• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Everybody who's here will be staying, able to claim every benefit and service that the British born can, and no doubt they'll be able to bring over relatives who'll be able to do the same.

Ever feel like you've been cheated Brexiteers?

At least they got are country back though. Plus that £350m for the NHS.

Are you telling me that a large part of the OUT vote wasn't about immigration and stretched services?

According to what we are told controlling immigration was certainly a factor, in addition to pressure on services....how have we been cheated?

Let's be fair here, no-one accepts the first gambit in a negotiation. Let's wait and see what they agree on before we start getting on our high horses.

Or let's wait an see what the Governmen't white paper says on Monday.Personally I don't really have a dog in this fight anymore ,let alone a high horse.:smiles:

According to what we are told controlling immigration was certainly a factor, in addition to pressure on services....how have we been cheated?

How is any of that going to change with that announcement?

How is any of that going to change with that announcement?

You've lost me...what has an attempt by May to agree the rights and status of EU citizens legally in the UK got to do with cheating Brexit voters?

You've lost me...what has an attempt by May to agree the rights and status of EU citizens legally in the UK got to do with cheating Brexit voters?

You're being deliberately obtuse Callan. You know definitely well that a lot (not all obviously) of Brexiteers voted OUT so a lot of the EU nationals already here would have to leave.

You're being deliberately obtuse Callan. You know definitely well that a lot (not all obviously) of Brexiteers voted OUT so a lot of the EU nationals already here would have to leave.

Really or does that just fit a Remain narrative?

I only remember Leave saying the intention was to control borders not to kick out those who were already here....Farage has been highly critical of TM echoing Corbyns view that EU's citizens futures should be assured....if you have something factual where Leave stated they were kicking people out I would be happy to stand corrected.

I only remember Leave saying the intention was to control borders not to kick out those who were already here....Farage has been highly critical of TM echoing Corbyns view that EU's citizens futures should be assured....if you have something factual where Leave stated they were kicking people out I would be happy to stand corrected.

I'm sure there's some fairly repulsive websites I could google if I had the inclination, not to mention the rise in hate crime directed against EU nationals (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...es-police-figures-new-racism-eu-a7580516.html).

I don't think that is true tbh.

Bigger issue at this stage is that the EU want assurances around people who have moved to the UK's families and future generations having rights guaranteed which is clearly contrary to a UK Government with a mandate to reduce immigration from this point onwards. If they do indeed have such a mandate.

It's breathtaking that you choose to tar 17.5 million voters with the mindless actions of a few....would you blame all Muslims for terror attacks?...of course you wouldn't ...so how is this any different?

You're twisting things. At no point did I say all 17.5 million voters.

You're twisting things. At no point did I say all 17.5 million voters.

I haven't twisted anything...you asked if Brexiteers felt cheated as the rights to remain in the UK for EU citizens looks likely to now happen....something official Leave campaigns were in favour of prior and post the referendum.

You then posted links to a rise in hate crimes for some reason (nothing to do with what I asked)...it's there for all to see.

You better tell the people that were going round abusing immigrants saying, "we voted to kick you out" then, because they clearly thought so.

You better tell the people that were going round abusing immigrants saying, "we voted to kick you out" then, because they clearly thought so.

I'm willing to do that....as nowhere, and I will lay the same challenge to you as MK....did it feature in the leave campaign that people would be kicked out....if you can prove me wrong than again I'm happy to be corrected.

Equally there were more leavers (from the zone poll) than remainers on here...if any of them thought that EU citizens already here were going to be kicked out ...perhaps they can explain where this came from.

Back