• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

It seems the choice is between financial turmoil or social turmoil. Well done David Cameron, pat yourself on the back.

If we leave isn't there a danger that the social turmoil will still come. That is when the poor and underpriveleged come to the understanding they have been royaly shafted and the reason for their problems was not the EU.

That DOES NOT MAKE THE VOTE ILLEGAL.... blimey MK, please stop conflating different things!

Illegality, if it happens, by one person or locally does not invalidate an entire national vote or make that vote illegal unless the vote itself was unconstitutionally held; held in an atmosphere of physical violence and intimidation at polling stations and/or ballot boxes were stuffed. None of those things happened.

Your criticism is that you think some people advocating for the outcome which the vote produced had spent a bit too much to pay for their advertising space? :Takethat::Takethat:
If it is not illegal it should say that electoral convention was broken, but it says electoral Law was broken.

How much the various leave campaigns been fined for overspending?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44856992

We've been down this road and adding everything up, and remain did overspend more than leave. Did you forget about David Cameron's illegal 14 page glossy booklet put through every home at the cost of 9 Million of tax payers money?
We all know that most remainers want another vote because they would win. But then democracy would lose. The government whoever is in power would not be trusted on a future vote. Can you imagine the riots in this country on the announcement of another vote, and when leave lost?

****ing hell!!
Plots to murder MPs uncovered by the police and used as evidence in court and you brush it off despite the fact that 2 years ago one of these psychos actually murdered an MP.
You might want to reconsider your nonchalance towards that.

The killer of Jo Cox was a lone wolf suffering from mental health.
Stop trying to suggest that there is some type of underground hard right murder squad ready to kill us all in our beds.
MP’s receive death threats on a daily basis as do the royalty. Nearly all of it is uncredible. It’s an unfortunate byproduct of social media.
Perhaps you may wish to consider some perspective.

Campaign groups breaking electoral law IS NOT the same thing as the vote itself being illegal. Christ on a bike.
There is an obvious connection between illegality in a campaign and the outcome of the vote, if not they wouldn't bother to break the law and the law wouldn't exist in the first place.

Personally I don't think it is the think to focus on. Brexit will fail because of government incompetence not through any other means.

The killer of Jo Cox was a lone wolf suffering from mental health.
Stop trying to suggest that there is some type of underground hard right murder squad ready to kill us all in our beds.
MP’s receive death threats on a daily basis as do the royalty. Nearly all of it is uncredible. It’s an unfortunate byproduct of social media.
Perhaps you may wish to consider some perspective.
There have been plots uncovered by police and dealt with by courts as per the links I provided. I have no idea why you want to downgrade these offences.

There have been plots uncovered by police and dealt with by courts as per the links I provided. I have no idea why you want to downgrade these offences.

Only one of the links you provided. The other two was the lone wolf who wasn’t investigated for any plot (arrested for attempted murder outside a mosque) and of course your Daily Star link (do they still do the topless pics?) which shows losers writing cobblers on social media which is the very point I’m trying to make.

Latest Brexit Odds from skybet:

New Market- HOC 2018 Brexit Vote:-

To Pass 10/1

Not to Pass 1/33

Now I think those sort odds tell us that the PMs deal is very unlikely to go through..

To leave by 29th March:-

No 4/6

Yes 11/10

For the 1st time since the referendum the bookies have this in favour of not leaving by the "cut off date".

Another EU Referendum before 2020:-

No 8/11

Yes 1/1

What has changed with the bookies in a month

HOC Vote now:

To Pass 16/1
Not to Pass 1/50

So even less likely than in December

To leave by 29th March 2019

No 1/4

Yes 11/4

So less likely than in December

Another EU referendum before 2020

no 1/2

Yes 6/4

So less likely than in December

Not sure what you can surmise from that? Both No deal Brexit and No Brexit are more likely than they were a month ago I guess

Only one of the links you provided. The other two was the lone wolf who wasn’t investigated for any plot (arrested for attempted murder outside a mosque) and of course your Daily Star link (do they still do the topless pics?) which shows losers writing cobblers on social media which is the very point I’m trying to make.
Jo Cox was murdered.

Darren Osborne murdered members of the public and when the police investigated that they found his plots to murder MPs.

National Action are a banned organisation and if you are found to be a member you will be arrested. Members of National Action were found with plots to murder an MP.

I'm very aware that the world of social media is littered with idle death threats. These examples above are either murderers or people in an organisation deemed to be a terrorist threat by the state.

It's way more dangerous than some tool calling Anna Soubry a Nazi.

The bookies don't often get it too wrong (unlike journos and politcos) so I make them right in that there will be no Brexit this March29.
What happens after that may well get very nasty, the MPs in Leave areas who have thwarted their electorates may be concerned, some journos, and possibly the ultra pro EU BBC may start asking hard questions.
A delay in a 2nd referendum while Junker and Co crow and belittle the UK further?
It is still going to be a narrow vote AND there will be much social political fall out AND a growth in radical discontent by the largest vote in our history being discarded.

The bookies don't often get it too wrong (unlike journos and politcos) so I make them right in that there will be no Brexit this March29.
What happens after that may well get very nasty, the MPs in Leave areas who have thwarted their electorates may be concerned, some journos, and possibly the ultra pro EU BBC may start asking hard questions.
A delay in a 2nd referendum while Junker and Co crow and belittle the UK further?
It is still going to be a narrow vote AND there will be much social political fall out AND a growth in radical discontent by the largest vote in our history being discarded.
Have they been doing that? They have had to negotiate on behalf of 27 countries and with a government that couldn't even have agreement within the department set up to negotiate. The UK have offered up three different heads of negotiations with the third one being overridden by a 4th - the PM. We have wasted their time, I'd be livid if that were me, I think they have been relatively supportive of the person who has headed up the UK and just created a very expensive distraction.

ATS, I think both sides have been as bad as the other but I do seem to recall DD bemoaning EU negotiators a while back about their stonewalling tactics. Seemed that whatever HMG put forward, they - Barnier et al - were more interested in how much they were going to squeeze out of us. I could be wrong but that does ring a bell. But like I said - both as bad as each other :Winking2:

Have they been doing that? They have had to negotiate on behalf of 27 countries and with a government that couldn't even have agreement within the department set up to negotiate. The UK have offered up three different heads of negotiations with the third one being overridden by a 4th - the PM. We have wasted their time, I'd be livid if that were me, I think they have been relatively supportive of the person who has headed up the UK and just created a very expensive distraction.

Oh come on. The other 27 will just gladly tow the EU line no matter what was negotiated. They know which side their collective bread is buttered. The EU have done nothing more than squeeze as much as they possibly can out of the UK in terms of monetary renumeration whilst at the same time doing all they can to limit any and all potential benefits of the UK leaving.

As I said in an earlier post they are positively kacking it at the idea that, God forbid, in five or so years time the other member states start to realise that although their bread might be buttered they're the ones being milked in order to make that butter.

Back