• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BRING BACK THE ROOTS HALL ROAR

BRING BACK THE ROOTS HALL ROAR - Hows the best way to get it back???

• Create a designated singing area(non singers are ejected)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The north bank is the only way to go.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Put something in the tea or coffee

• Forget it ! If i wanted more noise i would visit the local morgue

• Atmosphere whats that????

• It will only happen if we move to fossetts farm

• Desegregate. That should raise a few pulses.

• We should encourage in another way(please state)

• Get the cheerleaders to dance in the buff (leagle??)

• I dont really give one...

• Total voters

tommytwoholes

Obviously the club are trying to create a better (sum) atmosphere at the hall. How do you feel we could raise the noise levels and bring back the roar. We are the 12th man on the pitch and lets face it we arent exactly viciferous are we.

This is something that gets raised every week it seems.
We will not get the North Bank back. In my opinion that is a shame as the atmosphere at Tilly's testimonial was brilliant and strated the old memories flooding back. However when this was raised by the club in a questionaire a few seasons back they got a pathetic response.
The view from the North bank is far from good, the facilities are far from good.

The only way you will get a good atmosphere back to Roots Hall is to have a succesful team playing good football.

This is not a north bank poll. This is a how do we get the roots hall roar back poll. Its just that the roots hall roar and the north bank go hand in hand. Personally i dont see how ron martin can lose by giving as a game there and trying. Lets face it the poll conducted by the club was rubbish. Lots of people dont buy a programme. lots of people who buy a programme dont read it all the way through. The club didnt exactly urge supporters to vote did they!! Surely letting people decide with were they plonk there @rse on a matchday would show a better poll.

Give the kids in the family stand a megaphone each!
laugh.gif
ghostface.gif

We are the 12th man... but we're the kind that only performs if the other 11 are doing so.

We need a bit of success to raise the spirits and thus the noise.

rock.gif

Passion and performance on the pitch will help. It was pretty good for the latter part of last season.

When i had my little tantrum after the first game of the season i suggested to Ron a return to the north bank for aleast a one game trial, as well as a whole host of other suggestions put forward from fellow SZers, he is listening and does ultimatley want to reproduce the Roots Hall Roar.

Something that the club is also thinking of is having microphones placed around the ground to reproduce the accoustics of the north bank.

something that the club is also thinking of is having microphones placed around the ground to reproduce the accoustics of the north bank.

Better hope they are of a better standard than geoff allens mike or we could all go home with burst eardrums!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Sep. 24 2004,14:42)]something that the club is also thinking of is having microphones placed around the ground to reproduce the accoustics of the north bank.
If they're anything like Jeff's then we'll have loads of Norman Collier intermittent chanting coupled with the odd highpitched feedback whistling!

--

Still angry because some utter to$$er is walking around the area with my stolen coat!!!

Other than I don't want my daughter to meet the two who voted for the cheerleaders in the buff offer, (though that Ginger one......), I think it's a very healthy debate re the north bank.  Yes, the altzimers is stating to set in but I'm sorry it's our spiritual home.  Yes, the view could be better, (I still need people to tell me was it Stan that crossed to Brett to score the winner against West Ham because I could see bugger all).  However, it is THE Southend home end, the scoursers wouldn't accept the Kop going the opposite end of Anfield.  The support and the noise the team got in the first season in the old first division was amazing and by then I'd moved to the West Stand.  Facilities, who cares, you can always improve that.  As far as I'm concerned it must be given a chance at some stage and if it dosen't work, fair enough, I'll accept defeat.

Get the Bluebelles dancing in the buff!
biggrin.gif

I'd love the North Bank back but we won't get it, we tried a few years ago and failed. I'm not too bothered anyway, I personally think the atmosphere at Roots Hall is a lot better than it is at other grounds I've visited, and div 3 (or league 2 if you must) grounds aren't really supposed to have brilliant atmospheres.

If there is a point to be argued, it is the situation within the new stadium. Any discussion about bringing back the North Bank is simply not viable when we are due to move to a new stadium.

We need to be concerned with the 'end' we get when we move to Fossett's Farm. The North Bank will simply not happen, neither will the Roots Hall Roar, while we are at the current ground.

Can anyone genuinely suggest a return to the NB is viable when we are due to move??

Yes, why not.. most teams bring very few fans with them and they could be put into the NW corner. Theres a brick wall dividing that corner from the west stand already and how much would it cost to put up a low dividing wall to ensure segregation between them and us in the north bank.. Im sure the fans would provide the labour if asked!!
Away fans would enter via fairfax and we would enter via east stand car park.
Maybe entry only for us if you are a card carrying trust member??
Food bar of sorts in ne corner so we wont go hungry.. just need some of them plastic bottles of beer..
Im sure a burger van could pull up near away fans turnstiles and serve them?!?
Orient etc would get the whole of the north bank
sad.gif

Back