• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

amsemp

Director⭐
So he's finally here and Friday's trip to Bradford will be the man from Del Monte's first game in charge.

Some of our posters will be more aware of Brown's style of play, preferred tactics and formations, so what team would you expect/like to see? Can anyone see recalls for BBBC, Smith or Leonard? Will Eastwood keep his place? Hoofball?

Judging by this... http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/phil-brown/spiele/trainer_1690_466.html it seems 4-4-2 is his preferred formation, but it also looks like he can and does mix it up a bit. Different tactics for different oppo maybe?

Personally I think we can expect to see a similar XI to Plymouth whilst he casts his eye over what Luggy felt was our strongest team but wouldn't mind seeing a 4-3-3:

Bentley

Clohessy Cresswell Mohsni Straker

Tam
Hurst Reeves

Assombalonga Eastwood Tomlin

Think Tam will need to be on his game and not let Nahki Wells out of his sight otherwise we could get hurt. Bradford go into the game with 1 win in 5 which came in their last game against Wycombe. We also go into the game with 1 win in 5 but with the 'new manager buzz', our not too shabby away form and potentially the return of some key players. So I think we might edge it.

I'm all out of optimism now :smile:

COYB!

So he's finally here and Friday's trip to Bradford will be the man from Del Monte's first game in charge.

Some of our posters will be more aware of Brown's style of play, preferred tactics and formations, so what team would you expect/like to see? Can anyone see recalls for BBBC, Smith or Leonard? Will Eastwood keep his place? Hoofball?

Judging by this... http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/phil-brown/spiele/trainer_1690_466.html it seems 4-4-2 is his preferred formation, but it also looks like he can and does mix it up a bit. Different tactics for different oppo maybe?

Personally I think we can expect to see a similar XI to Plymouth whilst he casts his eye over what Luggy felt was our strongest team but wouldn't mind seeing a 4-3-3:

Bentley

Tam
Hurst Reeves

Think Tam will need to be on his game and not let Nahki Wells out of his sight otherwise we could get hurt. Bradford go into the game with 1 win in 5 which came in their last game against Wycombe. We also go into the game with 1 win in 5 but with the 'new manager buzz', our not too shabby away form and potentially the return of some key players. So I think we might edge it.

COYB!

seemsa bit early for one of these but oh well. I have to agree with the wells and tam thing you said. On the prediction league i said a 2-1 win to us but though wells will get their goal. Have to say as well, every manager has a home or away preference, just look at northampton, but ive got a feeling he might improve our home record, but i love having a great away record, but with him i think it might go to pot away from home but hope im wrong.

Probably the first time I can say I have no idea what the line up will be.

Have no idea although would like to see if poss,

Bentley

Clohessy Cresswell Moshni Prosser

Hurst Lund Tam Reeves

Eastwood Corr

It is still very cold up here, and while the roads are clear I understand the pitch is still under several inches of snow. A Bradford supporting chum thinks the game is in doubt especially if we have more snow.

Bentley

Tam
Hurst Reeves

COYB!

Have no idea although would like to see if poss,

Bentley

Clohessy Cresswell Moshni Prosser

Hurst Lund Tam Reeves

Eastwood Corr

I'll be incredibly annoyed if the man brought into assess the squad for next season picks three loanees.

It will be short-termism at it's worst.

It is still very cold up here, and while the roads are clear I understand the pitch is still under several inches of snow. A Bradford supporting chum thinks the game is in doubt especially if we have more snow.

Just started snowing again.

Not sounding good. We really would have a fixture pile up if it is called off.

Mind you, I see Guernsey FC have 17 matches in April and quite a few of them are away games which are not exactly easy to get to!

I'll be incredibly annoyed if the man brought into assess the squad for next season picks three loanees.

Hope this is tongue in cheek. Until its mathematically impossible for us to make the playoffs we've got to fight for a win in every game and so play the strongest lineup available. Who cares if they're loanees. He'll still have every day in training to assess them.

Oh and just for the record I think we have no chance of making the playoffs now

Hope this is tongue in cheek. Until its mathematically impossible for us to make the playoffs we've got to fight for a win in every game and so play the strongest lineup available. Who cares if they're loanees. He'll still have every day in training to assess them.

Oh and just for the record I think we have no chance of making the playoffs now

Other than a mathematic one ?

Well who's going to get sent off this time?

Last two matches at Bradford City (both on Fridays) saw three Southend players dismissed (strictly only two, one was dismissed twice!).

Add to that a referee who sent off 8 players (including BBBC) in his first 11 games and it looks ominous. (However someone may have had a word with him as he's had no red cards since!). Details to follow in Refwatch.

Parkinson and Brown are good mates, they were together at Hull city when Parky had his ill fated stint as manager there and Brown was his assistant, when Parky left Brown took over as manager of course, they will know each others style inside out so I expect this game will be tight.

...................................................paul smith............................
Sean clohessey....ryan cresswell...darren moore....nicky hunt

nicky barmy.....kevan hurst.......jimmy bullard... Dean windass

......................freddy eastwood....kevin davies........................

His main aim currently is to get us into the play-offs. I am happy for him to use whoever he has at his disposal to make this happen

His main aim currently is to get us into the play-offs. I am happy for him to use whoever he has at his disposal to make this happen

Then why was Ron waffling on about the next 7-8 games being an opportunity for players to prove their ability and how there is a steep learning curve and getting to grips with "players ability" (sic) and how it takes time?

Doubt Wells will start, according to my Bradford friend he has been poor recently and he has only been getting 10 or 15 minutes here and there. Hanson can't hit a barn door but he won a hell of a lot of headers at the Hall earlier this year and if he was half decent would have scored two in the first 15 minutes.

Back