• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Got this mail this morning..............must rush to get my membership application in. :Winking: Talking about mysogynist behaviour, it's strange she doesn't make any mention of those two Tory MP's who were suspended for alleged sex offences..........and then
suddenly reinstated when May needed them for her no confidence vote.

Today at Prime Minister’s Questions Jeremy Corbyn called Theresa May a ‘stupid woman’.

This is just the latest in a long line of misogynistic behaviour from Corbyn and his top team.

Jeremy Corbyn ‘mansplained’ to the Prime Minister on International Women’s Day, called for women only train carriages and has a Shadow Chancellor who called a female MP a ‘b****’ and said she should be lynched.

Show them you won’t stand for this by joining the Conservative Party today.

We’re supporting more women to go as far as their talents will take them. Including tackling the abuse and intimidation women face in public life.

On top of this, with a Conservative government the female employment rate is close to a record high and the gender pay gap is at a record low.

That’s why I’m incredibly proud to be the Party’s Vice Chair for Women – join me as a member of the Conservative Party today.

Yours

Helen Whately MP
Conservative Party Vice Chair, Women

That was then, this is now.

I’m sure that none of his previous attempts at becoming an MP, have occurred during such tumultuous times, where people felt like they had no party to support.

If that were the case, how do you explain the vast swathes of lefty’s who directly apportion blame to Farage, for lying to the public?

I can’t be arsed to go back over all your posts from the last two years, but I’d be amazed if you yourself hadn’t laid some form of blame at his door. So to now dismiss his involvement as significant, is quite odd.

So to clarify, you genuinely believe that these people, these career politicians, carried more sway with the average working class person, during the referendum than Farage did?

Which is lovely, but totally besides the point, as you wouldn’t be the target demographic for supporting a new party, lead by Farage.[/QUOTE]
I agree that with the Tories trashing Brexit many right wing Leave voters will feel homeless. I expect some – but not that many – will switch back to UKIP. I expect many more will become apathetic and not vote at all. If Farage started a new party I expect that would split the UKIP vote and not be able to field enough candidates throughout the country to make any real impact. It’s implausible to create a nationwide party in a short space of time.

I don’t think many people do apportion a lot of blame to Farage for lying. With him it was constant – whatever the question his answer would be ‘EU…’ and then something negative. I think his impact was to take enough votes from the Tories that Cameron felt the need to hold a referendum. During the campaign he was overshadowed – as everyone was – by Tory infighting.

That was the news, not Farage saying the same thing he had for decades. Boris Johnson was the source of the big Brexit lies. Farage by then was comparatively a nonentity.

Career politicians vs Farage. Really? He was a member of the Conservative Party since the 70’s and became UKIP leader when quiting his job as City trader. He has been an MEP for 20 years. How long do you have to be in a job before it is a career?

Got this mail this morning..............must rush to get my membership application in. :Winking: Talking about mysogynist behaviour, it's strange she doesn't make any mention of those two Tory MP's who were suspended for alleged sex offences..........and then
suddenly reinstated when May needed them for her no confidence vote.

Today at Prime Minister’s Questions Jeremy Corbyn called Theresa May a ‘stupid woman’.

This is just the latest in a long line of misogynistic behaviour from Corbyn and his top team.

Jeremy Corbyn ‘mansplained’ to the Prime Minister on International Women’s Day, called for women only train carriages and has a Shadow Chancellor who called a female MP a ‘b****’ and said she should be lynched.

Show them you won’t stand for this by joining the Conservative Party today.

We’re supporting more women to go as far as their talents will take them. Including tackling the abuse and intimidation women face in public life.

On top of this, with a Conservative government the female employment rate is close to a record high and the gender pay gap is at a record low.

That’s why I’m incredibly proud to be the Party’s Vice Chair for Women – join me as a member of the Conservative Party today.

Yours

Helen Whately MP
Conservative Party Vice Chair, Women
Their long line seems to be 'stupid woman' - which he said is not what he said, 'mansplaining' and McDonnell quoting someone else. Not the longest line I've ever seen, maybe she has had the good fortune not to need to visit A&E recently.

I agree that with the Tories trashing Brexit many right wing Leave voters will feel homeless. I expect some – but not that many – will switch back to UKIP.

It seems UKIP are too preoccupied with Tommy Robinson and Muslims to focus their energy on Brexit at the moment, so I agree that they’ll claw some support back, but not a lot.

