• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brighton - £22????

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
Has the world gone completely mad???

£22 to sit in that excuse for a stadium and watch League One football? That is outrageous. It was bad enough at Swindon the year before last at £23, but at least you had a half decent stadium and a good view. For those of you who havent had the mispleasure of watching a game of football at the Withdean take note - you should buy yourself a very good pair of binoculars, and that is just to see the goal at the end of the "stadium" you are sitting.

Outrageous price, and I for one will not be entering into the ballot!

£22 to sit in that excuse for a stadium and watch League One football? That is outrageous. It was bad enough at Swindon the year before last at £23, but at least you had a half decent stadium and a good view. For those of you who havent had the mispleasure of watching a game of football at the Withdean take note - you should buy yourself a very good pair of binoculars, and that is just to see the goal at the end of the "stadium" you are sitting.

I hope alot more people feel the same way, gives a better chance for those who wanna go watch our club and pay the money

£22 might be outrageous, but dick knight, their chairman has already stated that even if they sell out the withdean at that price, the club still makes a loss.

Like you say, it may be an "excuse for a stadium" but Brighton, as i'm sure you're well aware have done everything in their power to get a permanent home, and if my paying £22 helps in any way with them getting Falmer built, i'll gladly support the cause.

£22 might be outrageous, but dick knight, their chairman has already stated that even if they sell out the withdean at that price, the club still makes a loss.

Like you say, it may be an "excuse for a stadium" but Brighton, as i'm sure you're well aware have done everything in their power to get a permanent home, and if my paying £22 helps in any way with them getting Falmer built, i'll gladly support the cause.

Valid points and Brighton are a club which has fought back from major ill-treatment from owners/councils etc and their determination to get a proper ground has not hitherto been matched by the authorities.

By the way, don't be fooled by the picture on the SUFC website. That's the home bit, the away bit is even further away.

I will gladly pay £22 but unlike you I hope the club crashes and burns into the non-leagues.

Outrageous price, and I for one will not be entering into the ballot

Good more chance for me to get a ticket............

I fully understand the problems that Brighton have experience, I have a friend who is a seaso down there, but that doesnt justify charging £22 to watch football in such an awful arena.

It can be as expensive if you pay on the day here, but at least you are watching dootball in a proper stadium, you are completely exposed to the elements there, and are miles, and i mean miles, away from the pitch.

At the end of the day, that is just ripping off the paying customer, and I can think of a whole host of other away days i would rather save the hard earned for.

I'll be dipping my hand into my pocket for this one. Also considering staying down there for the weekend provided its a Saturday game (I can't be arsed to check the fixtures and havent memorised them yet).

£22 isn't cheap but meh, you only live once. Brightons a cracking town and I'm really looking forward to it.

I fully understand the problems that Brighton have experience, I have a friend who is a seaso down there, but that doesnt justify charging £22 to watch football in such an awful arena.

It can be as expensive if you pay on the day here, but at least you are watching dootball in a proper stadium, you are completely exposed to the elements there, and are miles, and i mean miles, away from the pitch.

At the end of the day, that is just ripping off the paying customer, and I can think of a whole host of other away days i would rather save the hard earned for.

Fair enough, however....I dont think I will be attending now after learning that they will be playing 'dootball'.

I hate that game.

:mad:

I'll be dipping my hand into my pocket for this one. Also considering staying down there for the weekend provided its a Saturday game (I can't be arsed to check the fixtures and havent memorised them yet).

£22 isn't cheap but meh, you only live once. Brightons a cracking town and I'm really looking forward to it.

Too right, a couple of us will be staying down there (spandex time) and having a jolly good night out with the locals.

Will be sipping Bicardi in 'Bryans Basement' if any of you know of it!

But you're missing the point. You say you're "miles, and i mean miles, away from the pitch." - they rent the ground, and therefore cannot build the stands close to the pitch, to prevent damage to the running tracks.

Also, as you know, they are at the Withdean through no fault of their own. Yes, it may be a lot of money for league 1 football, but to say they are "ripping off the paying customer" is a joke. They have a limited capacity, with limited facilities, and their only real chance of even breaking even every year is through charging higher ticket prices. And if the club has to charge £22 just to survive, then fair play to them.

Besides, what's an extra £2 or £3 after you've paid for travel, food and drinks on the way to the ground anyway?

But you're missing the point. You say you're "miles, and i mean miles, away from the pitch." - they rent the ground, and therefore cannot build the stands close to the pitch, to prevent damage to the running tracks.

Also, as you know, they are at the Withdean through no fault of their own. Yes, it may be a lot of money for league 1 football, but to say they are "ripping off the paying customer" is a joke. They have a limited capacity, with limited facilities, and their only real chance of even breaking even every year is through charging higher ticket prices. And if the club has to charge £22 just to survive, then fair play to them.

Besides, what's an extra £2 or £3 after you've paid for travel, food and drinks on the way to the ground anyway?

yet people are more than happy to pay, say £20 to go and see an away match up north but spend a hell of a lot more money on travel. at least brighton is less than an hour and half drive away.

Back