• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Diane Abbott in 2012: “White people love playing divide and rule”.

Is that not racist to you?

Diane Abbott in 1996: “Blonde-haired, blue-eyed Finnish girls are unsuitable nurses, because they’ve never met a black person before”.

Diane Abbott 1984 speaking on the Unionist population of NI: “Enclave of white supremacist ideology comparable with white settlers in Zimbabwe”.

The 3 examples you use are between 35 and 7 years ago, are fairly mild and are pitifully mild compared to the racist abuse she receives every single day. Of the abuse sent to female MP's during the last election more was directed at her than all other female MPs combined.

75% of voters in her constituency want to be represented by her yet you are happy that she is thwarted in her right to speak in public because of mildly offensive comments made years ago.

I wonder why you single her out.

Very concerning attitude.

The 3 examples you use are between 35 and 7 years ago, are fairly mild and are pitifully mild compared to the racist abuse she receives every single day. Of the abuse sent to female MP's during the last election more was directed at her than all other female MPs combined.

75% of voters in her constituency want to be represented by her yet you are happy that she is thwarted in her right to speak in public because of mildly offensive comments made years ago.

Very poor attempt to divert the absolute truth about Abbott by hinting GBJ or anyone else who mentions it must be racist.

Hahaha

So, just to be clear, you are stating that mild racism isn’t a big deal AND it’s perfectly acceptable that a prominent cabinet member of the opposition holds/held these views?

**** me.

Very poor attempt to divert the absolute truth about Abbott by hinting GBJ or anyone else who mentions it must be racist.

Fancy the hypocrisy of trying to backhandely accuse someone of racist intentions, when he’s literally just acknowledged & excused the blatant racism from one of his beloved party’s members.

Lefties eh? The gift that keeps on giving

On that note the fact that DA openly supported a victory for the IRA and hoped the British army would be defeated. Is not some minor offence to be forgotten. It was that sort pf support that prolonged the troubles and lead to the death of more soldiers.

Rather than accuse people of racism, why don't some of you listen to others as to why they wont vote Labour.

They wont win a GE because Dianne Abbott would be in charge of Immigration, policing, MI5 and national security...….No one worth their salt is going to allow that to happen

Hahaha

So, just to be clear, you are stating that mild racism isn’t a big deal AND it’s perfectly acceptable that a prominent cabinet member of the opposition holds/held these views?

**** me.

Johnson called black people Piccaninies (amongst many other blunders) and yet was Foreign Secretary. I don;t remember your outrage when this happened - or is it just because it's Dianne Abbot who's left of centre?

Johnson called black people Piccaninies (amongst many other blunders) and yet was Foreign Secretary.

So? I’m not defending Boris & neither have I advocated he holds that position. Personally I think he’s as much of a **** as Abbott

So? I’m not defending Boris & neither have I advocated he holds that position. Personally I think he’s as much of a **** as Abbott

I don't remember your faux outrage plastered all over Shrimperzone. Perhaps I missed it?

Fancy the hypocrisy of trying to backhandely accuse someone of racist intentions, when he’s literally just acknowledged & excused the blatant racism from one of his beloved party’s members.

Lefties eh? The gift that keeps on giving

Very true they won Brexit for us.

Had they not carried on with the same sneering insults Remain may well have won a second referendum. What they have done along with JC is get greedy. They thought lets used it to constantly attack Tories, Ukip, Brexitiers, anyone who mentions the word Rotherham etc. Now they have just driven more people not just over to Brexit but a hard Brexit and talk of a new style of politics...….The sort that will make the Owen Jones and his groupies scream even louder.

One bit of news from France that amused me this week. You will need a permit to demonstrate......The permit can only be issued from the people they are demonstrating against.

Could you please provide a link for the 'needing a permit to demonstrate?' As I understand it, you are always required to present a plan of a demonstration to the préfecture but I haven't heard news on the need for a permit. (Incidently, as I understand it, the préfecture is civil service and not a government body). I personally hope they will do something. When you live in a democracy the freedom to protest is a basic right. Yet, when that right is abused and exploited to political ends by extremists, causing criminal damage and infringinging on the liberty of others, there comes a point where, unfortunately, it requires limiting.

I don't remember your faux outrage plastered all over Shrimperzone. Perhaps I missed it?

Perhaps I wasn’t using the forum at that time?

Perhaps I wasn’t involved in this thread at that time?

Who knows?

