• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

You will do anything to avoid talking about the failings of the EU......Just like everyone else in the Labour party. That's why you will lose the next GE and rightly so.
The EU has many faults and failings but it is still a better alternative than the ludicrous notion that a small offshore nation that has no manufacturing base to speak of can make its own way in the world and do trade deals with even smaller countries that will in any way compensate for the economic benefits of being a member of the EU. The case for leaving has always been based on blind faith and a longing for the days of empire, as exemplified by the empty rhetoric of 'taking back control of our borders, our money and our laws' and the chauvinistic belief that if you talk tough to these foreigners, they will cave in. Simplistic nonsense which the likes of Tebbitt was always good at, as well as blowing the dogwhistle of British identity, a code for nationalist bigotry of the worst kind.

Maybe if you stopped wetting the bed for just one day, you would have some clarity in your thinking.

Screaming little Englander at me and burying your head in the EU sand pit wont help.

Who ever is president of Brazil wont effect ever affect us...…..You need to think what your going to do when Marine Le Penn is in charge of you...….I told you its going to happen and it will be the end of the EU.

You are of course aware that new President Bolsanaro, like his North American counterpart Trump, is a Global warming denier?

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...ster-for-the-amazon-and-global-climate-change

He appointed a Foreign Minister who believes climate change is a 'Marxist plot'

https://www.independent.co.uk/envir...ujo-marxist-plot-global-warming-a8637281.html

A good job Brazil is a long way away and the actions it takes won't effect us. :Winking: There again, perhaps you yourself don't believe in global warming???

I thought they were supposed to cave in a long time ago? Chicken, chicken, chicken...........who's for a dangerous game of chicken? :Smile:

Of course they wont while we had a Remainer, planted in to try and stop democracy. Where's Norman Tebbit when you need him.

The best bit is their plan has failed. We are more than happy to leave without a deal. That's why they are stalling and that's why we haven't had a second vote.

You are of course aware that new President Bolsanaro, like his North American counterpart Trump, is a Global warming denier?

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...ster-for-the-amazon-and-global-climate-change

He appointed a Foreign Minister who believes climate change is a 'Marxist plot'

https://www.independent.co.uk/envir...ujo-marxist-plot-global-warming-a8637281.html

A good job Brazil is a long way away and the actions it takes won't effect us. :Winking: There again, perhaps you yourself don't believe in global warming???

Anyone who supports globalisation or the EU can't care about global warming.

Maybe the new Brazillian president will stop the big western multinationals chopping down his forest's at a alarming rates. Maybe he will take on the private logging gangs that will murder people who oppose them.

The trees end up as flat pack furniture, the ground is then mined for your precious metals in our phones and computers. Then they graze cattle on what's left, which ends up in a McDonalds burger...…...All for Globalisation.

Just think without EU tarrifs on their food we could make farming pay more than logging in Brazil...…..Brexit the vote that could save the planet.

You are approaching 50,000 posts, any chance of contributing something?

This any good for you Mulder?

833b166b23cf4c5bb37f6b16942a805f-l2746128.jpg

Yep, and more from the Ramsgate fiasco......
Seaborne's contract was one of three awarded to ease "severe congestion" at Dover, in the case of a no-deal Brexit.

The contingency plans allow for almost 4,000 more lorries a week to come and go from other ports, including Plymouth, Poole, and Portsmouth.

In total the contracts are worth £103m.

"From local knowledge, there is terrific concern that we [Ramsgate Port] can not possibly by ready. There isn't the width or the breadth of the berths that is needed to carry large ships," the councillor said.

"I don't see how, with the state of the harbour and the port and the number of repairs that are needed that it could be ready."

Ms Martin also said there had been no contact with the council about opening the harbour for larger freight ships.

"We didn't have any notification of any this at our council meeting on 6 December. Why not? This is my ward. I have not had a single email from anybody."

"If someone can show me how the due diligence was carried out, if someone can show me evidence on paper I shall feel a lot more comfortable,"

It sounds like Chris Grayling couldn't run a p up in a brewery, and has handed out a £13.8 M contract to a freight company that only exists on paper.

Last edited:
You will do anything to avoid talking about the failings of the EU......Just like everyone else in the Labour party. That's why you will lose the next GE and rightly so.

For me that has been one of the most enlightening and overriding distinctions about this whole 211 page debate we've been having on here. Slag off Mrs May and the Tory party and ridicule anyone who voted leave but totally ignore the elephant in the room. (that's not a defence of TM by the way)

The EU, it's financial institutions and it's leaders are corrupt to the core and has proven to be incapable of any kind of meaningful reform.

For me that has been one of the most enlightening and overriding distinctions about this whole 211 page debate we've been having on here. Slag off Mrs May and the Tory party and ridicule anyone who voted leave but totally ignore the elephant in the room. (that's not a defence of TM by the way)

The EU, it's financial institutions and it's leaders are corrupt to the core and has proven to be incapable of any kind of meaningful reform.

This rather ignores the point that the Tories are HMG and are responsible for implimenting the will of the people expressed in the 2016 referendum.Which was ,of course,that the British people voted,narrowly, to leave. You can't really blame the EU for HMG's abject failure to do that.Or can you?

Yes they acting like all high ranking Nazis in 1945. If we go down we are taking everyone with us.

Still over the next 10 years that will be a great plus for us because with out doubt, the country that will come out best is Britain.

If you want people to only ask about certain things you have written then only write those things. I know all about your views on the EU and currently I'm interested in your views on who should or shouldn't have their performance critiqued.

