• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brighton - £22????

Administrators - can we please ban people who complain about money. Frankly its embarrassing . This is Essex, get a job.

I do have a job thank you, and a well paid one at that, but it wouldnt matter if I was earning millions each year, £22 IMO is too expensive to watch football in that kind of environment.

As some have pointed out, it means 2 more spaces available in the ballot, so that should make all non season ticket holders wishing to travel quite happy about it!

Last edited:
But you're missing the point. You say you're "miles, and i mean miles, away from the pitch." - they rent the ground, and therefore cannot build the stands close to the pitch, to prevent damage to the running tracks.

Also, as you know, they are at the Withdean through no fault of their own. Yes, it may be a lot of money for league 1 football, but to say they are "ripping off the paying customer" is a joke. They have a limited capacity, with limited facilities, and their only real chance of even breaking even every year is through charging higher ticket prices. And if the club has to charge £22 just to survive, then fair play to them.

Besides, what's an extra £2 or £3 after you've paid for travel, food and drinks on the way to the ground anyway?

I'm not missing the point at all, I am well aware of the situation at Brighton, and how they are forced to play at the Withdean as they have no 'home' of there own, and I admire them for that, at least the people of Brighton have there team playing back where they belong, after a large amount of time spend in the wilderness of Gillingham!

However, that has nothing to do with my opinion that it is overpriced, because it is, simple as that.

All clubs at this level are desperate for more cash, and they should be helped out by all this ridiculous TV money floating around the Premiership. It also wouldnt kill some of the larger clubs in the top flight to help out causes like this.

If Brighton get away with it, and sell out each week, then as you say, good luck to them, but as a paying consumer, you pays your money and takes your choice... and in this instance, i think it's too expensive, so wont be buying a ticket.

Back