I expect many more will become apathetic and not vote at all. If Farage started a new party I expect that would split the UKIP vote and not be able to field enough candidates throughout the country to make any real impact. It’s implausible to create a nationwide party in a short space of time.

The Implausibility factor is debateable, but it’s certainly not impossible. Afterall where there’s a will, there’s a way. I’m sure there will be plenty of wealthy right-wing/pro-Brexit benefactors ready to step in and help financially.
I don’t think many people do apportion a lot of blame to Farage for lying. With him it was constant – whatever the question his answer would be ‘EU…’ and then something negative. I think his impact was to take enough votes from the Tories that Cameron felt the need to hold a referendum. During the campaign he was overshadowed – as everyone was – by Tory infighting

Come on, you yourself have said that people who voted for Brexit, did so because of the lies that were peddled by the likes of Farage. I thought that was the whole point of a second referendum, because now those lies have been uncovered, the people can make a more informed decision?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Is that not apportioning blame?

That was the news, not Farage saying the same thing he had for decades. Boris Johnson was the source of the big Brexit lies. Farage by then was comparatively a nonentity.

With respect, that’s just nonsense. At no point of the Brexit fiasco has Nigel Farage been a nonentity

Career politicians vs Farage. Really? He was a member of the Conservative Party since the 70’s and became UKIP leader when quiting his job as City trader. He has been an MEP for 20 years. How long do you have to be in a job before it is a career?

I meant that leading up to & during the referendum, he was rightly or wrongly, portrayed as a man of the people, who was different from the usual politician type.

It seems UKIP are too preoccupied with Tommy Robinson and Muslims to focus their energy on Brexit at the moment, so I agree that they’ll claw some support back, but not a lot.

The Implausibility factor is debateable, but it’s certainly not impossible. Afterall where there’s a will, there’s a way. I’m sure there will be plenty of wealthy right-wing/pro-Brexit benefactors ready to step in and help financially.
Yes, the Robinson effect has scared off most of UKIPs recognisible names. I guess a certain percentage of voters won't be aware of that though - politics is a turn off for most people.

UKIP have mainly been funded by money left to them in wills recently apparently. Aaron Banks was no longer bank rolling them and the had to return sizeable amount of EU funds and also a payout for slandering Labour MPs. A new party wouldn't have those drawbacks but not the revenue either. Agreed you never know who will stump up money - Mr Wetherspoon maybe?

Archer's case was different as his lies were effectively harmful to someone else. There was a LibDem MP and his wife (names escape me) - she took his driving offence and she did time, think he did too.

It wasn't a centre-left politician, it was a centre-left midfielder

iu

I think the EU, led by Juncker, Tusk, Verhofstadt, Merkel and Macron have done that by themselves.
On the contrary, the EU are showing great solidarity over Brexit with every national leader keeping in step, despite May's fruitless efforts to try to drive a wedge between them.

The way the present government has dealt with Brexit is virtually beyond words to describe. There are words to describe Labour's position and sadly they're not very nice. I'm not the only one that, at times, gets exasperated by their approach............

The way the present government has dealt with Brexit is virtually beyond words to describe. There are words to describe Labour's position and sadly they're not very nice. I'm not the only one that, at times, gets exasperated by their approach............

The approach is to respect the referendum result and to give May the opportunity to make Brexit workable. Sounds reasonable no?
We are not at the point of her offering her deal to Parliament until mid January. When that is rejected Labour will lay out their policy from that point. It's a frustrating wait but to respect democracy they have to wait till May has failed to deliver on the result.

Labour don't have a workable solution to the Brexit problem, they never have and they won't have one in the middle of January. If they did snippets of it would have been leaked by now and that's just not happened.
You think they should reject the Government's right to present a deal to Parliament? If not how can they pursue a policy that preempts that?

On the contrary, the EU are showing great solidarity over Brexit with every national leader keeping in step, despite May's fruitless efforts to try to drive a wedge between them.

Any leader who does not keep in step is punished, ie Greece, Spain, Italy and Hungary to name a few. The EU answer is greater power to the council and less to national governments. Then there will be the EU army to keep control.
However the main divisions are with the populations, not the politicians, as is evident in this country.
May couldn't drive a wedge through our defence, never mind the EU.

Back