Why did you imply that the awful deal that May negotiated should be allowed to pass through Parliament because she is female?

This rather ignores the point that the Tories are HMG and are responsible for implimenting the will of the people expressed in the 2016 referendum.Which was ,of course,that the British people voted,narrowly, to leave. You can't really blame the EU for HMG's abject failure to do that.Or can you?

WOW, where did I even mention her failure in the Brexit negotiations. I didn't. Nor did I blame the EU, I didn't even imply it. And I didn't ignore the point. It just wasn't/isn't pertinent to the point I was making.

What I did say and the point I was making is that so many people are so quick to slag off TM, BJ, JRM or anyone else Tory, or indeed anyone else that believes in the Brexit vote, that one of the core reasons we find ourselves where we are now is precisely what so many of those very same people choose to ignore and cannot defend.

Do some research and then then come back and defend the totally immoral, and some would say illegal, planned and systematic EU re: German and French bank and ECB and IMF led, destruction of the already bankrupt Greek economy and it's own banking system.

If you want people to only ask about certain things you have written then only write those things. I know all about your views on the EU and currently I'm interested in your views on who should or shouldn't have their performance critiqued.

Why did you imply that the awful deal that May negotiated should be allowed to pass through Parliament because she is female?

Another tried and tested straw man discussion from you.

The moment May got the job the majority of the country knew what was coming and so did you. You prayed we would be offered the deal we got in the hope that we would remain and Labour would profit in the process. You seemed to have underestimated the great British public......Not working out to well for the Labour party is it.

We wont have that deal. That's why they will try and use more delay tactics. If only JC would stand up for his core principles. Unfortunately his silence makes him the new Nick Clegg of politics...…..Still its his own fault for allowing the screaming left to dictate to him.

Another tried and tested straw man discussion from you.

The moment May got the job the majority of the country knew what was coming and so did you. You prayed we would be offered the deal we got in the hope that we would remain and Labour would profit in the process. You seemed to have underestimated the great British public......Not working out to well for the Labour party is it.

We wont have that deal. That's why they will try and use more delay tactics. If only JC would stand up for his core principles. Unfortunately his silence makes him the new Nick Clegg of politics...…..Still its his own fault for allowing the screaming left to dictate to him.
YOU used her gender as a reason not to criticise her. I just wanted to know why. You can retract that if you want and then no need to discuss it further.

Oh! I'm well aware of the elephant in the room, it's just that I fear rather more, the venomous snakes, sharks, lions, aligators and crocodiles that wait for us outside the room. I suppose, there it is in a nutshell. We are willing to stay in the EU with all its faults and failings. In security and in the hope that one day we will be able to make reforms. You, in your hatred for the EU and all it's institutions, are prepared to cast yourselves away, alone, in an ever more precarious world with some vague idea of jam tomorrow and banking on the good name of the country to see you through. At least the monsters that face us in the EU are ones we know and have some control over. Your gamble (and it is a gamble) is riskier, it flies in the face of most expert opinion and forecasts. It will, at least in the short (and medium) term make ordinary people poorer and risk jobs. It's a risk you are clearly willing to take. Do you really believe there is a majority in the country who are willing to follow you on your mystery tour???

YOU used her gender as a reason not to criticise her. I just wanted to know why. You can retract that if you want and then no need to discuss it further.

No thoughts on the EU or Labours failings?

I never yet met a staunch lefty, both male and female, who deep down doesn't have a problem with women.

I guess their brought up on hating Thatcher and the Queen, so its ingrained. Add a life time of envy politics and anyone they consider remotely Tory and female is targeted.

Labour is a long way off having a female leader and that is by design. It started with Blair and
you only have to look at the current shadow cabinet to know they want women to fail.

I never yet met a staunch lefty, both male and female, who deep down doesn't have a problem with women.

So you are now essentially calling this "lefty" a sexist.

Next time you bump into me, lets have this discussion where you can't be a keyboard warrior.

I guess their brought up on hating Thatcher and the Queen, so its ingrained. Add a life time of envy politics and anyone they consider remotely Tory and female is targeted.

Labour is a long way off having a female leader and that is by design. It started with Blair and
you only have to look at the current shadow cabinet to know they want women to fail.
All left wingers are sexist? You really are shameless in your desire to troll and will leave no nonsense unsaid.
It's embarrassing to be on the same forum as you sometimes.

Oh! I'm well aware of the elephant in the room, it's just that I fear rather more, the venomous snakes, sharks, lions, aligators and crocodiles that wait for us outside the room. I suppose, there it is in a nutshell. We are willing to stay in the EU with all its faults and failings. In security and in the hope that one day we will be able to make reforms. You, in your hatred for the EU and all it's institutions, are prepared to cast yourselves away, alone, in an ever more precarious world with some vague idea of jam tomorrow and banking on the good name of the country to see you through. At least the monsters that face us in the EU are ones we know and have some control over. Your gamble (and it is a gamble) is riskier, it flies in the face of most expert opinion and forecasts. It will, at least in the short (and medium) term make ordinary people poorer and risk jobs. It's a risk you are clearly willing to take. Do you really believe there is a majority in the country who are willing to follow you on your mystery tour???

OMG.....melodramatic or what.

So you've defended it's corruptness, it's lack of any meaningful democratic process, it's unending pursuit of total hegemony over other European sovereign states and it's complete lack of accountability to anyone or anything but itself by saying 'well, I'm scared of any kind of alternative and I'm willing to turn a blind eye because it's the least painful solution for me.

That French attitude is rubbing off on you.

Back