• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Don't want to be too pedantic, I'd probably prefer to leave it that we don't exactly see eye to eye over a few things. Yet I would pick up on the vote of no confidence issue (one of the things we don't see eye to eye about! :Smile:) It would appear, according to a 'skynews exclusive,' that not everyone was singing from the same song sheet on this issue.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-w...rbyn-over-no-confidence-omnishambles-11585316

OK, I suppose you'll say skynews is not exactly sympathetic to the Labour Party. Is it fake news or just skynews exaggerating a minor disagreement? If it is true it does rather back up what I said earlier about Corbyn being better to have done nothing and hold his fire. This way, it does unfortunately look a bit shambolic.
to be honest that report contains a lot of info that we all know and agree on - that a no confidence vote won't pass without DUP rejecting their paymasters, and then it moves onto quotes from unnamed persons. The quotes are pretty standard and tbh I think they don't name the people not to protect them but because the reaction would be 'Chris Leslie, whatever'.

Did you see the footage of May when the no confidence vote was announced? She looked like she was going to cry then as soon as Corbyn had finished the announcement she stood up and walked out. Her next action was for No 10 to issue the dictate that they would not allow time for the vote to happen.

George Osborne's Evening Standard and others can try to spin it but that's not a good look for the leader of a democracy.

to be honest that report contains a lot of info that we all know and agree on - that a no confidence vote won't pass without DUP rejecting their paymasters, and then it moves onto quotes from unnamed persons. The quotes are pretty standard and tbh I think they don't name the people not to protect them but because the reaction would be 'Chris Leslie, whatever'.

Did you see the footage of May when the no confidence vote was announced? She looked like she was going to cry then as soon as Corbyn had finished the announcement she stood up and walked out. Her next action was for No 10 to issue the dictate that they would not allow time for the vote to happen.

George Osborne's Evening Standard and others can try to spin it but that's not a good look for the leader of a democracy.
What democracy is that then? We have a government that had more votes against it than for it (42.4% of the vote), and one that had to buy off another party with our money to get power to boot. I don't call that democracy!

Clinging on to power is everything to the Tories, who believe it is their divine right. They will sacrifice everything to hang on to it and do whatever it takes, however it harms the national interest. Democracy is just a word they pay lip service to. Ok, the government did not have to make time for the censure motion and thanks to the innately treacherous nature of the DUP would probably have won it anyway but to have had the debate would at least have shown a bit of respect for parliament.

Clinging on to power is everything to the Tories, who believe it is their divine right. They will sacrifice everything to hang on to it and do whatever it takes, however it harms the national interest. Democracy is just a word they pay lip service to. Ok, the government did not have to make time for the censure motion and thanks to the innately treacherous nature of the DUP would probably have won it anyway but to have had the debate would at least have shown a bit of respect for parliament.

Respect and Parliament,now there's two words not seen in the same sentence to often,lets just respect the original vote result,LEAVE.

Corbyn invited to convicted IRA bombers for tour round Westminster just 2 weeks after the Brighton bombing which killed 5 and some were still in intensive care fighting for their lives.

In other news, 3500 army personnel are going to mobilised in the event of a no deal. In peace time. And people voted for this? :Zipped:

At least we know that coudn't happen under a labour government with Diane 'every defeat for the British is to be celebrated' Abbott as home secretary.

What if veterans of their units show then the scars from nail bombs in NI, along with all those pictures of JC at IRA funerals. Or the speech where Abbott calls for their defeat in NI and says Protestants are like white settlers in Africa and should be driven from the land.

Who organised a 200,000 signature protest to save six 17 year old army recruits their jobs. That would be Tommy Robinson. Their crime was of course having a selfie with the man himself.

Most of the Army ( the ones that do the actual fighting ) will be Brexit and from Brexit families.
So by all means unleash them on the Brexit yellow vests when it inevitably happens. I'm rather looking forward to it. The good news is so are plenty of others.

What we voted for MK was democracy.....A one of vote that could never be changed.

Who I feel sorry for are the 1000's of decent people who voted remain but where happy to respect the result. Their voice has been drowned by the those on grandiose pedestals who intend by any means to overthrow democracy.

Well know this, there are people who are more than happy to do whatever it takes to stop you...... They except the consequences and are prepared to pay the price.

At least we know that coudn't happen under a labour government with Diane 'every defeat for the British is to be celebrated' Abbott as home secretary.

What if veterans of their units show then the scars from nail bombs in NI, along with all those pictures of JC at IRA funerals. Or the speech where Abbott calls for their defeat in NI and says Protestants are like white settlers in Africa and should be driven from the land.

Who organised a 200,000 signature protest to save six 17 year old army recruits their jobs. That would be Tommy Robinson. Their crime was of course having a selfie with the man himself.

Most of the Army ( the ones that do the actual fighting ) will be Brexit and from Brexit families.
So by all means unleash them on the Brexit yellow vests when it inevitably happens. I'm rather looking forward to it. The good news is so are plenty of others.

What we voted for MK was democracy.....A one of vote that could never be changed.

Who I feel sorry for are the 1000's of decent people who voted remain but where happy to respect the result. Their voice has been drowned by the those on grandiose pedestals who intend by any means to overthrow democracy.

Well know this, there are people who are more than happy to do whatever it takes to stop you...... They except the consequences and are prepared to pay the price.
Can we give Rigsby another thread for his hero 'Tommy' please?
The reason he organised a petition is because he was the one who dragged them into disrepute in the first place by posting photos of them fraternising with a far right football thug. Two lots of publicity for him and another chance to play the victim - win win.

Can we give Rigsby another thread for his hero 'Tommy' please?
The reason he organised a petition is because he was the one who dragged them into disrepute in the first place by posting photos of them fraternising with a far right football thug. Two lots of publicity for him and another chance to play the victim - win win.

The post was not about TR but about the Traitors in the Labour party, the one who support the IRA and the danger of threating to use troops on our streets.

If you don't like my post put me on ignore.

100 days to go to Brexit.Can't wait. :Scared:
On a tab on my browser I have a house that we're looking to view in NW England
On another tab I've got a job description open for a role in San Francisco. America may not be politically better but at least the weather is good

Pretty sure that says 'Tommy Robinson'.

On another tab I've got a job description open for a role in San Francisco. America may not be politically better but at least the weather is good

San Francisco is incredibly expensive.

I hope that job pays Phat Stax.

Lucky you. Trump will be history shortly.

......On another tab I've got a job description open for a role in San Francisco. America may not be politically better but at least the weather is good

I see the similarity here; a metaphorical fault line that runs through Parliament currently - or an actual one you can go and live on; sounds like you like livin' on the edge :Smile2:

But you're absolutely right, San Fran is a fabulous place :Thumbs up:

Plus your position of white privilege will go a lot further in the US as the divide is much greater.

I see the similarity here; a metaphorical fault line that runs through Parliament currently - or an actual one you can go and live on; sounds like you like livin' on the edge :Smile2:

But you're absolutely right, San Fran is a fabulous place :Thumbs up:
I'd rather be swallowed up by an earthquake than spend the next 30 years on misery island.

Back