Now, let’s see if you can answer a question... do you think Abbott’s comments are racist, and do you think she should be a prominent member of the opposition?

Edit: also, I’d like to add that I’m not “outraged” at all lol. I’m not irate or spitting blood over the matter. On top of that, this isn’t the first time I’ve mentioned my dislike of Abbott for her racist & disgusting behaviour. I’ve been consistent with it. I only brought it up, as the exiled guy was defending her honour, and I thought I’d inject a little balance into the equation

Last edited:
Very true they won Brexit for us.

Had they not carried on with the same sneering insults Remain may well have won a second referendum. What they have done along with JC is get greedy. They thought lets used it to constantly attack Tories, Ukip, Brexitiers, anyone who mentions the word Rotherham etc. Now they have just driven more people not just over to Brexit but a hard Brexit and talk of a new style of politics...….The sort that will make the Owen Jones and his groupies scream even louder.

Agreed. Although, as I’ve stated many times before, if people were allowed to mention the word “immigrant” 10 years ago, without being instantly labelled as a racist, then we’d probably never have got to this stage in any case.

Irony eh?

Could you please provide a link for the 'needing a permit to demonstrate?' As I understand it, you are always required to present a plan of a demonstration to the préfecture but I haven't heard news on the need for a permit. (Incidently, as I understand it, the préfecture is civil service and not a government body). I personally hope they will do something. When you live in a democracy the freedom to protest is a basic right. Yet, when that right is abused and exploited to political ends by extremists, causing criminal damage and infringinging on the liberty of others, there comes a point where, unfortunately, it requires limiting.

Here you go. It does appear that you will definitely need permission to demonstrate, but until the new legislation is drafted we wont know whether permission is given through an actual physical permit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46788751

Your on the money there. Democracy is being hi-jacked by politicians who don't wont to lose their tax payer funded cash club in Brussels.

At the top we have the criminal corrupt and unelected EU elite encouraging them. At the bottom we have the screaming left who know they cant win so are now threating to take away their bat and ball with the attitude of if we have to have Brexit lets make it one that no one wants......That will teach them

As for damage and infringing on peoples liberty. The rules go out the window when dictators overrule democracy...We have no obligation to conform in that situation.....The French have always known this and you should embrace your adopted countries culture.

Hahaha

**** me.
I'm saying that your reaction is inappropriate. If every MP who had made comments that were at the same level of offence as the ones you highlighted at some point over the last 30 years lost their right to speak freely in public then pretty much no MPs would be speaking on our behalf.

Wow, can they also apply to block roads, throw rocks, burn cars and beat up Le Plod?

I think that's called rioting, rather than demonstrating :Smile: The legislation does not stipulate that you don't need permission if you don't intend to riot. It doesn't make that distinction. What the French government are saying, in effect, is 'rioting has happened; that's wrong: therefore everyone will need permission to demonstrate going forward'... Hmm.

Even with something as touchy as Brexit, with permanent rival demonstrations in Westminster, we have seen nothing remotely like rioting from either side!

Last edited:
I'm saying that your reaction is inappropriate. If every MP who had made comments that were at the same level of offence as the ones you highlighted at some point over the last 30 years lost their right to speak freely in public then pretty much no MPs would be speaking on our behalf.

Firstly, you lost any sense of moral high ground, when you acknowledged, yet excused the racist comments that the woman made, only to try and shift focus back onto me, and my agenda.

Secondly, What would an appropriate reaction be to lovely Dianne’s mild racism then? please enlighten me, oh liberal one.

Thirdly, again, the hypocrisy of the left is bewildering. I just wonder what response would have come, if Nigel Farage Farage has said “Black people love playing divide and rule”.

Firstly, you lost any sense of moral high ground, when you acknowledged, yet excused the racist comments that the woman made, only to try and shift focus back onto me, and my agenda.

Secondly, What would an appropriate reaction be to lovely Dianne’s mild racism then? please enlighten me, oh liberal one.

Thirdly, again, the hypocrisy of the left is bewildering. I just wonder what response would have come, if Nigel Farage Farage has said “Black people love playing divide and rule”.
If you dig out comments from 30+ years ago that are not very extreme then you are putting the spotlight on yourself.

I'm no liberal. There are various options, applauding someone using falsehoods in debates with her is not one of them.

Nigel Farage has said many things worse than that but currently he is an irrelevance with no power so I don't think digging dirt on him is the best use of anyone's time right now.

Back