• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

In other news, 3500 army personnel are going to mobilised in the event of a no deal. In peace time. And people voted for this? :Zipped:

In other news, 3500 army personnel are going to mobilised in the event of a no deal. In peace time. And people voted for this? :Zipped:

They do this all the time MK - during the fuel protests, civil disorder etc - plus who can forget the 'Green Goddesses'. Its a normal part of their role (especially in peacetime).

They’ll need to mobilise more than that if Brexit is cancelled.

If only 1% of the 17.4m decide that they’re ****ed off enough to display a show of force, it’ll be bedlam on the streets.

If only 1% of the 17.4m decide that they’re ****ed off enough to display a show of force, it’ll be bedlam on the streets.

In any scenario, no deal or no brexit, there should be a message put out that anyone participating in lawless behaviour will be punished to the full extent of the law. Processed and punished quickly like the riots a few years back.

In any scenario, no deal or no brexit, there should be a message put out that anyone participating in lawless behaviour will be punished to the full extent of the law. Processed and punished quickly like the riots a few years back.
I can't see it personally, I think people have just been bored by it all. Slowest car crash ever - but still those in power don't swerve.

Depends if it's pension day.

In all seriousness we're going to have it irregardless of how this all pans out. This country will probably face some massive issues next year and people will die because of Brexit be it if we leave or stay.

Depends if it's pension day.

In all seriousness we're going to have it irregardless of how this all pans out. This country will probably face some massive issues next year and people will die because of Brexit be it if we leave or stay.

You really do believe the **** you post don't you? I've met some right royal drama queens in my time but my God, you really do take top spot.

You really do believe the **** you post don't you? I've met some right royal drama queens in my time but my God, you really do take top spot.

You're just in denial thinking things are all going to be rosy. It won't, not by a long stretch. Leave or remain there will be riots in this country next year. I'll save this post but I hope I won't have a "told you so" moment but I bet I will.

I'm not in denial, nor do I think things will be rosy. Come 'in' or 'out' I know there will be trouble, I fully accept that, but saying there will be trouble and then going on to say there will be deaths directly attributable to the Brexit outcome is another thing completely.

I can just see it now. Some guy (leave or remain) is protesting in central London or Birmingham or wherever and the poor chap has a stroke and sadly dies and there you will be, screaming from a rooftop saying 'I told you so'

I get that Brexit really hurts you and the Tories even more so but come on chap, get a bloody grip.

Bullet points as that was long!

- some MPs / members not behind the current set up. Inevitable. Membership is more than double what it was 2 years ago so you lose some and win lots more, sounds like a good result. MPs - there are some coming from a different start point that are a valuable asset Kier Starmer for eg and some that really are from a different age - Kate Hoey for e.g. It is what it is.
- Polls. Labour made up 20 polling % between April and June last year. Only poll that matters is an election
- I am reasonable and so is the policy
- renationalisation can be done in a pragmatic way. Train franchisees get renewed as they expire. As it stands we bail out the non profit making lines and don't share the profits of the others.
- Water companies pay out large dividends, that can come back into the public coffers. No private company came up with the idea of water, it should belong to all of us
- Tuition fees is madness. £12bn dumped on the national debt this week and 6% interest being charged on it. Tory incompetence at its most base.
- National debt has more than doubled in 8 Tory years. In they time they have borrowed more than all Labour governments added together. Spending spiralling is a reason to get rid of the Tories not to keep them.
- Rees-Mogg - he very much wanted rid of her last week so who knows what he is playing at.
- Futile vote. Have you seen PMQs? Two hours of futility trying to get the PM to answer a Q. Why not with a futile vote? It highlights her further Brexit delays and in her not allowing time in Parliament to hold the vote against her it highlights her Henry VIII style of politics. I'd say those two things have value.

Don't want to be too pedantic, I'd probably prefer to leave it that we don't exactly see eye to eye over a few things. Yet I would pick up on the vote of no confidence issue (one of the things we don't see eye to eye about! :Smile:) It would appear, according to a 'skynews exclusive,' that not everyone was singing from the same song sheet on this issue.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-w...rbyn-over-no-confidence-omnishambles-11585316

OK, I suppose you'll say skynews is not exactly sympathetic to the Labour Party. Is it fake news or just skynews exaggerating a minor disagreement? If it is true it does rather back up what I said earlier about Corbyn being better to have done nothing and hold his fire. This way, it does unfortunately look a bit shambolic.

So, can someone advise me for next year. Do I stay in France and face the anarchy and insurrection of the gilet jaune, or do I return to the chaos of post-Brexit Britain? :Smile:

Try and time any travel plans to the UK well before the end of March 2019. :Winking:

Which is a pity because I'm rather interested in our last home game to Sunderland on May 4th.:Scared:

Last edited:
So, can someone advise me for next year. Do I stay in France and face the anarchy and insurrection of the gilet jaune, or do I return to the chaos of post-Brexit Britain? :Smile:

The new tactic is to block roundabout. Brings the whole country to a stand still. Cant get charged with anything serious

The police in France are putting yellow vests on the front dash, to show support. That is why Macron has caved in.

That's why our lot fear the thing they want so desperately, The Losers vote.

Back