me so the other games on Sat/Sun might not turn in to reality, perhaps trading one for a theme park somewhere.

Anyway, re the camp site can't say I'm too tempted by the immediate Bradford area. Drove through there last Summer and felt the need when stuck in traffic to lock the car doors. However, somewhere in the surrounding countryside might not be too shabby - any tips?

Anyone else thinking of doing similar?

A couple of seasons ago I had an enjoyable camp trip to the end of season trip to Carlisle and sunk a few beers with Genial Harry Grout over two eve's.

That Jennings beer was lovely. You have picked one poxy place to camp and as far as I can see, Bradford has one site which looks over priced and not very good. However, I have found something more suitable. It's a little further up the motorway but I know the area and it is pleasant, friendly and safe. Follow the link.

http://www.bigfreeguide.com/camping/detail/campsites/whixley-lodge-campsite/2220.html

Back